Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 13:04   #1
BHPian

Swift in Hole (Pothole)

Dear Friends ,

Today while parking my car into office i had a little accident . Since there is not much parking available in side our office , employee have to resort to parking outside . unfortunately the only space available to us is ridden with potholes & on top of it these holes are mostly not visible due to grass.

Today i found my self in one of them , the car took a beating with a loud 'THUD' noise and then came outside of hole. After i regained my cool , i saw the rubber lining ( which encapsulates the wheel arc from inside ) was lying outside. this seemed quite bad. but i was amazed to see the the ditch was just 4-6 cm in depth . their was no scratch on the bumper and car was looking fine.

I will be going tomorrow to get this repaired and will a also post the picture .
Can any one please let me know what else should need be checked.

I am still amazed to see the rubber lining damage even though the ditch was very small.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 8th July 2008 at 13:09.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:11   #2
BHPian

That is indeed sad man, though i think its nothing major and ur car shud be okay

Cheer up!

Elito
Old 8th July 2008, 13:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Dear Friends ,

Today while parking my car into office i had a little accident . Since there is not much parking available in side our office , employee have to resort to parking outside . unfortunately the only space available to us is ridden with potholes & on top of it these holes are mostly not visible due to grass.

Today i found my self in one of them , the car took a beating with a loud 'THUD' noise and then came our of the hole. After i regained my cool , i saw the rubber lining ( which encapsulates the wheel arc from inside ) was lying outside. this seemed quite bad. but i was amazed to see the the ditch was just 4-6 cm in depth . their was no scratch on the bumper and car was looking fine.

I will be going tomorrow to get this repaired and will a also post the pic .
Can any one please let me know what else should need be checked.

I am still amazed to see the rubber lining damage even though the ditch was very small.

Hi,

A street dog hit to the left side of the bumper made damage to the Radiator bottom, that makes coolant leakage & made me to change for new radiator assembly to my new swift, a quality of material's used in swift really sucks.

Last edited by subbarao : 8th July 2008 at 13:15.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

similar thread about a wheel in a hole
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-man-hole.html

Mods: does this qualify for a merge
Old 8th July 2008, 13:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

These things are fixed by plastic rivets or something. The edge of the cover should have hit the ground and might have plonked it off.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva
These things are fixed by plastic rivets or something. The edge of the cover should have hit the ground and might have plonked it off.
Thanks srishiva . I did see lots of rivets on the ground , do you know how much does this rubber assembly going to cost ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11
That is indeed sad man, though i think its nothing major and ur car shud be okay

Cheer up!

Elito
Thank you guys for the comforting words

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 8th July 2008 at 15:43.

Most Viewed