Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 01:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, it is the responsibility of the larger vehicle insurance company to bear the damages but it is not that the larger vehicle is responsible for the accident. Unfortunately i think it is mis-interpreted by the public and even by the authorities.

Lawyers @ teambhp, any pointers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
I recently read in the newspaper that the Indian Supreme Court ruled that the larger vehicle always is guilty in an accident.
But if it is what you read in a newspaper, there are high chances that the reporter has mis-interpreted the ruling or its a printing mistakes. (these things are a common in the newspapers)

raj.
Old 18th July 2008, 02:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Anyone from Pune would know the torture on the four wheel drivers from the Two Wheel drivers. It is HELL here. Worse is the scene in main city areas (all Peths & Laxmi Roads).
HEY.. Its not only the two wheelers but also the 4 wheelers the 6 wheelers and everybody on the road even the guys walking. All have to and want to be the first to get through. To hell with the rules no body cares after all "I AM THE SAALA OF THE MINISTER"

Nobody with any sense of responsibility and road sense
And the height of all is when you get stuck behind a lady driver specially when she is driving a car, Aahhh.... i feel i killing myself. What i do is slow down or stop on the side to let her pass by very very far away from me.
Of course there are exceptions.

Why dont people understand if you dont care for yourself at least think and care when you are with your family before you get a

I think there is only one way the road sense in India can be improved
We should start a fine on every rule break. The fine should be 5000 Rs. and 1 week in Jail. Then let me see how many people break the rule. People would be stopping 100 mts before the signal. The serious fine will force the drivers and riders to think One hundred times before they break a rule and this would also help reduce the road rage mentality.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th July 2008 at 20:10. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 18th July 2008, 18:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Talking of road sense (or lack of it) we all have seen family of 4 in a scooter. But, has anyone seen it done this way

- Jag
Attached Thumbnails
Road Sense and No Sense of responsibility-200807121338_133.jpg  

Old 18th July 2008, 19:40   #49
BHPian

One week back I was one the way to home from office, its around 7.30PM. There is a turn left on Domlur flyover to join on Airport road(to go MG Road direction). Mostly there wont be any vehicle on that bypass. I was at 30 -40 kmph. There were two kids on a bicycle that day as they were on the left side I was kind of pushing the gas pedal. When there was only 30-40mtrs gap these kids took a right turn and they are at the center on the road. Swear on God , I have seen stars in my eyes :O Didn't even bothered to look into the RVM to check anyone following me, just stood on the break pedal.

Just two feets to them, my magnum stopped with a loud screech. I just came out of the car and sat on the pavement. The kids also got scared to death and one of them took a water bottle from his school bag and gave me. I couldn't speak for 2 mins. Sitting in office even now I am shivering think about it. God saved.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 18th July 2008 at 19:42.
Old 18th July 2008, 20:00   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
But if it is what you read in a newspaper, there are high chances that the reporter has mis-interpreted the ruling or its a printing mistakes. (these things are a common in the newspapers)
No, I specifically remember reading that the judge is claiming that the vehicle with higher BHP is at fault. So, if a Bolero rams into a Swift, Swift is at fault.
Old 19th July 2008, 02:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No, I specifically remember reading that the judge is claiming that the vehicle with higher BHP is at fault. So, if a Bolero rams into a Swift, Swift is at fault.
Wow.. And he is a judge.! An educated citizen.
Old 19th July 2008, 08:19   #52
BHPian

maybe the judge has a lower bhp vehicle, a luna perhaps
Old 19th July 2008, 11:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But what if both the colloding vehicles have same BHP ?
Here how can the judge run away from giving justice ?

Jokes apart, this only shows how illogical our judicial system is getting. As far as road safety and laws are concerned, I dont think that many judges even know what is the truth or law.
Old 19th July 2008, 20:09   #54
BHPian

Yesterday on the Banjara Hills road no. 2, which is difficult to drive in full daylight with 4 eyes, there was this guy on a bike speaking on mobile with the phone held between his head and shoulder. He coolly sails across to cross the road in the chourastha, fully engrossed and smiling as he speaks. I had to screech my car to avoid hitting him and to throw some expletives, but he was too engrossed to even take note! All available expletives fall short for this guy.

I think most bikers believe they are nifty drivers, and fail to understand it is by the quick reflexes of some one else each day that they continue to be able to drive. No, I drive a bike sometimes, but go by the rule book. Sometimes I feel giving each bike driver training in car driving as part of licensing exercise will sensitize them to what it means to drive a bigger vehicle.
Old 19th July 2008, 20:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Yesterday on the Banjara Hills road no. 2, which is difficult to drive in full daylight with 4 eyes, there was this guy on a bike speaking on mobile with the phone held between his head and shoulder. He coolly sails across to cross the road in the chourastha, fully engrossed and smiling as he speaks. I had to screech my car to avoid hitting him and to throw some expletives, but he was too engrossed to even take note! All available expletives fall short for this guy.

I think most bikers believe they are nifty drivers, and fail to understand it is by the quick reflexes of some one else each day that they continue to be able to drive. No, I drive a bike sometimes, but go by the rule book. Sometimes I feel giving each bike driver training in car driving as part of licensing exercise will sensitize them to what it means to drive a bigger vehicle.
You should have given a piece of your mind to that biker and i agree that bikers on the phones while riding are a big menace an dthey think that its a style statement and wish they had brains how dangerous it is.
Regarding their 4 wheeler exercise, it will be more worse as the ambiance in the car makes such morons to hold the steering in one hand while talking on the other and regardless of such things these morons will never understand and are by far a big menace on our roads.
Old 19th July 2008, 21:39   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

HotChillyPepper, that is a horrendous experience --- but it's kind-of sweet to think of the kid giving you his water instead of just scarpering.

I guess it means it registered with the kid too. One educated child.

I think I read the other day that Corporation buses have been involved in 40 fatal accidents this year so far.

Who needs criminals?
Old 25th July 2008, 10:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

Street Nuisance - Basic road sense

First instance, Today morning a white SX4 was the culprit in Jayanagar area.

First it tried to overtake inorder to get to the front when everyone else was waiting in the lane for the cop to let the traffic flow and no divider inbetween.Then realizing that he couldnt make it(the traffic from opp direction started flowing ), tried to barge into a small space which got created due to traffic in my lane also moving.

I asked him gesturely as to what was he upto and realized it was a driver with a college guy in the front passenger seat. Ofcourse I didnt give him space.Then I saw this driver zipping away as soon as he got space, criss-crossing and driving extermely fast in the slight drizzle and wet roads.

Unfortunately the SX4 was also taking the same route as I take and it was headed for Christ college with the same driving behaviour. After Jayanagar head PO (was watching him drive), I decided to catch up and tell him to drive slowly, although he had already vanished in one of those turns (this is when I also realized Safari's prowess for the first time). Get behind him and use my dippers, no response, he looks at the RVM and goes on.

Come next to him at one of the free flowing intermediate crossings, rolldown my window slowed to almost antwalk, driver realizes I have to say something, slows, stoops down to face me from the passenger window.
I ignore him and tell the College guy "You seem educated, ask your driver to drive slowly."
College guy : "I am getting late to my college" (looking at his watch but not looking at me)
Me: "This way you might not reach college, but straight up"
It was like a 5 sec coversation, but worked. After that I notice the SX4 driving calmy and slowly on open roads also.

Second Instance, this is bang opposite Christ college gate on the parallel side.

You would have noticed that the traffic after Diary circle flyover gets jammed around 8:30AM daily. Reason Christ college students getting down in the middle of the road next to the divider with their parents/ drivers just stopping the car inbetween for 10-15 seconds till they get down and partially the Bus chaos wherein they just stop right in the middle at Christ college bus stop.

One Zen stops in front of me, in the meantime the traffic cop (who started coming from 2-3 days back) stops the traffic for the students to cross. Seeing the traffic cop, one more car in the front gives the left indicator and moves to the extreme left to drop the student passenger. The zen in front of me is awaiting the crossing students, the cop gives the hand signal to go and looks away but I find the zen not moving, i honk but no result. As the cop is looking away, suddenly i find the left door of the Zen opening and one girl hurriedly walking away to the divider. The cop look back due to my honking and I gesture him about the zen.

The Zen starts moving and I come to the side of zen, stare the occupant only to find a middle aged aunty driving it. Imagine the number of cars stopping like this for few seconds slowing and traffic at the back on the right most lane and the buses blocking the traffic on the left lane. This creates a slow moving jam everyday there.

What can I say, Put them both into Christ College and ask the management to educate the parents too ??? and imagine these are the people who will grow up educated and start driving on the roads.
Old 25th July 2008, 10:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Dadu ! Definitely in the first instance the pep talk you had given surely worked and i too never understand why people hurry just for a few seconds buffering not only risking other lives but theirs as well.
That stretch off the christ college will never improve as basically no one heeds to the basic road sense one needs to have and if honked to tell them that they are blocking the road, they give you a damn dare look making you think did i do anything wrong? Phew most of indian roads are marooned by such morons in every second ride around you.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

People seem to have lost it.they simply dont have patience.

Forget about enjoying the drive,they just put their and fellow peoples' lives in grave danger.

god give them some wisdom.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:32   #60
BHPian

Dadu the chaos near christ college is way better now compared to 2003-04. the roads were too small in that time and the traffic was so miserable that one can not even imagine of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks