Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2006, 20:49   #166

crooks

my dad had caught a kid while he was busy denting dad,s partners car. since he was a kid he was slapped twice & left
Old 12th July 2006, 12:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

God give us the courage to accept the things we cannot change!
Old 12th July 2006, 12:51   #168
BHPian

what's written on the boonet of that Aveo was written on the bonnet of my black gypsy - in hindi way too deep to remove with rubbing.

sigh. just have to live with this ugly side to owning automobiles.
Old 12th July 2006, 13:25   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
Looks like somebody is already worried about the Civic that's gonna come home in a few days. Yeah, we cannot fully prevent such things and the only way out is to accept it.
Old 12th July 2006, 13:39   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Looks like somebody is already worried about the Civic that's gonna come home in a few days. Yeah, we cannot fully prevent such things and the only way out is to accept it.
Yes. But my ohc also got scratched - the first time was real bad, after that it did not matter, got used to thin body. However, dealer always did a small touch up - as much as possible. Surpisingly last two years have been quite great - not a single scratch or dent, even though I have not been as careful.

Maybe a lesson for all of us? Not to bother too much, nothing happens. If you are too fussy, something always happen - another law of life?
Old 12th July 2006, 19:07   #171
BHPian

I once parked my truck (scorpio) behind a brand new Octy RS silver color Opposite to Garuda Mall. I couldn't help but stop and drool at that beauty!!! She was just too good!! When I got back I could see the octy car from a distance and was just envying the person who owns it...as I neared the car I saw a huge 'X' scratched on the bonnet. I was damn sure it was not there in the morning and someone jerk who didn't like to appreciate the beauty had done this awful thing. I felt sad for the owner for a second when I realised that my truck could also have been affected. So I ran and found there was a huge, deep scratch on my bonnet also. It was a straight line scratched with some sharp metal object. Oh! I felt so bad that day... that was the first scratch and it didn't happen while driving but because of some insane nutcase. What can you do...?
Old 13th July 2006, 09:44   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
OK, did not imagine that I will need to ask God so soon.
Today morning on my way to work, was stand-still in traffic (mostly school kids on cycles on their way to school) and suddenly I hear a hit on my right side. Turn around to see a kid on his cycle who hit my car. For a moment, I was like mad, then his face and his apologies softened me. On reaching office I see a 6 inch long gash just above the rear door handle (must be from the sharp edge of his cycle's handlebar). The funny thing is that I had once scraped the bumper of a bus on the same location on the other side, which did not leave any evidence at all, while this one from a puny cycle is a clear gash.
What's the use being mad at a kid ? I guess God will give me the courage.
Old 13th July 2006, 10:23   #173

I had an experience of some body scratching my car infront of me and I cud do nothing..This happened in Kerala,where I got stuck in the middle of the road coz of a strike by one of the political parties.There were couple of cars infront and behind mine queued up . Suddenly from both the sides 2-3 guys came running and made deep scratches to all the cars in the queue - from one end to other.. and they asked us to go...All the 4 doors and the fenders were having deep scratches and I guess its made by a cion...

God...when these ppl will behave like human beings
Old 31st March 2007, 13:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Since the day i have bought the Dicor it has always been parked outside as the drive way cannot take in more cars..
Till last night there were no issues with my vehicle, today morning when as usual i was getting ready to go to work i did the routine inspection of my vehicle for tire pressure, oil leakes etc..
I noticed that my car had been played around with at night..

these are the things i noticed..
1. The Driver side door window beading was tampered with.. and it has blade marks.. Looks like smoeone tried to pull it off to gain entry to the car..
2. on the left rear side of the vehicle the Dicor badging is removed...which has left an UGLY mark..

I do not have central locking on my car.. Will installing a central locking system help me and my car from all this or is that just a waste..
I am in total delima and dont know what to do as there is no way i can park the car inside...

Please help..

Godfather
Old 31st March 2007, 14:09   #175
Senior - BHPian

Invest in the alarm/immobilizer that Tata sells with the Dicor.
Old 31st March 2007, 14:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

Yes do invest in the security system ,but things like the badge will still not remain safe.

I have a friend who faces a similar situation like you,he has to park his skoda octavia outside.What he does is feed a few stray dogs,and they in turn are always around his car.But with the latest drive against stray dogs dont know if this idea can be followed for long.
Old 31st March 2007, 15:08   #177
Senior - BHPian

Please please please...Do not talk abt this people...its like rubbing into the wound...Last month some Jerk hit a pointed "stone" on the bonnet while the car was parked in my Building Complex. A closer observation revealed some 3-4 cars were hit in the same manner the same day

No Point in covering the as well, they'll cut through the expensive car cover and then damage the car. Why don't people understand that its bad to misbehave with someone's gal (read that as car). Appreciate the beauty and hope for a similar one but not damage it.

All I can say is, "Milega toh peetega!"

@ God, Man, sorry to hear about the damage, but good to read that the beautiful machine is still there...

Last edited by adya33 : 31st March 2007 at 18:36.
Old 31st March 2007, 15:38   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Invest in the alarm/immobilizer that Tata sells with the Dicor.
Any idea of the cost.. or should i go in for something else..??

Godfather
Old 31st March 2007, 16:09   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Any idea of the cost.. or should i go in for something else..??

Godfather

A remote locking is a wise thing to have the moment you drive the car out of the showroom. Autocop is real good - go in for their standard/high end models which come with ignition cutoff and touch sensors as standard. Retails at around 3.5k. Set the touch sensor to its highest most sensitive setting the moment you get the system installed.
Old 31st March 2007, 16:13   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
A remote locking is a wise thing to have the moment you drive the car out of the showroom. Autocop is real good - go in for their standard/high end models which come with ignition cutoff and touch sensors as standard. Retails at around 3.5k. Set the touch sensor to its highest most sensitive setting the moment you get the system installed.
Thanks Mag.. Will get one installed immediately.

Godfather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks