Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 00:10   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPlayer View Post
OK Here is my case - not sure how to handle it.
My neighbours have cats as their pets. These cats are in our compound at nights.
My bike's tank (Pulsar) has been scratched by cats too! .Thankfully, not the seat(yet), but I do see their paw marks sometimes. They also prefer to sit inside inaccessible recesses of the cars in our parking lot, especially in the winter.
My dad has spent many a morning trying to coax a frightened animal out of the rear or the front end of the Indigo. Contrary to what I used to believe earlier, the cats here dont always scamper as soon as the vehicle is started.
Old 2nd April 2007, 00:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the sadistic morons on the prowl to scratch others cars will ever learn.
Caught hold of a couple of school kids(read 10th standard) a few months back who were using blades and ripping the covers of cars while walking past them.
They were caught for the 2nd time by another car owner who belted the sh*t of them and called the cops over.
These kids weren't spared this time around when the owner pointed and said that they were caught sometime back and let go with a warning.
The cops have asked the kids parents to pay up for damages. Dont know if this would actually materialize.
My baleno has a deep gash on the left rear door caused by a school kid .
The worst I have seen is my friends car, birds bring over food and feast on the roof of the car.
End result evident scratches on the roof.

Some folks get all the kicks by vandalizing others property.
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:10   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPlayer View Post
My neighbours have cats as their pets. These cats are in our compound at nights. They sit on my bike and my wife's bike. They have badly damaged the seats of both the bikes with their nails. I beleive cats have the habit of scratching the surface with their paws. They have damaged the roof of my Fiesta. Scratches on top of the car.
I think the best advice for you is - Get a Dog, a big, ferocious breed like a Doberman or a Great Dane & then see the cats disappear!! Of course, you'll also have to teach the dogs not to scratch the cars but that's not too hard!
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:31   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I think the best advice for you is - Get a Dog, a big, ferocious breed like a Doberman or a Great Dane & then see the cats disappear!! Of course, you'll also have to teach the dogs not to scratch the cars but that's not too hard!
best piece of advice. You could also unleash them against the sh**heads who decide to scratch your car. Then we'll see who does all the scratching..
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:42   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well, did you park in front of their gate, or the other way round?
They had parked in front of my gate and had gone to a pub nearby. Spent 45 min trying to find then to move their car so that i could enter my building.
Old 2nd April 2007, 02:10   #201
Senior - BHPian

I rememeber reading in the papers about a gang of kids in the 10th or somthing who used to spray paint the name of their gangs on cars around Juhu and Lokhandwala. They used to have cars of their own and roam around at night spray the name of their gang on the car and drive off. They were finally caught when some minister's Santro was vandalised. There are a couple of gangs like this and the kids pay for the paint from their pocket money.
Old 2nd April 2007, 03:00   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
They had parked in front of my gate and had gone to a pub nearby. Spent 45 min trying to find then to move their car so that i could enter my building.
My sympathies, brother.
Old 2nd April 2007, 09:22   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
... Done anyone publish books about how to get rid of delinquent children permanently? I miss pandher
are you such uncivilized person? and you are sounding like supporting whatever the Noida killers were doing? this is after all just a car...there ppl cry day and night without their lovable kids...

doesn't sound funny to me a, a responsible father...sounds stupid...stop doing the same whoever you are. the whole country wants those guys to be hanged...and here...

pls moderators...remove the notes related to those Noida killings.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:22   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
are you such uncivilized person? and you are sounding like supporting whatever the Noida killers were doing? this is after all just a car...there ppl cry day and night without their lovable kids...

doesn't sound funny to me a, a responsible father...sounds stupid...stop doing the same whoever you are. the whole country wants those guys to be hanged...and here...

pls moderators...remove the notes related to those Noida killings.

Huh...what you have said here is not even closely remotely related to the topic of discussion..
I suggest you go through the topic under discussion here before you jump to conclusions and start firing your comments on other people ..

Godfather

Last edited by Godfather : 2nd April 2007 at 10:23.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:40   #205
Team-BHP Support

Wednesday 28/March 2007, bonnet repainted, lots of other scratches and dents removed. Car looks as good as new. Got this done from the best guy in Ludhiana.
Come back to delhi.
April fools day. The damn fool has again made scratches on the bonnet with a key or something. Lucky this time its by a key, not a blade, so rubbing compound should take care.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:44   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
April fools day. The damn fool has again made scratches on the bonnet with a key or something. Lucky this time its by a key, not a blade, so rubbing compound should take care.

Man thats sad.. How deep are the scratches... If they are deep then you have problems... Rubbing compound will not help.

Godfather
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:44   #207
Team-BHP Support

@tsk : Get a dog... to take care of the other dog. End of story. Such repeated offendors should be taken to task.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:56   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Man thats sad.. How deep are the scratches... If they are deep then you have problems... Rubbing compound will not help.

Godfather
Luckily there is a layer of lacquer on the bonnet, that saved it, so rubbing compound will help. Plan to get a car cover now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@tsk : Get a dog... to take care of the other dog. End of story. Such repeated offendors should be taken to task.
Sadly no proof, so can't do much, but I have let him know indirectly that I know, and he is scared now. Tit for tat is going to follow. Some other cars were also scratched, so apartment security will keep a better vigil now.
Most people are fed up with kids in our block. They deface walls, lock up people inside their houses, stick chewing gum here and there etc., etc., wrote expletives in the lifts...
Let see what happens now.
On a side note, I have noticed that many people try to scratch with key or something whenever they see a shiny car.
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:58   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The damn fool has again made scratches on the bonnet with a key or something.
Doesnt the building watchman ensure that the kids are not up to some prank on the parking lot?
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:06   #210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Plan to get a car cover now.
Car cover is a good idea... although almost nothing will stop a determined striker (??). I use one on my car to keep a pesky lill kid from playing with his mini trucks n toys over the car. The lady attending to him also understands no language other than Kannada, which i dont. Also, i am not sure. Thankfully, no major scratches though.

Quote:
On a side note, I have noticed that many people try to scratch with key or something whenever they see a shiny car.
Very true. If not scratch, they wanna rest their limbs all over the car. I was waiting to pick wifey outside the Infosys campus when 3 morons came and were literally lying on the car which i so painstakingly washed that evening. Used the panic button on Autocop to scare the wits out of them, and make the guards take notice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks