Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 22:02   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr21 View Post
Some $#$@#$ forcefully removed and stole the Mercedes logo on my new C class (attached at the back). This @#@#@# had also caused some deep scratches near the logo.

All this happened when I had parked in garuda mall, bangalore.

Even though it cost me 400 bucks to replace the logo, I hope he dies of cancer and rots in hell

You should have taken this up with the security of the mall. Can understand your pain!

But just 400 for the logo - guess the smart alec who took it did not know this!
Old 14th April 2008, 22:29   #272
Senior - BHPian

I have this wierd vandalising problem.There are dogs in our building which sleep on top of the car/on the bonnet.They leave scraches on the hood as well as the top.My 800 is already scrached in both the areas.
My white swift is comin in sometime and i seriously dont want dogs to vandalise a brand new swift.
Can motion sensors be placed inside the bonnet in such a way that as soon as the dog starts to climb on top it starts hooting
Also i want a motion sensor on top.I can be placed inside the car in such a way that if the bonnet sensor fails to detect the dog the top one would detect it and start hooting.
Help guys this is really a serious problem,I feel like strangulating a dogs everyday.
Old 14th April 2008, 22:36   #273
BHPian

@jk, happywheels

I complained to even senior security management at the mall, but they said that vehicles are parked at their own risk! I pay almost 80 rs for parking and I get this.

Yeah, the logo (above the back number plate) is pretty cheap. Even the front bonnet logo (one that gets whacked the most) is about 1200 Rs.

If I can't park even in a good location mall, where do I take my vehicle out??

The vandals should be beaten to death in public.

@humyum: You can use dog poison and get rid of the mutts! (i.e if your heartless )
Old 13th May 2008, 12:10   #274
Senior - BHPian

i keep my new (used) Formula Red GTX on the road during daytime (in front of my house) - i cannot bring my car to work because of parking problem - i cannot park it in the garage since the facility is only for night parking. phew! enough said -

some stupid bloke leaned and sat on the front LHS fender and that resulted in a deep dent on the fender - you cannot see it right away but if you see from an angel the dent looks really BAD. previously some one plucked the 16V sticker from the LHS fender. i am feeling miserable. dont know whom to blame - i am feeling bad because i was not at fault.

i dont have a pic to show - i tried to push it back from under the wheel arch but its blocked and i cant access the spot from the engine bay. can you guys help?

the previous owner installed the very basic Autocop kit - which locks/unlocks just the four doors - can the boot & bonnet be connected with motion sensors / make it hoot with slightest vibrations?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 13th May 2008 at 12:28.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:55   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the previous owner installed the very basic Autocop kit - which locks/unlocks just the four doors - can the boot & bonnet be connected with motion sensors / make it hoot with slightest vibrations?
Check with Autocop.But, I think they would try to sell you the advanced version with the shock/vibration sensor. They have a setting to increase/decrease sensitivity. Play with it to come to the right setting.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:29   #276
BHPian

Election Special

LOCATON:
  • My office building is in between two polling booths. The one on the side street is anout 150 feet away, while the one on the main road is about 100 mts to the left of our parking lot.
TIME:
  • On 10th May, Election day here in a Bangy, I had to meet some clients at the office. I decided to go in the late afternoon so that I avoid all the crowd (How very wrong I was)
DAMAGES:
  • The P in the PALIO is no more. Now my car is ALIO
  • Stile is no more
  • Some Romeo has proclaimed his love towards his GF on the bonnet with a key.
  • My heart is still bleeding. I couldn't get myself to take any pictures on this moronic act.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:33   #277
Senior - BHPian

shucks ,really sorry to bear about this eclectix. These guys should be caught and thrashed. I made it a point not to venture out on election day fearing things like this.

Really sad bro.

One of my friends car (ikon)has drawings on all 4 doors, bonnet and the boot . Poor guy is so upset he just doesnt want to get if fixed.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:39   #278
Senior - BHPian

too bad eclictix - :( i dont know what pleasure do these guys seek by vandalising on Palios - some one plucked the 16v sticker from the LHS fender two days after i got the car.

i have a message (i hope you guys understand hindi) for the one who made a dent on my car by leaning /sitting on the LHS fender.

these guys are mentally sick / jealous / should be hurt mercilessly in the right place (remember Baby's Day Out).

wifey says get it fixed and forget about it. but what happens after that? another dent / scratch? :(

Last edited by planet_rocker : 13th May 2008 at 13:44.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:52   #279
Senior - BHPian

Friends, Last weekend over saturday night, at 2.30am a bunch of young guys from the neighboring police camp near my house walked into the compound, the watchmen were already off to sleep, and broke the bonnet stars of all the mercedes cars[6] in the compound and walked away!!
Do youll understand this? Vandalism?? its existant all over, ive seen it also in London!!
Old 13th May 2008, 16:35   #280
BHPian

Truly Disgraceful, there are people who'll never learn no matter how much you educate them. My friend had an acura RSX a couple of years back in the US, and we all had garaged parking. The parking lot also had a secure system installed (alas, it didn't have video surveillance). One morning he found out that 'someone' had broken into his car and stolen the music system - The front door was also damaged as was the driver's side window and there were scratches all over his car. A few other incidents happened within a span of 3 -4 months and we realised the 'someone' was targetting Indians only
Old 13th May 2008, 20:25   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
too bad eclictix - :( i dont know what pleasure do these guys seek by vandalising on Palios - some one plucked the 16v sticker from the LHS fender two days after i got the car.

i have a message (i hope you guys understand hindi) for the one who made a dent on my car by leaning /sitting on the LHS fender.

these guys are mentally sick / jealous / should be hurt mercilessly in the right place (remember Baby's Day Out).

wifey says get it fixed and forget about it. but what happens after that? another dent / scratch? :(

These things happen more in our country, where the economic divide is so wide. It happenned to my car, visiting my cousins marriage. Car came back with scratches. Later I recall some kids playing around it. I had a discussion with a pan shop owner in the vicinity to talk talk to the kids. Later whenever I take the car there, I tell the pan shop owner to keep a watch, and give him some money for keeping it safe. Thats something that always works, always ask someone to have a vigil on your car (although my friends make fun of me everytime I do that), if parking in an unknown locality. Autocop (I have in my car) etc, plane jane useless, once the job is done.

Last edited by 1100D : 13th May 2008 at 20:27.
Old 14th May 2008, 00:09   #282
Senior - BHPian

The other day during the elections, i saw a poor Innova with scratched drawings all over at the Grand Hotel in Bangalore. when i say all over, the moron didnt leave a single body panel without scratch writings.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:00   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I tell the pan shop owner to keep a watch, and give him some money for keeping it safe. Thats something that always works, always ask someone to have a vigil on your car, if parking in an unknown locality. Autocop (I have in my car) etc, plane jane useless, once the job is done.
very true Da! but it doesnt always help - i pay the cleaner an extra 100 bucks a month to keep an eye on the car - he cleans the car before he is off with his job (he cleans around 10 cars in our para - all parked at the same place) - but once he is done - there is no one to keep an eye on the car.

this is one of the reason why i hired that garage for the black fiat and i am paying a premium price (well almost) for it.

i spoke to the kolkata gang - the best suggestion was fix it and forget about it - but for how long?
Old 14th May 2008, 12:04   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
the best suggestion was fix it and forget about it - but for how long?
Till the next dent appears??
Old 31st May 2008, 10:04   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Do you guys come across such idiots in your respective cities as well?

Well yes. If you remember the old 800 ( fromt period 1990 ) had a place in bumber to stick some strip that is reflective. We did that in our 800 with 800Rs in 1992. We parked inside the compound of my uncle's building ( i.e. towers of flats / appartments ), and they were stolen.

In case of my two wheeler, someone used again some key or metallic object to tear the seat.

It is a common phenomenon all over our great country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks