Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 16:37   #376

Heights of Vandalism: Really Disappointed!!!!!!

... That is precisely what i've been doing since few weeks now. For you all guys who must be guessing the reason behind it, well it is purely because of certain acts in our saddi dilli that just left me really disgusting.

Not once but thrice has my dear lancer been a target. First was an incidence of someone scratching and ruining the paint of my car right behind the back door and then one fine day someone carried off and stole the roof beading while it was parked at a marriage function that i had to attend, that meant couple of thousand rupees down the drain (added shagan i guess). But that is not the end, i think i had to bear the brunt again as someone broke and carried off with the left side mirror assembly.

I have been feeling really disheartened on these incidences. Seriously feel that i could beat the hell out of people who do not have respect for things that others get through their hard earned money and moreover cherish like their babies.

Don't you think guys that this has started happening a lot in Delhi. How do you deal with this crap? To be honest, i have been left really hurt by the plight of my car after these incidences.
Old 18th July 2008, 18:44   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
I had put some sugar and a banana in petrol tank of our neighbor's Luna, only to teach him a lesson.
I have heard that adding sugar or salt in the petrol tank can seize the engine and cause permanent damage. But what's with the banana?

Looks like you liked the bike and hence treated it to a nice banana split.
Old 18th July 2008, 18:49   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have heard that adding sugar or salt in the petrol tank can seize the engine and cause permanent damage. But what's with the banana?

OT: Aditya, I think the banana was to clear off the exhaust problems

Ok sorry for vandalising the thread lets get back to business
Old 18th July 2008, 18:58   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
OT: Aditya, I think the banana was to clear off the exhaust problems
ROFL. That was hilarious. Imagine a luna-tic with a luna with a free flow exhaust.
Old 18th July 2008, 19:19   #380
BHPian

rjstyles69
No offense but what you did there was Vigilante justice, back home you could also faces charges for what you did.

It doesnt matter whether you have some big shots with you or not. You shouldn't have done what you did. Thats imho no offense

The right thing to do would have been to hold the 2 guys and call the cops and waited for the owner of the car and make these 2 loosers pay for what they did. (repair cost) and the owner of the car could press charges if they wished to do so.

Maybe this is why in India people get beaten up rather than be taken to a hospital when an accident happens :P
The people doing the beating would be thinking they are doing the right thing?
Old 18th July 2008, 19:54   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
No offense but what you did there was Vigilante justice, back home you could also faces charges for what you did.
In what ways if I may ask and I have already replied I am ready to face it. If you dint know since the incident the el-cheapo boys who hang out in my area have stopped frequenting the place.

Quote:
It doesnt matter whether you have some big shots with you or not. You shouldn't have done what you did. Thats imho no offense
To each his own, so lets leave that there coz its your opinion. Not my piece of cake to keep silent and not act .

Quote:
The right thing to do would have been to hold the 2 guys and call the cops and waited for the owner of the car and make these 2 loosers pay for what they did. (repair cost) and the owner of the car could press charges if they wished to do so.
Been there done that and was never benefited by getting the cops.Not once were we paid when our cars were vandalized.
If you have had an experience wherein the vandals paid up for the damage caused, please do post here. Would be real nice to know that we have vandals who pay after vandalizing .

Quote:
Maybe this is why in India people get beaten up rather than be taken to a hospital when an accident happens :P
The people doing the beating would be thinking they are doing the right thing?
Once again I replied to kuttapan's post earlier, this was no accident more so an act of vandalism. So lets not mix these 2 .Peace !!!
Old 20th July 2008, 06:52   #382
Senior - BHPian

Do any of those who vandalize have a car, or a piece of metal with a paint that is worthy the written word? I don't know what to say, but i'd drive my decade old KH if I know am going to be in rough neighborhood...
Old 20th July 2008, 06:54   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles

You never really learn to SWEAR until you learn to DRIVE.

Can't agree more!!! The way I swear has "improved" by miles and bounds (check with my lady-friends and the wives of the guys)!!
Old 20th July 2008, 10:20   #384
BHPian

Do you get insurance reimbursements for these type of scratches? I'm curious because I got one on my bonnet too.

Old 28th July 2008, 11:14   #385
BHPian

I had been to Tumkur yesterday with family to visit a relative. I had been waiting to go on a long drive ever since i purchased my new Toyota Innova. We reached Tumkur at around 12 noon and parked the vehicle outside their house. When we left them in the evening, I notice with shock that someone has scratched my vehicle (driver's side) from the back to the front. Two lines running thru and thru. Looks like someone took his frustration / jealousy on my vehicle. But...why me?? Could not find an answer.

Any suggestions from T-BHP members on how to remove this?
Old 28th July 2008, 11:56   #386
Senior - BHPian

i have changed the regn. plate light cluster 5 times and "they" still enjoy doing this:

Car Vandalism!-dsc015281_small.jpg
Old 28th July 2008, 12:25   #387
Team-BHP Support

Some idiot has broken my bikes brake pedal.
I can only wonder if he stood on it and jumped up and down.

The rains meant there was no security guard around.

I dont know if this vandalism or just sheer stupidity.
Old 10th August 2008, 10:01   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

lolz. No.
Actually all this when i was just a kid 10 yrs old. I would have stuffed down anyything that came into my hands. Sadly it was a bad day for the banana

Some sugar was also added to ensure sweetness in revenge
Old 11th September 2008, 15:13   #389
BHPian

There is a KV near my home.. and how much and try to remove or stop the scratches.. those kids leave scratches from pen/pencil on my car!! The guards know it whole neighborhood knows it but still they cant help with those mischievous kids

Cant even do this to kids !!
Old 11th September 2008, 20:43   #390
BHPian

Some one has scribbled the word "NAME" on the RHS front door of my Nighthawk Black OHC vtec plus scratched the entire hood plus some parts of the LHS Door.

Strangely not even spared the roof of my car, a whole chunk is out and I can see the gray/silver body!!

Just cuz I have a out of state regn!!

Dunno what to do !

Shrey

Most Viewed