Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 18:23   #406
Senior - BHPian

Just by reading these posts my blood boils, can understand what you guys are going through. BTW one of my colleague's bike's seat was torn apart with a blade or some other sharp object in my office parking lot in Bangalore. His bike has a TN registration.
Old 17th July 2009, 01:05   #407
BHPian

saw this ford ikon in service centre, scratch were all over the car,all side,poor guy
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-dsc02982-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 17th July 2009, 11:28   #408
Senior - BHPian

was this an hr registered car by any chance? A close friend of mine had all doors bonnet and boot scratched in a similar way .
Old 17th July 2009, 12:10   #409
BHPian

My i10 got scratched too... seems like somebody deliberately scratched it with some point object, as there is long wavy line on right side of the car running from the tail light to the front driver door.

This is the first scratch on my car, and it hurts! :(

Any ideas, how can I get them removed? Will be going to Hyundai workshop help?

Last edited by woof : 17th July 2009 at 12:29.
Old 17th July 2009, 12:23   #410
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Any ideas, how can I get them removed? Will going to Hyundai workshop help?
I totally feel for you. These vandals need to be caught and thrashed silly!

If the scratch is not deep (as gone beneath the layer of paint to the primer), you can try a good rubbing polish to get rid of the scratch and follow that up with a good coating of wax polish. Would recommend you do this as a DIY at home rather than going to a H.A.S.S.
Old 17th July 2009, 12:30   #411
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj_mathur2000 View Post
Has anyone tried com-paint on this color? I’ve already got mine, but I am too scared to try it on. Although did try it on a piece of metal and the color looks pretty close.
Using Com Paint is a very tricky affair. You have to keep the can at a very specific distance to get the right shade match especially if its a metallic color.

You will get a dark shade as the metallic shimmers will be buried under the paint layer if the can is held too close and an uneven color if the can is held too far. Its best used to hidden areas like under the bonnet, lower parts of the running board where the difference (if sprayed) is not very visible.

Hope this helps

gpa

Last edited by gpa : 17th July 2009 at 12:31.
Old 17th July 2009, 12:31   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I totally feel for you. These vandals need to be caught and thrashed silly!

If the scratch is not deep (as gone beneath the layer of paint to the primer), you can try a good rubbing polish to get rid of the scratch and follow that up with a good coating of wax polish. Would recommend you do this as a DIY at home rather than going to a H.A.S.S.
The scratches are not that deep, but are clearly visible from distance.

So, which rubbing polish/wax polish to go far? Any particular brand? And, how much do they cost?
Old 17th July 2009, 12:42   #413
BANNED

Com Paint however careful you might be in a years time or so the difference is clearly visible.
Old 17th July 2009, 14:01   #414
Senior - BHPian

I think we all should install this car security system in our cars!! - Vijay Electronic & Services

Yes! Its got electric shock protection!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As far as my experience goes,
First of all, let me tell u that I've got quite a few guns in my collection!

Airsoft BB guns of course(sniper to be precise)! :P

So, one day I was sitting in the room watching telly when I noticed some ppl looking through the windows of my M800 and doing something on the car doors.

I got up instantly, got my bb gun and fired a shot at each ones head(Note- It hurts quite a bit if fired from 15-20metres as the bb bullet travels @ 450feet per second)

Each of them began to rub their heads and I could see a distressed look on their faces as they frantically began to look around as if searching from where the bullet came from(as airsoft bb guns make 0 noise)

As I readied my 2nd round of shots, the guys ran away!!

I was so proud of myself regarding the fact that I was able to protect my car from vandalism!
Old 17th July 2009, 15:48   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
was this an hr registered car by any chance? A close friend of mine had all doors bonnet and boot scratched in a similar way .
No it's a TN registered, saw it in ford service in chennai,infact if you look close the scratches has started to rust.
Old 12th October 2009, 00:47   #416
BHPian

somebody wrote in abusive language on the windshield of my alto. Its a scratch that is not visible all the time. I can see that when water condenses on the glass when its raining. I hate it so much. Don't know what to do with that.
Old 12th October 2009, 04:52   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I've been told by my friendly neighbourhood MRF AutoCoat agency that a couple of 'clear' coats will help matters...

Wonder if this REALLY helps?
I have clearcoat on my Opel. It helps incase of minor natural scratches. But most of the damaging deep scratches were done by kids using a stone.
I had caught one red handed once and gave a slap. Fortunately the onlookers did not object as the boy was holding a stone in his hand.
Old 12th October 2009, 08:08   #418
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday some kid was writing with blue chalk on my zen's rear fender. The autocop started making noises intermittently and I had to step out and see what was going on. I just called out to that child and he instantly knew he was doing something wrong. He left the scene. I inspected the damage and concluded that it could be removed with a wet cloth. There is no solution to this menace. If you create a scene you become the villian. Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst and move on.
Old 12th October 2009, 08:37   #419
Senior - BHPian

Nothing new. Our Baleno has now marks near the rear door made by some kids in parking lot of Mega More in Vadodara. Now the definition of kids is a little different. Their age is in the range 10-12. Speak something and response is " You live for your car ? ", " You are very poor at heart ".

Next is in our society. My bike's RVM were messed up and rear wheel had very little pressure. A society kid entered into our compound, messed up with my bike and left. They are again kids. What I really wonder is the brought up of those kids and the humans that mess up with other's cars.
Old 12th October 2009, 08:53   #420
Senior - BHPian

Similar incident happen to my new M800 years back. But it wasn't kids, but the slum people near our apartment.

I caught the guy red handed, but there was no gain. He was drunk and walking along side four cars parked parallel and he was waling with a key as the key's sharp edge pushed on the sides of car. He was creating a strong scratch and keep moving one after one, myself and another car driver caught him and in fact the other drive beaten him up, but that guy was drunken.

The word we heard from this guy is that "I don't even have a cycle but you people..."

Some anti-social elements do this for no reason, or they envy you for what soever reason.

Places to be avoided for parking cars:

1. Near to liquor shops (low profile)
2. Fishermen(seaside) settlement
3. Slum of any sort
4. Apartments with lots of mischievous kids (impractical to avoid)
5. School areas
6. Heavily congested markets
7. Parking lot next to two wheeler parking
8. Under or close to HT power transformers (as it drains battery)
9. prolonged parking near seaside needs to be avoided as your metal surface get corroded
10. Left lanes of fully occupied roads (I have seen many times car drivers park their car on the left lane of a (non-)wider road even if the road is flooded with traffic)
11. Lanes of small town as the kids in those areas equally dangerous for cars. Some times we will really have embarrassing time seeing poor people asking kids to sit on a car of their relation who are visiting them. If we leave them alone in the car I'm sure some way of other they mark their territory.

When we talk about damages to the cars due to innocent kids, please be aware Deepavali is nearing and most dangerous festivals for cars. I have seen numerous times kids bursting crackers on any place of car as they get a place to hold their fire crackers.

I remember during my 9th class, a neighbor of mine burnt a electric stone fire cracker on top of a Maruti 1000 model boot and it eaten up the entire surface and fell inside the boot, luckily the car owner instantly watched and rushed and rescued the car being further damaged and managed to get the firework ceased. If even 10sec delay, I'm sure that fire stone would have pierced into the petrol tank and created a larger explosion.

Keep yourself and your car safe during Deepavali festival.

Last edited by trammway : 12th October 2009 at 08:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks