Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 19:12   #466
BHPian

May be you can get yourself in the habit of covering your car with the cover every single day. It might look like an hassle but believe any miscreant will be lazy enough to remove the cover and scratch it. Unless he really owns some grudges against you.
Old 18th February 2010, 20:06   #467
BHPian

@ Car-e-ok : Yeah, that's a good idea. Yes it is a hassle, but desperate times call for desperate measures. A true car-lover would spare a few minutes covering his beloved car rather looking at it having scratches, innit?
Old 18th February 2010, 21:32   #468
Senior - BHPian

Call this funny, or stupid.I've always had half a mind to get off the car and walk upto a person who would have just scratched my car.First, ask him if he was blind or plain dumb to have make the mistake.If there was no apology given, I would be so tempted to punch the guy in the face, or use a pocket knife and scratch his hand/bike with it.Well, its the same thing, right? Hammurabi's code of law at its best!!
Atleast I'd walk away with the feeling that what goes around comes around, and I gave the person what he gave my car.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:15   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Call this funny, or stupid.I've always had half a mind to get off the car and walk upto a person who would have just scratched my car.First, ask him if he was blind or plain dumb to have make the mistake.If there was no apology given, I would be so tempted to punch the guy in the face, or use a pocket knife and scratch his hand/bike with it.Well, its the same thing, right? Hammurabi's code of law at its best!!
Atleast I'd walk away with the feeling that what goes around comes around, and I gave the person what he gave my car.
How I wish we could all do it. Of course a innocent toddler doing it can't be considered.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:19   #470
Senior - BHPian

Time to set up a sting operation. CCTV setups are quite cheap now.
Old 18th February 2010, 23:14   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
How I wish we could all do it. Of course a innocent toddler doing it can't be considered.
Absolutely.I would intend the damage being done to teen/adults only. Kiddos could get a mild spanking, at the most. Most effective way,IMO!
Old 19th February 2010, 01:35   #472
BHPian

It happened 3 years back. My friend had taken delivery of his new Ford Fiesta Black, drove straight to office to show his proud possession.

The car was parked at the office basement, came up to call us. We went down to see the car in just 10 mins time.

We were shocked to see the bonnet scribbled. On a closer look we found 5 cross being drawn. My friend was crestfallen. Poor guy. I felt so so sad for him.

Btw, the office complex is one of the major landmark in Guindy with cc cameras and security guards. Nothing could prevent the physo from doing his heinous act.
Old 19th February 2010, 03:09   #473
BHPian

How i hate the people that do this...right from the bottom of my heart. In fact, from even deeper.
The hood of my black coloured car is adorned with artworks of various people. First someone outright scribbled on it with most probably a stone. Since then, have straight lines on it. Have to repaint the entire hood. Will put up pics by tomorrow.
Old 19th February 2010, 03:26   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
As a thumb rule, I sometimes make my car dirty when taking to busy places so that it does not attract much attention
cant belive what we are coming to.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:37   #475
Senior - BHPian

Vandalism persists everywhere , most of the time it's some kid with a nasty object who probably scratches the paint just for the heck of it.Sometimes it's the retard who decides that your car is the best place to throw away the "chewed" gum. Our old fiat which was green in color had such a gum of the same color stuck to it once by some loser.Our '97 800 which was just 6 months old was parked on the road once as some construction work was going inside the society compound.Some freak left scratch marks on the bonnet which persist even today.Thankfully they were not deep enough and didn't cause any rusting.There was also a time when someone threw a wooden stick at a nearby tree for its fruits which landed on my 800's windshield and shattered the glass.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:41   #476
BHPian

my new Bullet classic 500 was deliberately scratched on that tank by someone in my office compound.

I can't shout at anyone. I have to get the whole tank painted now. I am worried that rust will accumulate if I don't repaint it.

Idiots wasting time and money of some unknown fellow for a few seconds of pleasure
Old 7th April 2010, 15:58   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
It happened 3 years back. My friend had taken delivery of his new Ford Fiesta Black, drove straight to office to show his proud possession.

The car was parked at the office basement, came up to call us. We went down to see the car in just 10 mins time.

We were shocked to see the bonnet scribbled. On a closer look we found 5 cross being drawn. My friend was crestfallen. Poor guy. I felt so so sad for him.

Btw, the office complex is one of the major landmark in Guindy with cc cameras and security guards. Nothing could prevent the physo from doing his heinous act.
Holy cow, was this at Olympia at Guindy? I work there though my parking is supposedly in the 'premium stilt' area and not the basement. There are guards at both ends of the parking lot and I have never heard of anyone's car being vandalized here. I am worried now though.
Old 17th April 2010, 19:30   #478
BHPian

A moron decided to have an art day in my car at a hospital parking.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-17042010336.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-17042010337.jpg  

Old 17th April 2010, 20:28   #479
Senior - BHPian

Mission Safari, it looks like scratches that'll disappear after a good polish. Nonetheless, its pretty sad that we have morons like this around.
Old 18th April 2010, 08:24   #480
Senior - BHPian

ms get a good brand of rubbing compound and it will do the job. Use the rubbing compound and then a good round of wax/polish will get rid of those scratches. From the looks of it , the paint on the surface doesn't seem to be cut thru.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 18th April 2010 at 08:27.

Most Viewed