Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 10:06   #556
Team-BHP Support

re: Car Vandalism!

^
Sorry about this.
Get a nice decal(stickers). Would be cheaper than repainting.
Old 15th March 2012, 11:03   #557
Senior - BHPian

Some moron wrote the F word on my car's bonnet.

Font size is 6 inches. Not posting the photo since the word written is offensive.

I am suspecting the teenagers in my building, but can't pinpoint anyone.

I have managed to reduce the visibility of the scratch by using rubbing compound.

I have no intention of getting it repainted. I drive around with the F word scribbled on my car's bonnet.

Rohan
Old 15th March 2012, 13:44   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I think, I need to repaint both the doors. Got confused now, whether to claim insurance and go ahead with repainting both the doors or just live with that?
With that colour and 4.5 years gone by I'd be highly skeptic of the colour match. If you can live with it, please do. Just get it rubbed good from somewhere or DIY but avoid a repaint if you can. Who knows if that trigger happy moron strikes back.
Old 15th March 2012, 13:55   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari View Post
As a Rule , dont ever forget - nevr ever park your car near a School . The kids while playing or deliberately scratch the car .

I feel sorry for you -
+1 to that. My house is right opposite to a private school. My car bears marks of the atrocities by kids returning home.
Such is the level of social awareness imparted by us to our kids!!!
Old 24th April 2012, 18:48   #560
Senior - BHPian

My car was peacefully parked, but in the dark. Later I noticed that someone needed the star. Lots of force was tried, only the center star came off, leaving the ring. Unfortunately the moron put a dent in the bonnet. I will leave this till the ring also gets stolen, happened to me before exactly like this. First the star, then ring.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-merc-1.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-merc2.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-merc3.jpg  

Old 1st August 2012, 11:59   #561
BHPian

Someone deliberately scratched up two of my doors on my new wagonR

Hi all, some may remember when my car was backed up into when it was just 15 days old, that thread was deleted without warning; i had just accepted the scratches afterward as they were just on the bumper and went on with life.

Now i looked at my car this morning to discover that someone has deliberately scratched up my car on the driver side and right rear door. i don't know why somebody's after my car, its been one bad experience like this and another.

The pictures are attached, please have a look and advise how these scratches can be fixed.

Please help. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-imag0710.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-imag0711.jpg  

Old 1st August 2012, 12:37   #562
Senior - BHPian

^^^From the 1st snap, the scratches look deeper than the ones in the 2nd snap which look faint. The 2nd snap scratches could be taken care of with some waxing/rubbing/polishing. The scratches in the 1st snap would be tougher.

Where do you park your car ? Inside your home/apartment complex or on the road ? If inside, do you have issues with any one about parking space or other stuff ?
Old 1st August 2012, 14:54   #563
BHPian

This happened during my college days. I had parked my motorbike in M.S Ramaiah campus and had locked the helmet with it. A nincompoop, wonder what I had done to him, spit pan in my brand new GPV helmet. As the helmet was all ruined, I had to leave my bike at my Granny's place in RMV and take the bus back home. I had to get the helmet padding redone and it costed me Rs. 450/-.

Gosh, who are these people and why are they let loose in public.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 1st August 2012 at 14:55.
Old 1st August 2012, 14:59   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^From the 1st snap, the scratches look deeper than the ones in the 2nd snap which look faint. The 2nd snap scratches could be taken care of with some waxing/rubbing/polishing. The scratches in the 1st snap would be tougher.

Where do you park your car ? Inside your home/apartment complex or on the road ? If inside, do you have issues with any one about parking space or other stuff ?
Thanks for the quick response, actually its the angle with which i took the snap that the second one on the rear door is looking fainter, its just as deep to the touch. :(

Its an apartment building but without dedicated parking spaces for the individual flats. There definitely is a problem of parking space here with people sometimes parking behind vehicles leaving the other vehicle stranded which was the reason why i used to park away from my flat beside a boundary wall. That was until they decided to rebuild it leaving my car standing exposed to the outside elements one evening when without warning they broke off the entire boundary wall, but nothing fell on the car which was a relief.
I don't have any public issues with anyone here. I had arrived quite late last night and this was definitely done very sadistically late at night.

My second car, an old m800, it seems was also subject to this vandalism since i had found my windshield broken in a circular fashion with a central impact scar. I had previously dismissed it as being some ball or heavy object landing on it but now thinking otherwise.

I am however planning to shift to a better locality soon, but i don't know where to park it till then.

A question: how long does it take for doors to be repainted? I am planning to get it fixed at Magic auto Mayapuri, but i am not so thrilled with their management and their competence due to a previous experience regarding a partially non functional electric mirror (in short, instead of first checking the faulty control joystick, they had the mirror replaced which included opening up the door padding and slight hammering to get the screws out ).

Last edited by eternalck : 1st August 2012 at 15:01.
Old 1st August 2012, 19:22   #565
BHPian

Another question, will all the door electronics, padding, etc, will have to be removed for the door to be painted from the outside?
@mods unable to edit my last post in order to add this doubt.
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:04   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck View Post
Thanks for the quick response, actually its the angle with which i took the snap that the second one on the rear door is looking fainter, its just as deep to the touch. :(

My second car, an old m800, it seems was also subject to this vandalism since i had found my windshield broken in a circular fashion with a central impact scar. I had previously dismissed it as being some ball or heavy object landing on it but now thinking otherwise.
Very sad to hear this. There might be a way to catch the culprit/s. If you speak nicely to the watchmen, car washers, servants etc, someone would definitely give you a clue as to who might have done it. If you do manage to find the culprit the best action is to directly threaten him/her with equal action and wide spread publicity. This should quiten them for a while. If everything fails an equal reaction on their rides should make them feel the pain of vandalism.
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:22   #567
BHPian

Okay having experienced this myself I would suggest a few things you should do. You can repaint the doors but that idiot might be tempted to do more damage. In Delhi terms he's trying to teach you a lesson because you're invading his supposed space.
Find out who used to park there earlier, change your parking for a couple of days. If the next vehicle is not damaged, you know who the culprit is.

I would suggest KJ Anthony Automobiles in Kailash Colony. One user S.I.N.G.H has before and after pictures of his Civic and they did a good job with my Chevy Beat too. I had run into a stone pillar while reversing. They fixed it and painted it well. S.I.N.G.H created a thread on denting painting with KJ mentioned. Search for it.

You can speak to these well spoken Gentlemen Mr Christopher or Augustene 09810223817/9810008422 or visit them at 7-8 Ajit Arcade Behind Universal Tyres, Near LSR, Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Kailash Colony.

You can give my reference and please tell them you're a BHPian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck

A question: how long does it take for doors to be repainted? I am planning to get it fixed at Magic auto Mayapuri, but i am not so thrilled with their management and their competence due to a previous experience regarding a partially non functional electric mirror (in short, instead of first checking the faulty control joystick, they had the mirror replaced which included opening up the door padding and slight hammering to get the screws out ).
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:30   #568
BHPian

I have found out through the guards, it was probably done by the kids of my ground floor neighbor under supervision. Even I see them out roaming every night in the v hours around the same spot along with the neighbor. They do not have their own car yet and the guy hasn't ever had a regular job and the family has had a pretty bad reputation previously with thefts in the area. I have once again found a distant parking space with the help of the society secretary.

@abhishekB86 many thanks for that post. I'll be paying them a visit soon and see what they tell me they'll have to do.

Last edited by eternalck : 3rd August 2012 at 10:33.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:37   #569
BHPian

I'm facing a curious case of Vandalism. I park my Punto outside my house near a dead end where vehicles cannot pass but people keep using it as a short cut. A few months ago, I had parked my car here and put on the Punto body cover ( my 2nd cover as the first got torn after a year or so ). The next day morning, I noticed that someone had cut it and ripped it apart ( they were probably using a knife coz there is no way they could tear off a new body cover that way ).
I cursed my luck and then bought a new body cover for around 1200 Rs after a few days. Then I kept my car covered for a few weeks as I haven't been using it too much these days. Then one day last week, it was around 5 AM in the morning. Both my wife and me were awake when we suddenly heard some noise of someone tearing off the cover by force. We live in the 3rd floor so by the time I ran out to check it, the psycho had done his job and ran away. 2 Body covers lost in the space of just one month. I'm not that well off to be buying body covers every month :( .
One thing I don't understand is why someone would go to the effort of waking up early in the morning to do the deed. I haven't had any arguments with anyone in my neighborhood and I hardly know anyone outside my building. Now I have left my car without a body cover, but that leaves it open to kids using it as a canvas for their art.
I forgot to mention that someone ( maybe the same guy ) removed the screw from the rear wiper too. I don't know why people in India can't have respect for someone else's property.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:11   #570
Senior - BHPian

I have two experiences of Vandalism.
Mumbai :
Our Zen's rear wiper, side indicator and radio antenna is missing. It occurs within a week even if we put new again and again. Not to mention numerous scratches. We park it on the road.
Goa :
Last week the Ford oval logo on the boot of my Fusion was missing. I was furious but at the time confident that I will find it. After removing the car from the parking lot when I started searching, I found it almost immediately. It was kept by someone properly on the seat of a Kinetic Honda which is parked next to my car and is not is running condition. Mind you, the society where I stay is very big and has more than 100-150 cars and I have not come across any car with the missing logo. If I witness any car with the missing logo, I presume that it has come from Mumbai and my hunch is proved right when I check the regn no. Of that car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks