Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 08:12   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sorry to see the vandal(s) at work. ComPaint is a generic and will never give you a perfect match. Modern paints not only require the perfect colour but also the undercoats should be the same. For colour match, they normally do a computer match with a panel (normally the filler lid).
ComPaint claims of colour matching. One can even select the exact colour against a manufacturer from the drop down menu that they have on the website. At least, that's what they claim on the website. Maybe I can give it a try as the value pack is INR 400. Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
But repainting at the A.S.S. would typically involve the entire panel and cost a bomb, wouldn't it?
The tailgate and the rear bumper will have to be repainted. I can ignore the ones on the rear fender. Yeah, it will cost at least 7K I guess. I haven't taken the car to MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Regarding the scratches on the swift, It seems from your pictures that they are not deep. I mean only the top clear coat seems damaged. If this is the case, you may use a generic scratch remover and use buffing/rotatory polishing from any car cleaner. Most of your scratches (almost 90-95%) should go. Cheers!!
Unfortunately, some of them are really deep. My finger nails get stuck in them, that deep. I am not able to catch it in my photos. The white mark is the primer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy69 View Post
It is really distressing to note that each and every car owner's worst nightmare is vandalism. This should be a wake-up call for car manufacturers in India to step up the surface paint technology to scratch-proof paints.
If the manufacturer can guarantee a quality repaint through the A.S.S, it will be more than sufficient. But that's not the case now.

There is another protection available now. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2863903 Though I guess a vandal will still get around it to harm a car.

One question, if I leave it as it is, is there a chance of rusting. The primer is exposed at a few places.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 08:44   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Last month, I parked our Swift for about 2 hours inside hotel Lalit Ashok. I came back home and saw that someone who clearly needs help left a lot of scratches with some blunt object on the rear bumper, the tail gate and the rear fender.

The marks on the tailgate are deep. I am wondering about com-paint touchup spray. Blazing Red is available in the website, but how will be the colour match?

I am very finicky about colour match and for good or bad, I can make out most repaints. Most authorized body shops make a mess of it except for a few VWs which I have seen. Wondering what to do.
Sucks! That looks really bad, give the compaint a try which is a 400Rs attempt. If its fails, then you always have paintshops to go to!
Old 8th August 2012, 10:14   #588
Senior - BHPian

It sucks to know the primer has been exposed. Unless bare metal is visible rusting is not an issue FYI. Looking at the scratches on your bootlid and bumper I guess it may not be a vandal. It looks more like nail marks, may be a dog. However that doesnt change anything. If I may suggest, please try the Rs400 paint matcher, then some buff polishing. It should take care of major scratches. If nothing works you may try repainting at the paintshop.
Old 8th August 2012, 11:31   #589
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
But repainting at the A.S.S. would typically involve the entire panel and cost a bomb, wouldn't it?
Strictly speaking with Metallic Paint the entire panel should be done. Honda charges Rs.4000 per panel and they reduce the charges once they know you are paying out of your own pocket.

I agree that a rub down with something like Scratch Out should take care of the bulk of the marks. Just remember after rubbing do wax the surface again.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:49   #590
BHPian

Well after the showers we had yesterday, looking closely at the scratches (posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2858189) i could see some superficial rust coming in , went to the service center this morning, checked-in the car for full two door panels repaint which according to them was the only real solution.

Total cost: 3000INR for each door, claiming insurance would have required me to file an FIR, just wanted to be done with it so went in for cash; all this hassle just because of some lowlife.
I will get it back on Sunday, hopefully, everything will look up to the mark; fingers crossed.
Old 9th August 2012, 15:09   #591
BHPian

Because of this non-sense I prefer not to venture into areas like Saket, GK, Lajpat Nagar etc unless there is a parking spot with attendants. I have seen many cars being damaged because they dared to park on the street where any one would assume is a free parking area.

If I have to go to these areas, I ensure I park in an area with attendants. I'd rather walk half a km than have my car damaged by frustrated idiots.
Old 9th August 2012, 23:55   #592
BHPian

Great that you've become cautious to such mindless acts, I had to learn it the hard way. However i have taken quite a few lessons for the future and hoping no more of this stuff happens now.
And yes I didn't opt for KJ auto because of in-the-open painting, was just too wary of anything going wrong on a brand new car. Though going by Delhi's roads its going to come in handy in future
Old 11th August 2012, 07:53   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Sucks! That looks really bad, give the compaint a try which is a 400Rs attempt. If its fails, then you always have paintshops to go to!
I am trying to access Com-Paint website for past 3 days. No able to open it. Have they got a new address? Any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
It sucks to know the primer has been exposed. Unless bare metal is visible rusting is not an issue FYI. Looking at the scratches on your bootlid and bumper I guess it may not be a vandal. It looks more like nail marks, may be a dog. However that doesnt change anything. If I may suggest, please try the Rs400 paint matcher, then some buff polishing. It should take care of major scratches. If nothing works you may try repainting at the paintshop.
Its definitely not a dog. Like I posted, it happened inside hotel Lalit Ashok. Doubt there will be stray dogs in the parking lot. Second, the marks on the tail gate is high up and runs deep. And its not all straight lines either. I am pretty sure a dog won't be able to do that.
Old 11th August 2012, 11:24   #594
BHPian

My F-I-L's Polo was vandalised a few days ago. Someone damaged two wheel caps, ripped out a fender indicator and scratched a door.

The car had only been painted a few days prior to this incident. I don't think that it was a random case of vandalism. The perpetrator seems to have spent quite some time ruining the car, not simply scratching the paint and walking away.

The incident has been reported to the Police, but we all know that this is a mere formality and no headway is expected. Will not be filing an FIR as my F-I-L does not want to claim insurance for the damages.
Old 11th August 2012, 15:19   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to access Com-Paint website for past 3 days. No able to open it. Have they got a new address? Any idea?
You should have been trying to access the wrong link. They are very much active

Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Try this link!
Old 11th August 2012, 16:25   #596
BHPian

Quote:
One question, if I leave it as it is, is there a chance of rusting. The primer is exposed at a few places.
i had overlooked your post while dealing about my own case of vandalism; i too had the primer exposed at some places in my car's scratches and indeed there was a bit of rust settling in after the showers we had some days back. this is when i couldn't exactly see the bare metal maybe because its just too small to observe. You should either touch it up soon or take it for a repaint as that seems to be the only real solution. I am yet to receive my car from the MASS so cannot comment on the quality.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:56   #597
BHPian

Got back my car today after 3 days from MASS, mayapuri. Despite the constant chaos there, the results are quite excellent. Take a peak.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-imag0721.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-imag0720.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-imag0719.jpg  

Old 1st December 2012, 16:27   #598
BHPian

Road Rage: Shameful behaviour in Bangalore

Hey Folks,

I have a shameful incident to narrate which happened yesterday 30th November) in Bangalore on Mosque road. I have a Skoda Laura Ambiente AT (March 2012 model) Colour - Silver.
I was driving away from the railway line side and was close to Coles road. For those of you who know this area, it can get quite crowded. It was around 7:30 pm. I was looking to eat some kabab rolls at Shahi and was looking to park on the side of Albert bakery (opp the airtel shop). This area has few slots where you can park legally. Luckily enough, I found a parking slot and pulled into it. As I was trying to back up to park it properly I noticed that there was a Santro right behind me that had taken a U turn. It became evident that he was also trying to get into the same slot as me. I then proceeded to get out and locked my car. I did walk to the Santro driver and ask him what he wanted. He said that he was taking the U turn to park in the same slot. I told him that I was looking for parking as well and I didn't realise that he had wanted to park here. I apologised to him for his bad luck and walked away.
When I came back the entire passenger side of my car was riddled with scratches most likely from a key. Starting at the head lamp, across the 2 doors extending till the tail lamps. Not just one scratch but multiple. He had also tried to deflate the rear tire.
I am at a loss of what to do. Emotions ranging from horror, shock, rage, helplessness, swept over me. I take immense pride in how my car is maintained. I drive from Cooke Town to Whitefield every day and I didn't have a scratch on my car in over six months. And now some moron does this for a parking slot.
When I was walking away from my car, a sixth sense told me that I should hang around my car till he moved away from there. But I convinced myself that he seemed like a decent enough person (he had a lady sitting with him in the car) and he would just look for another parking slot. I'm just thankful I didn't catch the person doing this. I may have done something stupid if I did.
I just needed to vent and get some sympathy and hence the post.
Old 1st December 2012, 18:18   #599
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Oh no! I hate when these things happen.
Totally empathise and sympathise with you.
However, let us not be too quick off the draw and blame the Santro chap.
May equally have been some local infidel. I know that area and lately It has become filled with the scummy element of Bangalore. I dont, however visit that area any more as it is too chaotic for my liking. Personally, I try and stay away from these crowded areas and go and park only in well lit, proper complexes etc.
ShouldI feel the urge to visit one of these crowded areas I just take an auto, never my car.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd December 2012 at 08:52. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 18:23   #600
BHPian

Hey Shankar, it could've been someone else too. But unlikely. I've parked my car there plenty of times without an issue. Yeah but I agree with you. The best scratch is one that you don't get

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks