Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 10:56   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Thanks guys!

Went to cosmetic surgeon Siddu @ 3M HSR layout same day. He and his team worked on my car for long 3 hours. See the result

Sparky is 3.5 years old, ~ 55000 KM on ODO.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-sparkafter.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-20121215_182009.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th December 2012 at 11:04.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 12:20   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks guys!

Went to cosmetic surgeon Siddu @ 3M HSR layout same day. He and his team worked on my car for long 3 hours. See the result

Would you mind sharing the dent on the pocket?

BTW, your sparky looks super shiny!
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 12:33   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys!

May I know how much did it cost you? I have similar scratches on my car to take care :(
Old 20th December 2012, 12:39   #619
Senior - BHPian

I did not pay seperately for the scratch removal. I opted for exterior paint sealant package, they put extra effort to remove the scratches. initially they were not sure about scratches and told me 5-6% chance. But end result was awesome, for small car exterior paint sealant package costs you 3800/-

3.5 year old - 55000 KM driven car looks brand new now.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th December 2012 at 12:41.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 14:04   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car was victim of vandalism in Bangalore.
Happened on last Saturday. LHS scratches are bigger than RHS, but it is not visible in photo due to sunlight
Quote:
Thanks guys!

Very sorry to see the state of the scratches and am so glad 3M has done a splendid job. Kudos to them.
But if some one gets hands on at least one of those vandals, I would like them to be subjected to public pasting and break a bone or two.
Old 22nd December 2012, 23:12   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Congrats Lateesh, I had a first hand look at those nasty scratches that day when you had brought the car, it was horrible. I must say they have done a wonderful work to get all the scratches removed.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:12   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Man.. that hurts in all possible places!

Quote:

Good.. It has been fixed and neatly done!
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:00   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Happened on last Saturday. LHS scratches are bigger than RHS, but it is not visible in photo due to sunlight
I too have similar experience 7 years back. My swift garnet orange car barely 2 months old then was strached all over (ofcourse single line not this complicated). Got it repainted in Mandovi. It hurts me even now if i recollect that incident.
Old 16th February 2013, 12:34   #624
BHPian

Kids are just killing my car :( - key scratches all along the right side of the body.

Would Autographix stickers work? A thick band across the full side from below the door handles to the mouldings?

I abhor them aesthetically but not as much as looking at these scratches
Old 16th February 2013, 14:11   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Kids are just killing my car :( - key scratches all along the right side of the body.

Would Autographix stickers work? A thick band across the full side from below the door handles to the mouldings?

Well we do live in a civilized world. If those kids are acting like jungle boys I would suggest you give a mouthful to the parents. No they're not just kids not when they cause damage to property. Yes I am asking you to confront their folks. Hope you're stern enough.
Old 17th February 2013, 20:22   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post

+1 to what abhishek has told. You talk with their kids parents. Ask them to instill some basic discipline into them!
Old 18th February 2013, 10:31   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Well we do live in a civilized world. If those kids are acting like jungle boys I would suggest you give a mouthful to the parents. No they're not just kids not when they cause damage to property. Yes I am asking you to confront their folks. Hope you're stern enough.
The kids are from a nearby mammoth slum. Not within the apartment. They move in packs - either for playing or going/coming back to school. At least 100 cars must be parked around the apartment complexes in the area. The watchmen of course are from nearby slums too so it doesn't really help.

Incidentally, in Mumbai you also find D segment cars parked outside - easy to buy a second/third car but real tough to find a parking spot for it.
When I saw the C Avantgarde with Matt orange scratched adjacent to mine, I felt I was in good company. Civilized world?

Anyway, I'm going ahead with the sticker. Have a silver car, so I'll choose white or something which would make it less conspicuous. Should help a bit hopefully.
Old 7th April 2013, 23:39   #628
BANNED

Miscreants Scratching my Car on Purpose: How to handle this menace?

Getting scratches on a brand new car is real pain, how to handle this menace..?

My WagonR - 6 months old - was parked in my society (Reserved for my Car) for Saturday and Sunday.

On saturday evening, noticed some scratches near rear number plate, it appeared to be made by a Car/Bike Key purposefully. Made a verbal complaint in society office and forgot about it and we all know kids.

However, today evening, noticed more such scratches on either sides of car as well as rear portion. Strokes were same as before and very prominent. Deapth and Height of scratches suggests it is a "Adult" job.

Have a look at Pic. (just to give idea - not posting all pics for all sides.)

Few Facts:

1. i am staying in same society for last 10 years.
2. i dont have any noticeable issues/panga with anybody
3. This is reserved parking for me and i pay society for same. I can over see my car from flat window.
4. This has happened during day light and i had checked it by 5PM - No scratches and at 9 PM - scratches appeared.
5. Society is a gated community with 24/7 security, so it is a insiders job considering multiple attempts.
6. No other cars in society reported similar issue in last 2 days

How do i handle this?

1. Make a written complaint in society office with photos etc. (find it useless)
2. may be invest and install a camera with recording (Not sure video quality/night recording/cost). is it really worth?
3. ??

Really want to find culprit and address it officially. (No personal resolutions - either society or police).

i am fine to spend few thousands to get scratches fixed but need to nail culprit.

Some of you might have faced/gone through this. How to handle it? Also want to understand if these scratches can be taken care by 3M treatment etc without getting a proper paint job?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img_20130407_210318.jpg  

Last edited by idea : 7th April 2013 at 23:53.
Old 8th April 2013, 00:14   #629
BHPian

re: Miscreants Scratching my Car on Purpose: How to handle this menace?

1. motion sensing camera, available on dx.com for 70-150 usd.
2. 3m can fix scratches, but not 100% if they are cut deep.
Old 8th April 2013, 00:31   #630
Mik
BHPian

re: Miscreants Scratching my Car on Purpose: How to handle this menace?

Apart from a camera, a simple solution you can try is to ask the guard you are pally with to keep a close eye on the vehicle specially when the guy with the parking spot adjacent to yours parks. (My parking spot neighbour is very careless with how he parks and sometimes i am really tempted to scratch home the message ! )
I live in a similar setup and my parking was right in front of the building hence lots of visitors would take my spot. I got pally with one of the guards and since then he has ensured that no-one parks in my spot. Sweets on new-years have made me one of their favorite residents

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks