Team-BHP - Car Vandalism!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Car Vandalism! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/42362-car-vandalism-49.html)

Same here . My honda amaze bonnet has scratches made by kids within a month . What to do ? They are only kids . You cannot shout at them . We have to live with it and hope for the best and carry on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anky (Post 3232782)
Same here . My honda amaze bonnet has scratches made by kids within a month . What to do ? They are only kids . You cannot shout at them . We have to live with it and hope for the best and carry on.

Kids will keep repeating their wickednesses unless disciplined quite severely. Here is where a spot of light corporal punishment may work, if administered correctly by the offending brats parents or teachers. I do NOT and never will subscribe to this 'They are only kids and hence let them off' philosophy. As it is today's parents spoil their kids rotten and do not discipline them at all even if they are creating a real nuisance of themselves in a public place!

So today I experienced my first vandalism incident.

I had to go to the bank, so left my home early in order to beat the traffic. After reaching the bank I met up with my friend who had some work at the bank too. We went inside, jut to find that the bank hadn't opened and wouldn't be open until 9:00 AM (It was 8:00 AM when we arrived).

My friend offered me to come to his house as it's quite nearby. He then asked me if he could drive my car. I gave him the keys and off we went.

Upon reaching his building I asked him whether we should park outside, as I noticed the parking in his society was full. He insisted on parking inside as its safer. Now, since there was no space he parked it in the lane leading to the parking area. I brought to his attention that the way he had parked had blocked the path leading to the gate. But he insisted that there was no problem.

At about 9:15 AM I come down to get the car out, and what do I find? My front right tyre is COMPLETELY FLAT! :eek: I called up my friend and informed him about the incident. He immediately ran to his watchman to ask if anyone was seen removing the air from the tyre. Unfortunately the 'watch'-man wasn't on watch while it happened!

My friend, repeatedly apologising, went and bought a tyre mechanic who then removed the tyre, took it back, filled it with air and then fixed it. In the whole process I wasted almost an hour and ₹ 100 for labour charges.

I'm surprised that this incident occurred inside a society, had it been on the road I would have overlooked it. But this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable when you're living in a community. Now I admit that my friend is to be blamed about the way he had parked, obstructing the passage to the gate, but the thing is that was no the only entrance. The other one was just a bit ahead of the Omni in the background. Couldn't this fellow have gone through that gate? Is it that important to remove air from tyres to teach others a lesson in parking manners?

I'm just thankful that he didn't scratch or key the car. It would've been an even more expensive trip to the bank had he done so. :Frustrati

This is really unfortunate. I'm sure there'll be another version of the story from the perpetrator. As a rule of thumb, whenever I park in such tricky place which can cause inconvenience to others (same parking problem in some of my friends' society too in Blr), I keep a small note on the windshield with my phone number and my friend's flat number. This usually works (I've learnt this the hard way). Of course there are always some sadistic souls who'll spend 5 minutes spoiling my car but wont spend 30 secs to give me a call to move my car. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr (Post 3257644)
I keep a small note on the windshield with my phone number and my friend's flat number. This usually works (I've learnt this the hard way). Of course there are always some sadistic souls who'll spend 5 minutes spoiling my car but wont spend 30 secs to give me a call to move my car. :Frustrati

agree:

That's a great idea! Thanks! I'll be sure to try it the next time I have to park in small spaces. But the thing here is, the fellow who did it could have easily sent a message with the watchman telling us to remove the car. The watchman knows my car as I'm a frequent visitor here. I'm guessing that deflating my car's tyre must have given that fellow a real sense of satisfaction along with an ego boost!

My friend says that he thinks he knows who did it and will try and ask him in the evening today. Let's see how this whole matter plays out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvord12 (Post 3257492)
Now, since there was no space he parked it in the lane leading to the parking area. I brought to his attention that the way he had parked had blocked the path leading to the gate. But he insisted that there was no problem.

You have blocked the path! what do you expect people to do? wait for you until you come back ?

This has happened to me several times, Some low life parks his car blocking the exit, You want us to wait for him until he finishes his nap, sleep, eat and other things?

What if somebody had an emergency and wanted to leave urgently? You should park your car in an appropriate way as to not to cause inconvenience to others.

I am sorry but I would have done the same thing, Flat the tyre by removing the air, so that the next time you do not park there again.

Alvord12: your plight is unfortunate, but your friend too is bit to blame here. One should never park so as to cause problems for regular folks. It was really lucky for you that it was only a flat tire, and not a scratch etc.

I second above suggestion of keeping a name and phone number visible in case of tight spots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 3257684)
What if somebody had an emergency and wanted to leave urgently? You should park your car in an appropriate way as to not to cause inconvenience to others.

I quite understand that we were in the fault here but, as I mentioned that gate is the back entry to the society, the main gate was completely open and unobstructed. If the society had a single entry lane I would have completely accepted what has been done. The case here is that even though there was an alternate entry/exit point just mere meters in front of the beige car, was there really a need to deflate the tyre? Anyone wanting to exit the building could have done so from the main gate and I'm pretty sure this was the work of someone exiting the building as there was only one car missing when I came down.

I was there for about an hour, and in that time if anyone wanted to use the back gate he could have called the watchman. I would have come down in seconds (It's a small society) and removed the car.

We had to face a lot of trouble getting a mechanic to the place as we didn't know how to remove a tyre. Nobody from the nearest petrol pump was willing to come, in the end we had to go to a Maruti Service Centre and beg to the incharge over there to send his mechanic. All this while the bank would get shut by 11! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 3257687)
Alvord12: your plight is unfortunate, but your friend too is bit to blame here. One should never park so as to cause problems for regular folks. It was really lucky for you that it was only a flat tire, and not a scratch etc.

Yes, my friend kept apologising to me the whole time. Good thing he had a bike to ferry the mechanic and the tyre to and fro. I'm really thanking my stars that he didn't scratch it, otherwise I would have gone berserk. Surprisingly I kept my cool throughout while it was my friend who was raging. I think I've completely come to terms with the fact that such incidents will happen if you own a car. The best policy is to learn from it and make sure you don't repeat the same mistakes again :)

Bangalore: Miscreants damage five cars, motorcycle

Car Vandalism!-05bg_bgvjh_crim_05_1609021e.jpg

Five cars and a motorcycle parked in Venkataranga Puram 2nd Cross in Palace Guttahalli in the Vyalikaval police limits here were damaged by miscreants on Saturday morning.

Residents alerted the police after seeing the smashed windshields, windows and mirrors and saw dents on the motorcycle. The police said that it was only in the morning that the residents realised that the vehicles were damaged as it was perhaps done when they were all asleep. They suspect that the assailants were inebriated.

The damages indicate that the miscreants may have used rods and stones to smash the windshield. Residents told the police that rods that were being used for road repair work were lying near the houses. The police said that there were no CCTV cameras in the vicinity thereby making it difficult to identify the miscreants. Surprisingly, even the car alarms had not gone off despite the extent of damage done to it. A few police personnel who were patrolling nearby saw the damaged vehicles at around 2.30 a.m. indicating that the incident took place in the early hours of Saturday. The Vyalikaval police have registered a case and are investigating.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle5205743.ece

Quote:

You have blocked the path! what do you expect people to do? wait for you until you come back ?

This has happened to me several times, Some low life parks his car blocking the exit, You want us to wait for him until he finishes his nap, sleep, eat and other things?

I am sorry but I would have done the same thing, Flat the tyre by removing the air, so that the next time you do not park there again.

Completely agree with you! Why should 'I' be inconvenienced for 'your' convenience? This used to happen very often at my place in Bangalore where customers of a neighbouring salon used to park their cars right in front of our gate! Had to make the salon owner put up a sign eventually, asking her clients to not park there. Quite frankly, no sympathies for the transgressors.

Vandalism, courtesy my Honda dealer (Pearl Honda, Noida) :Frustrati

Yesterday had given my car for service and had specifically asked them not to use any kind of detergent/chemical for cleaning the front and rear windscreens as windscreens had V-KOOL 70 sun film on them.

Reached in the evening to pick up the car after service. All well. But, just noticed that they had pasted a service reminder sticker on the front windscreen. Discussed with the service advisor that it needs to be removed as I refrain from pasting any thing on it. He asked one of the cleaning guys to use cotton cloth and water to remove it. I proceeded to pay the bill.

When I returned couple of minutes back, I noticed a guy trying to scrape something from the front windscreen!!! :eek:
Realized that it is the sticker that he was trying to remove. But, it was too late by then....
In his enthusiasm, he had scratched and peeled off the film.

It hurts every time I see it :(

At one time I even thought of peeling off entire film and replacing it. Currently, thinking of getting a sticker (wish there was a Team-BHP sticker which could be pasted from inside) and getting the film cut to that sticker's size.

Apologies for poor picture quality as they are courtesy my cell camera.

Car Vandalism!-screen1.jpg

Car Vandalism!-screen3.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaasu (Post 3258221)
Vandalism, courtesy my Honda dealer (Pearl Honda, Noida)

Sorry to see the state of your expensive V-Kool sunfilm. But this is not really a case of Vandalism. This is the case of an incompetent staff from the service center messing up your car.

Quote:

While I agree with the member being at mistake for parking in a manner which obstructed an exit, I cannot agree with you. A simple note like 'thanks for parking like an idiot' does the trick. In my society if a visitor parks in someone else's allocated parking or obstructs an exit, the resident who is hosting the visitor has to pay a penalty which is added to the water/electricity bills with a ticket left on the windshield wiper and a copy sent to the resident.

Vandalizing someone's car is not the solution. Calling the member downstairs and giving him a good lecture on parking is enough.

On the other hand, the involved BHPian should have known better. It is not okay to break rules or to trouble others even if your friends' think it is. Talk about being bogged down by peer pressure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 (Post 3258256)
While I agree with the member being at mistake for parking in a manner which obstructed an exit, I cannot agree with you. A simple note like 'thanks for parking like an idiot' does the trick. In my society if a visitor parks in someone else's allocated parking or obstructs an exit, the resident who is hosting the visitor has to pay a penalty .

The society you live in seems to be sensible

In ours no such rules here, Once a moron parked his car in front of mine and went to lunch. (blocking my car for a good 20 minutes) I had to head out and this idiot refused to move his car because he just started eating his lunch. :Frustrati His hosts had the audacity to tell me not to be impatient and wait until he came.
The moron was lucky my parents were with me that day, if not I would have flattened all 4 of his tyres and taken a rick or taxi.

Few days later I have another moron just parking his car in front of mine, again blocking my path I cant take out the car.
I walk up to him and tell him I want to leave please move your car.
This idiot tells me to wait for "2-3 minutes as someone is coming down"
I tell him nothing doing take out the car right now..
Guy starts mumbling something and moves his car.

You Expect me to leave a note for such people? Please.:)

Hi guys,

So I have a bit of a problem. I stay in an apartment complex with stilt parking and my Hyundai Verna has been parked there for the last 7 years.
Since the last year or so, there have been a couple of kids in the compund who seem to be targeting my car in particular. My Verna has been subject to a ridiculous amount of scratches including some very foul Hindi swear words written in the English script as well as a bird etched on my bonnet.

Just last week I took delivery of my Polo GT TSi. Now this car is parked in the private lane within my building compound itself. Kids generally don't pass by this lane. So I thought my car would be safe here.
But about one hour ago (At 10:30pm) I just happened to look outside my window (I stay on the 6th floor) and peer down to my car. I saw two kids, about 12-13 years old with stones in their hand and scratching the bonnet of my car. My heart literally broke. I went down immediately and they were gone. None of the (inattentive) watchmen in the compound had seen them. I looked closely at my car and sure enough, there were scratches on the bonnet. My car is one freaking week old. I feel like crying.

So now I've said enough is enough, I'm not going to let these two brats get the better of me, ever again.
I'm looking for solutions on how to tackle this problem.

So far here is what I have thought of:

- The desired result
They'll stop this vandalism as soon as their parents get to know of their actions. And they foot the bill for detailing both my cars.

- The process
This is the tricky part. I've thought about hiring good private investigators for a week or so to determine their identity. (But I don't know which agency to contact. Suggestions please!)
If I lodge a police complaint, they would probably patrol for a week or two and if they don't find the culprits, I'd be back to square one and probably face even worse vandalism.

So I think a PI is the way to go, in which case:
- Which agency?
- How much would it cost?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

in case you were wondering, there are cameras only in my building in the society. That too, none of which show the cars.
The kids don't belong to my building, but of other building within the society.

I need to tackle this menace efficiently and quickly.

Cheers!