Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:38   #766
BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Very sad to notice intentionally inflicted injuries on your cars.

Quote:
Since the car was driven by my driver so out fear he is making up the brick story.
I do not think that your driver is cooking a story as the impressions clearly reflect a handiwork of some passerby. The cannot be caused by any other vehicle given the uniformity in pattern.

It appears that the scratch mark has been made using a key.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:55   #767
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi all, This is what someone has done to my Honda City. Both right side doors scratched.

AD
Sorry to see the car scratched up buddy. Since the scratch runs through middle height of your car's door so it might not be caused by the cycle's handle as the handle will not come in contact with the car at this low height. We can't rule out the possibility that the cyclists were carrying some sharp object and deliberately did it either.

But since both of your cars are scratched, it is highly possible that it is done by some known person out of jealousy or a personal grudge against you. Do keep an eye for few days.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 13:27   #768
BHPian

Quote:
INR 5000 is the price quoted by a good F.N.G here in Noida for both doors and if I approach Honda ASC then cost will be much higher say about 8-10K and there is no point to take a insurance claim in this case.

AD
I believe Honda ASC should also charge you close to 5K for each door. Typical Honda cost for re-painting that I have seen is close to 5K for each panel (door/bumper).
Color matching and finish with Honda ASC is top notch.
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:46   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, This is what someone has done to my Maruti Esteem; Today morning my other driver came and informed after about 10mins that even Esteem has been scratched in the same pattern and on both right side doors. Since I woke up late so could not see the Esteem's damage as Paa had left for office. In the evening today I will see it.
Here are the pics of my Esteem.

Car Vandalism!-photo0517.jpg

Car Vandalism!-photo0518.jpg

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:06   #770
BHPian

Quote:

AD
By the pics the scar doesnt look very deep or maybe the pics arent doing the justice . But I am sure it will be good as before soon

Quote:
Pheonix you had seen the pics of my car and you can understand how much effort went in it. Keeping the car in best shape needs alot of effort.

Thanks

AD
Truly.. I do understand the frustation ,especially when we treat our rides like babies these things happening to is just unbearable.
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 09:35   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those are surface scratches made by not so blunt object like a piece of wood for instance unlike your City. I was a victim a couple of weeks back of such marks on our Swift by a neighbor who clearly needs help.

But thankfully it all went away with a good detailing.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 10:17   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, This is what someone has done to my Honda City. Both right side doors scratched. ...

Now comes the turn of my Maruti Esteem; Today morning my other driver came and informed after about 10mins that even Esteem has been scratched in the same pattern and on both right side doors....
I would suggest a good detailing first of all than repainting both the cars. A good detailing might hide this to a good extent.

If it's intentionally done by someone (as mentioned below), then sooner than later, you are going to have a repeat instance in all probability.

In such a case, making the culprit feel that you do NOT care for such things will be a better message. I know it feels bad, but I suggest let it settle down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
....But since both of your cars are scratched, it is highly possible that it is done by some known person out of jealousy or a personal grudge against you. Do keep an eye for few days.
+1
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 19:24   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Those are surface scratches made by not so blunt object like a piece of wood for instance unlike your City.
Hi mate, Actually they are not surface scratches in reality. I tried rubbing brake oil on them but it made no difference as such. I will probably have to get it repainted as it seems a scratch done with a pebble or a key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would suggest a good detailing first of all than repainting both the cars. A good detailing might hide this to a good extent.
Mate hi, actually I did consider the detailing idea but seeing the car with a scratch was a big pain for me so I got my Honda's doors repainted today at a F.N.G for INR3500/-. As for the Esteem I will surely try the detailing first.

Quote:
In such a case, making the culprit feel that you do NOT care for such things will be a better message. I know it feels bad, but I suggest let it settle down.
I agree with you mate but you can also understand that we all treat our cars like our baby so no matter what the other may think but for the owner it is not less than a nightmare.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 24th January 2014 at 19:46. Reason: spell check
Old 27th January 2014, 20:01   #774
BHPian

A friend of mine visited my house over this weekend. I noticed the words engraved on the bonnet of his Alto. The scratches had gathered rust. I asked him why don't you get the surface painted as these look very ugly. To my shock, his reply was that he has already done that and within a few days someone from within his neighborhood did it again in a similar manner.

Unable to locate the person, he decided to continue driving the way it is.

Car Vandalism!-vaphoto.jpg
Old 27th January 2014, 20:51   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what someone has done to my Honda City. Both right side doors scratched.
Attachment 1195275

Attachment 1195276
Now comes the turn of my Maruti Esteem; Today morning my other driver came and informed after about 10mins that even Esteem has been scratched in the same pattern and on both right side doors.

Quite a coincidence that both your cars have similar damage done within a short time. From experience, these can be
a) totally random events - in which case:
They probably may not be repeated on you sometime in near future
You may already have someone else in your neighbourhood with the same problem

b) a wilful act of someone bearing a grudge. Now, the person (could be someone you know)
may be charitable enough to get his laughs out of seeing you spending money due to this act,
or
He may be insane enough to try it again , with similar results.

Since you have already visited an FNG for repaint, and plan to get a detailing done for the Esteem, - you pretty much have decided to overlook the first instance of this vandalism.

However, my suggestion would be to talk to class 3/4 staff who work in your and neighbours houses, and even pay the guards some money to keep an eye on your vehicle when you are not visible near your cars.

Think of covered parking with restricted access (doors) as a secondary measure.

Net, net - if it is not a random act (which is pretty bad), it is probably an act of vengeance (even worse!!!)
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 21:04   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Quite a coincidence that both your cars have similar damage done within a short time.

Think of covered parking with restricted access (doors) as a secondary measure.

Net, net - if it is not a random act (which is pretty bad), it is probably an act of vengeance (even worse!!!)
Hi mate, I have made a covered parking for my cars but the only thing is that restricted access is not possible because next to my parking a house is being constructed hence the people often pass from there so I have told my drivers to keep a watch on the cars and have started to cover them up in the evening. I really thank you for giving me a good suggestion buddy.

Thanks

AD
Old 8th February 2014, 19:08   #777
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, This is what had happened to my uncle's Indigo eCS a couple of day's back. The hood has been badly scratched. I know it might sound foolish of me but this would have happened because of some jealousy with our family cars.

Car Vandalism!-photo0547.jpg

Car Vandalism!-photo0548.jpg
Thanks

AD
Old 8th February 2014, 21:56   #778

We don't have adequate parking in our building. Four lots for twenty four apartments. Predictably, both of our cars are parked outside.

Students on the way to class in the adjoining buildings always scratch on the doors. Passersby move the wing mirrors, terribly. To the point they may come off someday.

The worst, one of my neighbours is a grocer. And his stockpile trucks keep coming around here. We've had them bang into one of our cars too. And to be generous to the neighbours, you can't even say a word. We had to bear six thousand or so to get all the dents removed.

The best bit is to have a parking lot. I'm sorry but we really can't control what happens outside. But, we have issues in domestic parking itself *sigh*

Regards,
G P
Old 26th February 2014, 10:15   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Some idiot has snatched and taken away my car's rear window's run channel weather strip. (the run strip which is tucked on the window frame on the door at the bottom of the windows). This makes driving my car in rain impossible as water would get inside and may even damage the power window motor. (yes, it is raining in our city off & on these days)

This is the second time something like this has happened. Few months earlier, someone thieved the wiper blades of my car
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 15:44   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Just bought the weather strip. Had a tough time finding it. The MASS to which my car visits did not have it in stock. Finally found it at another known ASC. Cost Rs. 316/-
Remembered a Mark Knopfler song - 'Money for nothing', paid the money and came back. Here is the picture of the part:
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-26022014.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-26022014001.jpg  

saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks