Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2016, 01:09   #946
BHPian

Re: Car Vandalism!

Most of the kids play cricket right next to my car and there are so many scratches and dents. Recently, had to park my car at a different spot for about a week due to construction; someone got angry and scratched the boot in a key. The scratch is so deep that it I can see the metal.

I don’t know what these people get by scratching the car or a bike.
Old 31st December 2016, 08:33   #947
BHPian

Re: Vandalism at a Hotel - Chennai

I am aghast at this vandalism.Wherever there are superficial(not deep) scratches,you can try Meguiar's Scratch free and you may get good results.But for deeper ones,try in your FNG mechanic.All the best
Old 4th May 2017, 17:49   #948
Senior - BHPian

Some fellow decided to scribble eyebrows with something sharp (guess headlamps are eyes !) on the hood of my car.
I am mostly sure it's one of the kids from the railway shanties who often sneak into our house in search of mangoes, especially during/after norwester storms.
I am hoping that the scratches are superficial as my fingernail does not get caught in them.
Have to spend time this weekend to try my best and get those hideous scribbles out as best as possible.
Also thinking of installing a camera in our portico where the cars are parked in the open - else it's becoming difficult day by day as the rail shanty kids are destructive, arrogant and foul mouthed.
Old 7th July 2017, 16:57   #949
BHPian

This happened today outside my office. I don't know what pleasure people derive out of this. I'm so heartbroken by seeing this.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img_4810.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th July 2017 at 17:13. Reason: Please only use the Team-BHP emoticons. Thanks.
Old 7th July 2017, 17:12   #950
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
This happened today outside my office. I don't know what pleasure people derive out of this. I'm so heartbroken by seeing this.
This actually looks more like an accidental scrape, rather than vandalism?
Old 7th July 2017, 18:09   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Here's taking vandalism to a whole new level.

Attachment 1462476
Could you please let me know where exactly in NCR did this happen if you don't mind.
Old 7th July 2017, 18:40   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This actually looks more like an accidental scrape, rather than vandalism?
Here's some more.....looks like somebody's been practising calligraphy on my car's doors. Hyundai ASS says doors need to be replaced and painted
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img_4519.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-img_4520.jpg  

drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 19:26   #953
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.......doors need to be replaced and painted
You mean removed, surely?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 19:26   #954
BHPian

Quote:
This has happened to me, when parked on the roadside. Some people get pleasure in doing it. I had a paste, with which i am able to rub out superficial scratches, if its deep, then I have to utilise my workshop. Nothing much we can do.
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 17:52   #955
Lij
BHPian

Saw this yesterday morning when I left home for office. I had got it pressure washed the previous afternoon and the car was parked since then at its designated parking in the society.

Dad checked CCTV images till 11 pm in the night and couldn't figure out anything as the camera was good 50-70 meters away and there were intermittent rains. I'll scourge it again and till morning to see if I get anything.

Don't think animals could do it and neither small kids can reach the Linea boot to do this work.

Car Vandalism!-20170711_115302.jpg

Car Vandalism!-20170711_115323.jpg

@ Experts - Can a good detailing fix this?
Old 11th July 2017, 18:03   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Don't think animals could do it and neither small kids can reach the Linea boot to do this work.
Looking at the pattern, don't think it is done by humans or animals. Too much effort required to do that amount of damage. Looks like a rotary machine kept on bonnet and turned on. Did you check before getting back from where the cleaning was done?
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:40   #957
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Looking at the pattern, don't think it is done by humans or animals. Too much effort required to do that amount of damage. Looks like a rotary machine kept on bonnet and turned on. Did you check before getting back from where the cleaning was done?
Yes, pressure wash was done right in front of me and I had inspected everything to my satisfaction. So that's ruled out.
Old 12th July 2017, 19:06   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Looks certainly "human" to me. If you see the pattern it is circular and can be easily be done with a wire mesh which is usually used in kitchens to clean hard stains.
sumathindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 01:12   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw this yesterday morning ..
Seeing this brought memories of similar pattern scratch marks on our car's bonnet early last decade.
Turned out the car cleaner had used a sand soiled wet cleaning cloth to vigorously rub the bonnet in a circular fashion leaving similar circular scratch marks on the paint. Ended up repainting the panel.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 08:50   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ Experts - Can a good detailing fix this?
From what I see in the pictures, scratches are only on the clearcoat and haven't dug deep into the base coat/primer.

Would suggest you check with a detailer/ask for a demo on a small portion of the affected area. That would help you decide.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks