Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2018, 20:34   #1006
BHPian

Re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^If the dealer isn’t agreeing to replace it FoC, please make the manufacturer aware of this deed. Hopefully a solution should work out.
I have submitted the complaint to MSIL but their complaint form has been sent to a workshop incharge and the workshop in quesion where i went to was not listed in the form. I am guessing they are not really an authorised service station and just pretend to be one. My problem seems to have been compounded.
Old 8th March 2018, 15:20   #1007
BHPian

Spotted this act of vandalism in the parking lot of MIMS Hospital. Brand new, shiny Jeep Compass badly scratched. And the scratches are fresh. I could see the scratched paint flakes below the scratches.

Car Vandalism!-vandalism.jpg

Car Vandalism!-capture.jpg

The parking lot is chaotic with no marked spaces watched over by an incredibly lazy security guard. This Compass was found parked blocking a path to the next row. Probably someone vented their anger, but not the right way to do it. I would have stuck a post it note on the wind screen.
Old 9th March 2018, 01:22   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Could also have been kids I remember when we first bought our bright yellow WagonR in 2004 and gone to a gated community to visit a family friend, we had come back to find that it had been badly scratched on one side. Never expected this to happen as it was just a WagonR nothing special, but it did look quite chirpy and stood out when it was new in that bright canary yellow shade. I think kids are attracted towards vandalizing cars in bright colors that pop out. The height of those scratches on the Compass is also quite low.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 21:14   #1009
BHPian

Well today some merry fella did this to my car in a parking lot in Faridabad sector 29. Too bad my dashcam didn't catch anyone doing it.

Anyways, quick Google search brought me to this link
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0056.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0060.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0058.jpg  

Muski is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 21:17   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muski View Post
Well today some merry fella did this to my car in a parking lot in Faridabad sector 29. Too bad my dashcam didn't catch anyone doing it.

Anyways, quick Google search brought me to this link
A 2 min hardwork with Patanjali Dant kranti got me here. I guess this will be gone in another 5 mins.

I should rush out and finish the job, wify is clueless as to why I ran inside and started typing on my phone while toothpaste is all over the car outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0062.jpg  

Muski is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 15:59   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muski View Post
A 2 min hardwork with Patanjali Dant kranti got me here. I guess this will be gone in another 5 mins.

I should rush out and finish the job, wify is clueless as to why I ran inside and started typing on my phone while toothpaste is all over the car outside.

What was the final outcome? Were you able to fully remove this mark from your car? Anyone tried removing pen marks from leather seats. I don't think the toothpaste will work there and it will further spoil the seats. I think dry clean solution will be the last option.
Old 7th June 2018, 17:00   #1012
Senior - BHPian

A few years back, my golden coloured car had this kind of rubber stamp ink mark on the top of the boot.
I realised it was the early morning newspaper guy who was keeping his set of newspapers to be delivered. There was some rubber stamp mark somewhere which got transferred to the car. I used some turtle scratch removing lotion and rubbed this mark. It went off after a few minutes of effort.
Old 8th June 2018, 10:37   #1013
Team-BHP Support

Pune witnessed a bunch of mob-related vandalism in the recent past. In one instance, all the vehicles in a lower middle class neighborhood were vandalized: windshields broken, tyres slashed. These vehicles were DZire, WagonR that plied on Uber/Ola and auto rickshaws.

I was traveling in an Uber which was vandalized and within a few minutes of me sitting in the car, the driver started venting. How the downtime of nearly a day to the additional expense (Insurance was not claimed) to the mental stress had ruined his weekend.

Cause for vandalism: the guys who did it were given a dressing down by the father of the girl one of them was hitting on. As revenge, they set out to destroy 10-15 vehicles.

Stupidity and the sadism is truly blind.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 19:19   #1014
BHPian

In Bangalore, I am finding a lot of cars with the number plate broken. All of them are rear ones and are plastic. This doesn't look like broken by a hit, but pulled apart. Vandalism?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-1530107212972.jpg  

bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 10:27   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Vandalism?
Quite possible.

However, my own experience with similar hard plastic/fiber plates suggests otherwise. Exposed to heat and sunlight, these plates turn brittle and are prone to breaking specially while washing the car. A slight tug to clean the area behind the plates is enough to break them. I have had two such plates replaced till date. There is a slightly different kind of plate which is thinner but far more flexible and hence less likely to break off but this is apparently in short supply.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 15:57   #1016
BHPian

Car vandalism has become quite common in the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Also know as 'City Beautiful' Chandigarh has honour of being the most planned city in the country. Majority of the population comprises of people either retired or still working mostly in government or semi government jobs. Being a major education hub in the north, the city also boasts of a size able number of student population. With mostly educated population around, petty crimes and anti social activities were quite unheard of until last decade. But with the growing paying guest (PG) culture a large number of people from neighboring states started staying in city for education and job purposes. Now with people coming from different social and economic backgrounds, clash of the thoughts were imminent. As such petty brawls over minor issues like parking disputes etc have become a daily affair between the paying guest stayers and area residents. In many cases it has been found that many anti social elements also stay in PG accommodations under the garb of students and it is these very people who indulge in vandalism in the localities during night time. Breaking the windshields of the cars is their favourite act of indulgence which is the outcome of frustration owing to reprimanding by area residents. Many of the accused are alcoholics and substance abusers who deliberately damage the vehicles to settle scores with the local residents for reprimanding and complaining against them.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 16:14   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, I am finding a lot of cars with the number plate broken. All of them are rear ones and are plastic. This doesn't look like broken by a hit, but pulled apart. Vandalism?
I think I know this car My guess you saw this near to HSR?
Old 6th July 2018, 18:51   #1018
Senior - BHPian

I was riding behind an electric-blue i10 Auto at Kadavanthara (Cochin) today when many scratches on the rear hatchback door attracted my attention. On a closer look, was horrified to see that someone had scratched (with a nail or key) the words "Don't park here" in big Bold lettering.
There was also something else written which wasn't clear - IIRC it was "SBI Parking" or something on those lines.

Even assuming that the guy parked wrongly, guess its too much of a punishment.

Couldn't take a snap as I was on my bike.
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 20:46   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vandalism?
A lot of them are probably intentional as well. Remember the crack down on out of state cars? I started seeing this broken number plates, where only the first two alphabets are missing more regularly since then.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 23:48   #1020
BHPian

Yesterday was a bad day. After being cautious in protecting my beast for three years without a scratch, a low lying scum has decided to check his skills on my car. There was a deep scratch on the fender and another one on the door. Tried to patch up the exposed metal using permanent black marker pen for the time being.

Car Vandalism!-right-door1.jpg

Car Vandalism!-right-door.jpg

Car Vandalism!-right-fender.jpg

Car Vandalism!-permanant-marker.jpg
TorqueTwist is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks