Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 24th February 2018, 20:34   #1006
BHPian

Default Re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^If the dealer isnít agreeing to replace it FoC, please make the manufacturer aware of this deed. Hopefully a solution should work out.
I have submitted the complaint to MSIL but their complaint form has been sent to a workshop incharge and the workshop in quesion where i went to was not listed in the form. I am guessing they are not really an authorised service station and just pretend to be one. My problem seems to have been compounded.
eternalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 15:20   #1007
BHPian

Spotted this act of vandalism in the parking lot of MIMS Hospital. Brand new, shiny Jeep Compass badly scratched. And the scratches are fresh. I could see the scratched paint flakes below the scratches.

Car Vandalism!-vandalism.jpg

Car Vandalism!-capture.jpg

The parking lot is chaotic with no marked spaces watched over by an incredibly lazy security guard. This Compass was found parked blocking a path to the next row. Probably someone vented their anger, but not the right way to do it. I would have stuck a post it note on the wind screen.
GeneralJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 01:22   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Could also have been kids I remember when we first bought our bright yellow WagonR in 2004 and gone to a gated community to visit a family friend, we had come back to find that it had been badly scratched on one side. Never expected this to happen as it was just a WagonR nothing special, but it did look quite chirpy and stood out when it was new in that bright canary yellow shade. I think kids are attracted towards vandalizing cars in bright colors that pop out. The height of those scratches on the Compass is also quite low.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 21:14   #1009
BHPian

Well today some merry fella did this to my car in a parking lot in Faridabad sector 29. Too bad my dashcam didn't catch anyone doing it.

Anyways, quick Google search brought me to this link
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0056.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0060.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0058.jpg  

Muski is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 21:17   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muski View Post
Well today some merry fella did this to my car in a parking lot in Faridabad sector 29. Too bad my dashcam didn't catch anyone doing it.

Anyways, quick Google search brought me to this link
A 2 min hardwork with Patanjali Dant kranti got me here. I guess this will be gone in another 5 mins.

I should rush out and finish the job, wify is clueless as to why I ran inside and started typing on my phone while toothpaste is all over the car outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-img20180311wa0062.jpg  

Muski is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 15:59   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muski View Post
A 2 min hardwork with Patanjali Dant kranti got me here. I guess this will be gone in another 5 mins.

I should rush out and finish the job, wify is clueless as to why I ran inside and started typing on my phone while toothpaste is all over the car outside.

What was the final outcome? Were you able to fully remove this mark from your car? Anyone tried removing pen marks from leather seats. I don't think the toothpaste will work there and it will further spoil the seats. I think dry clean solution will be the last option.
roby_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 17:00   #1012
BHPian

A few years back, my golden coloured car had this kind of rubber stamp ink mark on the top of the boot.
I realised it was the early morning newspaper guy who was keeping his set of newspapers to be delivered. There was some rubber stamp mark somewhere which got transferred to the car. I used some turtle scratch removing lotion and rubbed this mark. It went off after a few minutes of effort.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 10:37   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

Pune witnessed a bunch of mob-related vandalism in the recent past. In one instance, all the vehicles in a lower middle class neighborhood were vandalized: windshields broken, tyres slashed. These vehicles were DZire, WagonR that plied on Uber/Ola and auto rickshaws.

I was traveling in an Uber which was vandalized and within a few minutes of me sitting in the car, the driver started venting. How the downtime of nearly a day to the additional expense (Insurance was not claimed) to the mental stress had ruined his weekend.

Cause for vandalism: the guys who did it were given a dressing down by the father of the girl one of them was hitting on. As revenge, they set out to destroy 10-15 vehicles.

Stupidity and the sadism is truly blind.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote