Team-BHP - Car Vandalism!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Car Vandalism! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/42362-car-vandalism-69.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 4420682)
In Bangalore, I am finding a lot of cars with the number plate broken. All of them are rear ones and are plastic. This doesn't look like broken by a hit, but pulled apart. Vandalism?

Since I saw this post, I have observed many such cars during my daily commute to office. Never really put a thought around this. However it certainly cannot be a coincidence that so many cars have the rear plate 1/4th missing. Not sure behind the objective.

On the other hand it could be while checking the boot at offices and malls the guards often pull the lid with the plates and in the process breaking them! It was my personal experience at office a few years back and they politely replaced it. However i switched to metal plates (lesson learnt).

Its with deep sorrow that I am posting onto this thread.
Yesterday while leaving from office on 10 PM while observed some scratches in on my Innova's RHS. Next to RHS wall is a 15 foot drop as its entrance into basement.

Today, I reported this to my office admin and took it up with building admin. He initially tried to tell me it can be easily covered via polish. Next, he claimed that the place where my car was parked yesterday is not covered under CCTV. Proved to him that is covered via so many cams they have. Had shown the scratches to him on my car at around 4:40 PM.

Post dinner when I returned to office at 8:00 PM, I found that the same place on rear door has been scratched again. Feeling low at this point of time. Dont know what people get by such cowardly actions. Tomorrow will bring in Swift. I was under the impression that corporate offices will be better and hence started using Innova. Looks like I will be back to Swift.

I will keep the thread posted on all updates that I get. Its worth mentioning that even when I have traveled to other states, these things never happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 4503759)
observed some scratches in on my Innova's RHS.

found that the same place on rear door has been scratched again.

You have a marked enemy (that deserves an unmarked grave)! [kidding, of course].

Could also be handiwork of a stray cat/dog?

At my apartment complex, I have noticed two common sources of such scratches - unruly kids and bitter car-wash guys.

If the scratch/scuff is not too deep, they are taken care of even by buffing with some compounds at a decently equipped car-wash center. Have had to get it done myself. Few months back some scratches were addressed for 1500/- at a local car-wash center in B'lore.

It is a certainly a pain, but has become an inevitable part of life - unruly kids, bad parenting, immature adults, poor animals that have lost their territories to human encroachment, etc...

They say someone's gain is someone's loss.

I might get poorer by 5k because somebody did this to our parked car. But what did he gain?:Frustrati

Quote:

Next, he claimed that the place where my car was parked yesterday is not covered under CCTV.

This is what the jokers ALWAYS say, whether at office locations, mall parking or restaurants. What's the point of having all those cameras then? Wonder why they claim that excuse. Is it because locating the footage is a tedious job, the cameras don't actually record, or just because they don't want the hassle of follow up and a cop involvement.

OUCH! This thread is a pain to see for all the owners who like to maintain their cars spotless.

Been the latest victim of street vandalism. The "TITANIUM" badging on my Ford had its "I" taken off. Thought it had just fallen off but upon closer inspection, I found some scratches on the hatch door that looked like someone keyed the car and dragged an "I" along with it. Was pretty pissed off at that because never had I imagined that damaging someone's property would be a favorite pastime to someone. Guessing this is the artwork of some person who was scurrying along the parking lot of cars outside my office and did it just for the lulz. :Frustrati

But looking at this thread it seems I am not the only one and people had it worse. Pretty hard to maintain a shining car even if you do everything right in this country.

My bad, I guess. Thought it would be too much work to take the car to the office's internal parking for just a couple minute job on a Saturday. I shall now pay close attention to where I leave my car even if I'm away for a few minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 (Post 4421107)
Car vandalism has become quite common in the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Also know as 'City Beautiful' Chandigarh has honour of being the most planned city in the country. Majority of the population comprises of people either retired or still working mostly in government or semi government jobs.

What a coincidence. This happened in Chandigarh.

Quote:

Its with deep sorrow that I am posting onto this thread.
Yesterday while leaving from office on 10 PM while observed some scratches in on my Innova's RHS. Next to RHS wall is a 15 foot drop as its entrance into basement.

Today, I reported this to my office admin and took it up with building admin. He initially tried to tell me it can be easily covered via polish. Next, he claimed that the place where my car was parked yesterday is not covered under CCTV. Proved to him that is covered via so many cams they have. Had shown the scratches to him on my car at around.

Very sad to hear this. Since this is at your office, you don't have a choice. The simple solution to this is to get yourself a dashcam. There are dashcams which work in parking mode and record any movement around the car. If you don't want to spend too much, there are also Chinese ones which are cheap and they will do the job well. Just do some research online and select a good dashcam that suits your needs.

Being a Bhpian means not just going through all the threads, but also contributing to them. There are however threads that one wishes and hopes never to contribute to. This is one such!

Today morning, I saw my car in this condition.

Car Vandalism!-img_20190608_0917432080x1560.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190608_0934492080x1560.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20190608_0934562080x1560.jpg

And the instrument of destruction was found right inside the boot.

Car Vandalism!-img_20190608_0936172080x1560.jpg

I have made my peace with the situation and ordered a replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4601319)
I have made my peace with the situation and ordered a replacement.

Is this vandalism or an act of vengeance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 4601325)
Is this vandalism or an act of vengeance?

I wouldn't know.

Interestingly, I had parked it in many unsecured places right through the week; in a different city. I came home yesterday night, parked it at its usual place and went to sleep. This morning, I saw the destruction.

Had I not found the stone inside, I would have dismissed it as an accident.

Vengeance or vandalism, the deed is done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4601366)
Vengeance or vandalism, the deed is done.

Issue could be that if vengeance is involved, the deed might continue to get done in one form or another unless it's possibly addressed.

However, it could just as well have been some unruly kids hurling random stones at some random targets.

Sad to see such scenes. Amount of resources lost (time, money, energy) and angst created is massively wasteful.

Sorry to see this act of vandalism on your car. But glad to know that you've made your peace with it. Moving on is the best thing one can do in such situations.

:OT
I know you are regular in A YetiGuideŽ : How To Post In Proper English thread. I didn't expect this from you, tsk tsk (I've highlighted it in bold below).
Should have used last night. BHPian ThadEGinathom is watching lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4601366)
I wouldn't know.

Interestingly, I had parked it in many unsecured places right through the week; in a different city. I came home yesterday night, parked it at its usual place and went to sleep. This morning, I saw the destruction.

My Swift got an inclement dose of vandalism today at office building. Parking area is covered by CCTV and hopefully it should not be as blank a case as it was with Innova. It's very depressing to say the least. Looks like someone has malafide and clandestine intentions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 4602553)
My Swift got an inclement dose of vandalism today at office building. Parking area is covered by CCTV and hopefully it should not be as blank a case as it was with Innova. It's very depressing to say the least. Looks like someone has malafide and clandestine intentions.

I think its more a careless driver than a vandal.

Try this with your car. Open the boot, remove the cover on the inside.
Wrap a hammer or a long stick with cloth. Push the dent. Its a piece of soft metal. It will pop back into shape.

I have done something similar on my Sail and it worked. No loss of paint means you will not even know something happened once its popped back into the correct shape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 4602559)
I think its more a careless driver than a vandal.

Try this with your car. Open the boot, remove the cover on the inside.
Wrap a hammer or a long stick with cloth. Push the dent. Its a piece of soft metal. It will pop back into shape.

My car was parked in a spot where behind the car there is space to walk around and then wall. Next to wall in canteen (which is closed since last three days). So behind my car there cannot be any car. Will post image of the parking spot tomorrow.

Poured hot water and suction, worked a bit, rest will need panel opening as you mentioned.