Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 21:23   #391
BHPian

I walk out of the office building for a smoke. My car is parked right there in the office portico. What do I see? A colleague of mine is standing by my car, busily talking on the mobile phone, playing with my rear wiper. He is not even looking at the car. He is just standing by it and pulling the wiper arm away from the glass and letting it go.

I am stupefied. He is a co-worker. He knows I own the car.

Trying to be diplomatic, I just pulled out my key and pressed the lock button on the remote. The car gave out the customary warning alarm. The guy moves off.

What do you do with such morons?

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 11th September 2008 at 21:24.
Old 11th September 2008, 21:51   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Just cuz I have a out of state regn!!
My Classic was vandalised almost every minute i parked it - anywhere. Used to have a fight everyday - believe me. And it was not vandalism of the minor kind - if any one has seen the amount of idiot lights in the Classic will know how attractive they are to these losers. I have caught people numerous times trying to pull each one out.

And they non chalantly just step out of the jeep and walk out, knowing fully well that the vehicle was from a different state and they can bully me.

Oh i am sorry if the last paragraph makes the natives think that i am blaming them and start knocking on the mods to edit my post. But i thought about it for sometime and i could not find a reason not to blame the natives and blame the outsiders for this. LOL I am bad at sarcasm.

PS: My Classic is back in Goa and i am missing all the fun i could have had with it, well i hate you outsiders who came to Bangalore including me
Old 12th September 2008, 12:20   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I just pulled out my key and pressed the lock button on the remote. The car gave out the customary warning alarm. The guy moves off.
What do you do with such morons?
you should have used the "panic buttons" (press the lock and unlock buttons together) and let it be like that for a few seconds.

one really can't do much about these people :(
Old 12th September 2008, 12:34   #394
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday the indica escaped barely.
I come from office and park the car, and I see a gory site.
Chawk marks all over the basement parking lot done by kids, extending to the sides of all parked car.
A black esteem was the worst victim, with stars, moons and what not drawn on the sides.

All done by a group of 6-7 year olds. Makes you wonder what kind of families these kids come from and what will they become when they grow up.
I miss uncleji now very much
Old 12th September 2008, 12:55   #395
Senior - BHPian

Oh Boy Was the truck safe?
Old 12th September 2008, 13:03   #396
Team-BHP Support

Yup, is parked right next to guards post, so thats a safe spot.
Kids did not even spare the floor of the parking lots, the walls the lift.
They were on a chalk mark spree.
One of these days I am going to whack them badly
Old 12th September 2008, 13:45   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
All done by a group of 6-7 year olds. Makes you wonder what kind of families these kids come from and what will they become when they grow up.
I miss uncleji now very much
I am sure they will become Modern Art Painter like MF Hussain when they grow up . Artwork should not contain only on Paper.
Old 19th February 2009, 07:17   #398
Senior - BHPian

I'm the latest victim of these (enter your choicest adjectives here)

Someone, took a nail or such and has scratched both sides (f/fender to r/fender) of my Octy. A deep gash is visible. It was done inside our apartment complex!!! Don't know who it was... driver/neighbor/kids

Another "person" has left scratches on the Civic's rear bumper (end to end). Again, inside the complex.

I really don't understand what these these things gain from such actions!! And, I'm at a complete loss as to how to handle this situation. Any pointers?
Old 19th February 2009, 08:34   #399
Senior - BHPian

Install a camera inside the car to know who is doing this.
Or ask your security guard to have a better look. If there is anything called " co- operative " society, then call a meeting and tell them you are not paying a single penny till the culprit is caught or some measure are taken to ensure that this will not happen in future.

Generally its kids whose parents believe they are invincible and this mentality goes into kids. I have myself observed this. Kids in my society play cricket all the time in front of my house. They play cricket just before/after a blind turn for outgoing/incoming vehicles. They love to strike at our house and if at all by any chance if our vehicles are parked outside for even a minute, they scratch. They throw stones in our letter box, sit on compound wall. When we complain to their parents, the parents want a fight with us.

This is the core culture of our country and we just cant do anything about this.
I thought that this happens only in my city, but I am shocked to see others suffering from this.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:13   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Someone, took a nail or such and has scratched both sides (f/fender to r/fender) of my Octy. A deep gash is visible.

Another "person" has left scratches on the Civic's rear bumper (end to end). Again, inside the complex.
too bad shuvd - take it to Suman da - fix it and forget it. what else can you do man? grease the hands of the guard and ask him to keep an eye on your cars.

Talking about vandalism - simply see this:

Car Vandalism!-dsc00445.jpg

the rear registration light cluster gets ripped off every now and then and i am sick of it. some people are so

also see: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/918474-post364.html - it was done about month back after which i got another set and oops! someone did it again.

the palio has some many scratches (by coins, pins, keys) - will get them fixed soon. :(

Last edited by planet_rocker : 19th February 2009 at 11:18.
Old 12th May 2009, 23:25   #401
Senior - BHPian

looking at the trend darker colors seem to be target more.
its simple logic actually .
a black board which is usually black or green gives best results when used with a white chalk. so on a dark colored car when someone uses a stone/needle/key etc which generally creates a light colored scratch it is more prominent and satisfying to the vandalist(i know the word doesn't exist)
unless he is using grease to ruin a white or a silver car !!!
now i have my doubts if i will buy black any more.
my brand new red palio around 4 years ago was a victim to vandalism when someone made swirls on my bonnet. It took countless hours and labour to polish it to a neutral but slightly visible state.
only white for me from now

Another interesting thing i noticed and have probably found a cure for vandalism.
I used to "RARELY" wash my palio(wouldn't say the same about the Camry). Well sometimes once in two months and i used to park it in the worst of worst places! and no imbecile bothered to vandalize my car!! plain because they dint want to get their hands dirty!!This is the cheapest possible solution to stop vandalism on your cars ^ ^.

Last edited by vinaydas : 12th May 2009 at 23:31.
Old 12th May 2009, 23:50   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Have just been informed by my friend that somebody has vandalised my Safari by leaving a scratch all the way down one side, apparently using a key or other such metallic object. This was INSIDE the Regional Sports Center in Cochin, and the car was taken inside specifically to avoid such incidents!!!

This is not the first time that such vandalism has occurred. Last year, someone left a similar mark on the RHS Rear panel after the car was p

I wonder if this DELIBERATE vandalism (as opposed to accidental scratches in traffic) is unique to Kerala. Do you guys come across such idiots in your respective cities as well?
hI.Steerdoid it has happened to me about 10 days ago I had gone to Star BAZAR AT ANDHERI AND TAKEN MY Accord 2.4 and was relaxed seeing safe basement paid parking but when I came back from shopping spree Isaw a continuouse deep scratch right from front mudguard till taillight looks kike someone came prepared with a sharp pointed instrument or galls piece. attendents say pls read PARKING AT OWNERS RISK I had to get it painted entire one side COST 10000/-.these guys are either having damging and disgusting natur or are mentally disturebed aand are prepared to get beaten up by the owners if caut in the act, I have seen one of them being beaten black and blue by the owner who was caught in the act.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:07   #403
Senior - BHPian

im guessing local workshop's have a hand in the scratching as they must be employing kids to do so and they charge hefty sums to get it repainted.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:47   #404

vandalism!

I am another victim of this ghastly act! Someone keyed my Sovereign blue Dzire on the 4th day. I’ve got a big cross mark (X) scratch on the bonnet and another long line stretching on both the left doors. Although I had it touched up but it didn’t make much of a difference. Still wondering if it’s worth repairing under insurance and giving up my no-claim bonus, because they look really ugly.

Has anyone tried com-paint on this color? I’ve already got mine, but I am too scared to try it on. Although did try it on a piece of metal and the color looks pretty close.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th June 2009 at 11:21. Reason: Please preview before posting, removing [Font] tags. Thanks
Old 20th June 2009, 16:24   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj_mathur2000 View Post
I am another victim of this ghastly act! Someone keyed my Sovereign blue Dzire on the 4th day. I’ve got a big cross mark (X) scratch on the bonnet and another long line stretching on both the left doors. Although I had it touched up but it didn’t make much of a difference. Still wondering if it’s worth repairing under insurance and giving up my no-claim bonus, because they look really ugly.

Has anyone tried com-paint on this color? I’ve already got mine, but I am too scared to try it on. Although did try it on a piece of metal and the color looks pretty close.
Please leave the painting part to the professionals. The shade matching (most of the times company shade), surface preparation and the painters skill required is beyond imagination which amateurs like us cant match upto.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks