Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:44   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Sometime back I saw the words "Don't park here" scratched on the boot of a Hyundai Accent passing me on the road!
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:00   #572
BHPian

Was this by any chance in Delhi? I have seen the same Accent near the domestic airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan
Sometime back I saw the words "Don't park here" scratched on the boot of a Hyundai Accent passing me on the road!
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:53   #573
Senior - BHPian

^^No, it was a red Accent, in Chennai, right in front of my home. May be two great people live in Delhi and Chennai, and think alike!
Old 4th August 2012, 01:09   #574
BHPian

For small scratches one could try the Com-paints value pack from Aeroaids corporation. The pack costs Rs. 400/- and can be bought online.This Pack consists of 1 Can of Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint(120gms),
1 Can of Com-Merge, Finishing Solvent Spray (120gms) and 1 Tube of Com-Cut (50gms) + 1 1000 No. Water Proof Emery Paper.
One can select the color from the drop down list of various car models.
Link to the site Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers
dr_anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 15:20   #575
Senior - BHPian

Talk about vandalism. I am disturbed after reading this. A lot of hard work goes into earning enough money to buy a 5 series. Poor Ayushmaan.

Film industry threatens it might have to move out of żunsafeż Mumbai | Mail Online
Old 5th August 2012, 22:56   #576
BHPian

Talking about vandalism on expensive cars, I had been to the supercar rally held this year in January. Had seen a Z4(i think) there. It had the F word scratched on the small boot it had. Don't exactly remember the car but remember the shameful word written on such a great car.
I can't understand, how some people could even think of damaging such beauties.
Old 6th August 2012, 06:21   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Talking about vandalism on expensive cars, I had been to the supercar rally held this year in January. Had seen a Z4(i think) there. It had the F word scratched on the small boot it had. Don't exactly remember the car but remember the shameful word written on such a great car.
I can't understand, how some people could even think of damaging such beauties.
Because it reminds them of what they can never be, and of the riches they will never have. And as they burn in rage, all you need is a stone or a key.

Never underestimate human jealousy.
Old 6th August 2012, 09:45   #578
Senior - BHPian

Our beloved XUV now carries a scratch mark throughout the left side from tail lamp to headlamp, courtsey some school kid or some jealous soul. Also the door corner protection guards are missing. No prize for guessing, its in Mumbai.
Old 6th August 2012, 19:40   #579
BHPian

Had parked my car outside a TATA showroom in Mira Raod. When I come out, I see a sine wave type of a scratch on the right of my car. As if some scientist kid chose my car to express his feelings to his parents. The scratch runs all the way from the driver's door to the front fender.

Two days later, I am about to get into my car and the next thing I saw made me the angry young man. Some idiot had purposely scratched both the left side doors of my car with some pointed object all the way. The scratches take the middle part of the doors and are quite deep to be removed with sand paper. You guys can imagine how bad they might be when one does it purposefully. Both the left side doors have been made a scene.

The feeling at that time was that if the person had appeared in front of me, I would surely have been jailed for a murder.
Old 6th August 2012, 20:49   #580
BHPian

I was in Goa on holidays and parked my 11 month old Cruze car (then) at Mira beach designated parking lot around the rounabout. When I came after an hour, was horrified to see both left doors had deep scratch all over the panels. It was apparently done with a sharp stone.

It just runined rest of day for my family, looks like this pleassure is something these saddist guys were looking forward from vandalism and getting of this long thread episode.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:10   #581
Senior - BHPian

Last month, I parked our Swift for about 2 hours inside hotel Lalit Ashok. I came back home and saw that someone who clearly needs help left a lot of scratches with some blunt object on the rear bumper, the tail gate and the rear fender.

The marks on the tailgate are deep. I am wondering about com-paint touchup spray. Blazing Red is available in the website, but how will be the colour match?

I am very finicky about colour match and for good or bad, I can make out most repaints. Most authorized body shops make a mess of it except for a few VWs which I have seen. Wondering what to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-optimizedp1040115.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-optimizedp1040116.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-optimizedp1040119.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-optimizedp1040120.jpg  

Old 7th August 2012, 14:57   #582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The marks on the tailgate are deep. I am wondering about com-paint touchup spray. Blazing Red is available in the website, but how will be the colour match?
Sorry to see the vandal(s) at work. ComPaint is a generic and will never give you a perfect match. Modern paints not only require the perfect colour but also the undercoats should be the same. For colour match, they normally do a computer match with a panel (normally the filler lid). Best is to try and find the brand of paint used by your car manufacturer and then go to a place which uses the same brand. A good A.S.S. should work, at least in my Honda I cannot catch the repaint.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:29   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Best is to try and find the brand of paint used by your car manufacturer and then go to a place which uses the same brand. A good A.S.S. should work, at least in my Honda I cannot catch the repaint.
But repainting at the A.S.S. would typically involve the entire panel and cost a bomb, wouldn't it?
Old 7th August 2012, 18:01   #584
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the scratches on the swift, It seems from your pictures that they are not deep. I mean only the top clear coat seems damaged. If this is the case, you may use a generic scratch remover and use buffing/rotatory polishing from any car cleaner. Most of your scratches (almost 90-95%) should go. Cheers!!
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 18:18   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Last month, I parked our Swift for about 2 hours inside hotel Lalit Ashok. I came back home and saw that someone who clearly needs help left a lot of scratches with some blunt object on the rear bumper, the tail gate and the rear fender.

I am very finicky about colour match and for good or bad, I can make out most repaints. Most authorized body shops make a mess of it except for a few VWs which I have seen. Wondering what to do.
It is really distressing to note that each and every car owner's worst nightmare is vandalism. This should be a wake-up call for car manufacturers in India to step up the surface paint technology to scratch-proof paints. Or on the other hand, maybe they can provide retail sales of the same paint shades in handy containers which can probably be sprayed over the affected area. Is anyone in the car co's gallery listening ? Or will they continue to toe the "raat gayi baat gayi" line as far as car sales are concerned. After all, after-sales-service determines brand loyalty too. Let's realise, we cannot control external factors like kids, vandals etc. But surely there has to be a solution to this menace. Over to the car cos.....

Most Viewed