Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2013, 23:21   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Thanks for the concern.

I did not have the mood to click pics, talk about our love for cars, I slept hardly for 3 hours last night and had any food after around twenty hours only this afternoon. Was busy getting the car to move and sorting these rascals out. I would post the video tomorrow as I need to convert it first.

Am looking at damage worth atleast 20k.

Those imbeciles are mostly 7th 8th grade types.
I totally understand how you feel! I was soo angry and sad I used to keep visiting the car every 2-3 hours just to check on it.
This is how I felt when it happened to my car.

Talk to the parents and ask them to cover the expense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
It may be less if you claim insurance and ask the parents to pay the non-insured / deductible amount. Children do make mistakes and one bad apple may lead others down a bad road. Legal action may tarnish them for life and forgiving them may help them realise what could have happened. If they go to the same school, speaking to their counsellor may help. Given our culture most parents do come own heavily on children without realising long term damages. The children will thank you one day for taking the higher road.
Not asking him to press charges but when you confront the parents who are not willing to cover the expenses for the damages caused by their young ones a good layer/cop along with you will "help" ease the tension.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:57   #662
Senior - BHPian

File a FIR and make a case against the juvinile deliquients, ensure that they are sent to a remand home for a while. This should take care of their antics in the future.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:14   #663
BHPian

In this case, what I feel, is that if the parents regret this act of their students, they should pay up.

If possible, with the help of police and the parents, a visit by police to their home and some strong words by the police may be a lesson well taught to them. Ofcourse, all this with the parent's help and understanding.

Sending them to remand home may have a very bad effect on their life throughout and may be too harsh a punishment for these kiddies.

I am in no way justifying their deed, but we should anyhow spare a thought for their future life. A police complaint registered in their name can be a black dot for life.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:25   #664
Senior - BHPian

@DRIV3R: My heart goes out to you man, I'm saddened to hear your ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
File a FIR and make a case against the juvinile deliquients, ensure that they are sent to a remand home for a while. This should take care of their antics in the future.
+1

We all know what the so called juveniles are capable of (refer umpteen rape cases). They need to be taught a lesson and a solid one at that.

File an FIR as soon as possible or at least approach the police to see their viewpoint, click pics of all the damage and see if you can get the CCTV recording as a copy in your own hands. Involving the cops is based on my hope that our "honest" cops would be able to extract something beyond your damage related expenses. Depending on how the parents take it, you may not even need to pursue the case towards getting them reprimanded as the parents after shelling out this sum of money would take care of it for sure.

If I was you though, I would rather pay the cops and ensure that these morons get the treatment they deserve.

Afterwards, get a CCTV for your asset's protection because those morons may strike again, investing 10k for peace of mind over the next so many years is definitely recommended!
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:27   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post

Sending them to remand home may have a very bad effect on their life throughout and may be too harsh a punishment for these kiddies.

I am in no way justifying their deed, but we should anyhow spare a thought for their future life. A police complaint registered in their name can be a black dot for life.
They should have thought about the consequence before committing the crime. An apt punishment will not only serve them right, also serve justice to our forum member, and act as a warning to other juvenile delinquent and stop them before committing crimes.
In India we have been going soft on criminals for too long now. Police are crying hoarse asking people to come and register complaints against crime, its time we do so.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:30   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I would disagree. I think it is a crime, and the law should take its course. If the court deem they should be punished, well, tough luck, they deserved it. It can work both ways, may change their lives for good or bad. How the aftermath of this incident changes them depends on how their upbringing was, and how the parents view and react to all this.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:12   #667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...thanks to imbecile street kids with whom I had an arguement before due to their playing and damaging my car.
What was the argument about, how did it go and how did it end?

Quote:
I did not have the mood to click pics
CLICK A LOT OF PICTURES RIGHT AWAY!!

This will be useful when you move forward with any legal action or insurance. Even if you don't plan to take any legal action, please take some good pics ASAP as a backup.

Quote:
...with atleast 10 guys doing a well planned job.
This is good news - simply because 10 kids = 10 families = total repair cost split 10 ways!

It might be much easier to get each family to pay 2k each, rather than if it was just 1 kid responsible ( = 20k from just one family).

Also, I'm guessing the cost will be a lot more than 20k. 4 damaged tyres themselves add up to 10+ k.

Here's a good free video converter : LINK. Do upload the video soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
Children do make mistakes and one bad apple may lead others down a bad road.
Agreed here.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd May 2013 at 11:15.
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:42   #668
BHPian

First of all, my above statement was based on the view that the parents knew that their child was wrong and regretted their actions, as well as were ready to pay up for their crime. If this is not the case, then my above sentence stands no meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
They should have thought about the consequence before committing the crime. An apt punishment will not only serve them right, also serve justice to our forum member, and act as a warning to other juvenile delinquent and stop them before committing crimes.
I agree with your views, but what if they did so without the knowledge of their parents due to the influence of some spoiled brat. I have seen children tempting other children to go on a wrong path, and there is a age where the child does that without thinking and asking parents as well.
I am not suggesting for no punishment at all. They have committed a mistake and they do deserve the punishment. Just saying that the punishment be apt considering the state of mind of the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
How the aftermath of this incident changes them depends on how their upbringing was, and how the parents view and react to all this.
That's what I intend to say. The parents do have a major role in this. If, they are still taking the side of their kids, God help them and I would suggest our member to file a strong case against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I would disagree. I think it is a crime, and the law should take its course. If the court deem they should be punished, well, tough luck, they deserved it. It can work both ways, may change their lives for good or bad.
I respect your views sir, but some children have a mentality which may make them cause more harm to our member after the incident. Anyways, they did this act because of a prior argument between them and our member.
My only point, before taking any action, the state of mind of the kids need to be changed and brought away from these kind of activities.
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:59   #669
BHPian

My precious car fresh out of a paint job was scratched all over by kids playing in the apartment.
The problem here is the parents encourage the kids to play around the cars so that some damage is caused to the car.
Not everyone owns a car but everyone has more than 1 kid.
Neighbors envy owner gets a scratched car.
The car is at the mercy of these kids and their low life parents.
You have no other option but plan for the next paint job sooner than argue with people of that mental make up.
There should be some automated robot which just kicks this people as soon as they touch it.
There was a neighbor whose i10 had A,B,C,D...Z written clockwise all around the car.
That poor soul lived with it and the people who did it lived happily ever after.
Old 4th May 2013, 17:57   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
My precious car fresh out of a paint job was scratched all over by kids playing in the apartment.
The problem here is the parents encourage the kids to play around the cars so that some damage is caused to the car.
Not everyone owns a car but everyone has more than 1 kid.
Neighbors envy owner gets a scratched car.
We had a similar situation in our apartment, it involved a neighbor and a family which lived in the next building in the same complex. My neighbor used to park his car in his spot below the next building and the other family kids used to play around his car, and damaged it inspite of umpteen warnings, nither the kids stopped their roughplay nor were the parents bothered. When my neighbor made his pet dog do its business on the family scooter's floor board for two days, did the family get the strong message and stopped their antics.
As the old hindi saying goes Laato ke bhoot baato se nahi mante/ghosts of kicks dont listen to words.. so be it
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 23:14   #671
Senior - BHPian

I understand what one goes through. Living in colonies is really hard. For a while years back, my family used to live in a defense colony with several apartment blocks (this was when I was about 11-13 years old) and I had my cycle's brake lines ripped, my father's car scratched, and several little parts stolen until eventually one day someone stole my cycle. Later on I realized how ugly jealousy can make a person when I found out that one of my friends was also part of this, a few people used to envy almost everything I had. The thing is though that kids do not have the ability to think forward and end up doing things they regret; years later when I visited all my old friends there, I saw the guy and he came up and apologized to me.
Simply talk to the parents and don't try anything severe maybe get the families to give their kids a lecture and pay up.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 4th May 2013 at 23:18.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 00:21   #672
BHPian

Well this happened a few years ago, my aunt had parked her red ikon in a small lane next to her office in Pune (where everyone used to park). One day she parked the ikon infront of a carpenter's shop, now this guy told her to move the car as his shop was blocked by the car,but my aunt argued stating that it was a legal parking zone and she left. When she came back after a few hours she noticed two double-line deep scratches across the hood and this carpenter had also hammered long nails into the key holes of the ikon(it had octagonal key hole shape). On seeing this my aunt picked up a huge fight with this guy and all he told my aunt was,"this had better teach you a lesson!! next time when I ask you not to park here you better not " my aunt had to spend quite a lot changing those locks. As far as I remember she took him to task and taught him a lesson. And yeah he had made those huge scratches using the nail remover thingie in the hammer.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 03:29   #673
Senior - BHPian

Hearing loads depressing things like these and experiencing similar things myself, I'm planning on getting a shocking device in order to deter such low lifers!(which will arm after remote locking and unarm after remote unlocking)

In the mean time, I strongly advise people to use car covers!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 5th May 2013 at 03:32.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 07:07   #674
Senior - BHPian

Its a great thing that you were able to catch them red handed. Now play it to their parents and make them pay.
If they refuse, file a police complaint and upload the video on youtube. You can even take it to the press, local papers and others like bangalore/mumbai mirror and paste the clippings all across the society.This would do good on behalf of all owners of cars who have faced this kind of criminal behavior.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 10:44   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What was the argument about, how did it go and how did it end?
It was not an arguement per se, these kids were once seen standing on the hood of my car and fiddling with the wipers. Imagine a kid with foot size 8 doing this. I got a dent on the hood, and I blasted them right away. Do not play near the car and if I see you doing anything near the car again, I am dealing with your parents.

The other day, they made a dent on the RR door when an object they were playing with landed on my car on New Years eve. Same round of advice followed to these imbecile morons.

I was in fact nice to them, if it were any one else(who loves his cars), they have got a tight slap right there on these ocassions. Being timid is not going to help in this society. These morons have even requested me once to park my car elsewhere so that they could continue their game and I took pains to find an other temporary place and then came and parked here later.

Quote:
This is good news - simply because 10 kids = 10 families = total repair cost split 10 ways!

It might be much easier to get each family to pay 2k each, rather than if it was just 1 kid responsible ( = 20k from just one family).
This is not happening. The kids parents are arrogant and irresponsible. Not a single rupee from them for the open crime they committed. And since I am a minority against the whole group of wrong people, they are starting to cook up stories like I threatened them and hence they did this blah blah.

Quote:
Also, I'm guessing the cost will be a lot more than 20k. 4 damaged tyres themselves add up to 10+ k.
Definitely. I have spent 25k on four new tyres. I thought that the tyre was just deflated but these guys had punctured the sidewalls with the same object with which they did the scratches.

Quote:

Here's a good free video converter : LINK. Do upload the video soon.
Rehaan, I downloaded it, it is not recognizing the video format I have. It is in .irf format. I tried uploading it directly to youtube but finally after upload I get a failure message. Anyone can help me with conversion?

My poor car took a lot of beating from these s*itheads, I almost cry everytime I see the video. They punch the tyres with their compass, scratch body panels, windscreen, headlamp with the same, run from a distance and kick the car many times, and tear off my Sport decals. My Bridgestone MY02 tyres had just done 6k kms and my car is just 3 months old. I was keeping her in top notch condition. Just that morning got her detailed. Imagine the pain and agony. This is an unfair world where-in a victim is unable to take legal action due to various reasons though he has the evidence of crime and knows the group involved.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks