Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 12:12   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

I have grounded the car now in my hometown and using my bike for commute till I find a new place to live. Peace of mind is paramount, these imbeciles may even burn down the car and deny it.

Here are few pics. They are of average quality and out of focus. Notice the dent caused by kicking on the FR door panel in the long-shot pic. There are 5 dents of same type on the hood and one more on the hatch door.

Last 3 pics show how she was a week back!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-dsc02071.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02072.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02073.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02074.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02075.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02076.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02077.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02078.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02079.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02080.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02081.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02082.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02083.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02084.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02085.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02086.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02087.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02088.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02089.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02090.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc02091.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-20130424_115906.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-20130424_112254.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-20130424_112146.jpg  

DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 12:32   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I was in fact nice to them, if it were any one else(who loves his cars), they have got a tight slap right there on these occasions. Being timid is not going to help in this society.
Being nice doesn't help anymore in this country it seems. My heart goes out for you buddy. I too once have been a victim of these kind of morons and do fees what it takes to see your loved thing is such a state.

Quote:
This is not happening. The kids parents are arrogant and irresponsible. Not a single rupee from them for the open crime they committed. And since I am a minority against the whole group of wrong people, they are starting to cook up stories like I threatened them and hence they did this blah blah.
At first, I thought that as you have the video proof of the act, the parents must be having courtesy and senses to atleast accept the fault and pay for the damages, but the mentality of some cheap people always surprises me!
Haven't you filed a FIR? Do that and show these cheap irresponsible folks the law. If the police is not ready to help, I guess more knowledgeable BHPians would be of more help to you.

Quote:
Definitely. I have spent 25k on four new tyres. I thought that the tyre was just deflated but these guys had punctured the sidewalls with the same object with which they did the scratches.

Just that morning got her detailed. Imagine the pain and agony. This is an unfair world where-in a victim is unable to take legal action due to various reasons though he has the evidence of crime and knows the group involved.
Feel very very sad for this and all the more for taking the sides of those parents in my earlier posts. Realizing how wrong I was and how cheap people can be.

Quote:
I have grounded the car now in my hometown and using my bike for commute till I find a new place to live. Peace of mind is paramount, these imbeciles may even burn down the car and deny it.
I would advise you to fight them out and get justice as you have all the proofs you need and they don't have any. It might be a long procedure, but these morons need to be showed the way.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 12:39   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

DRIV3R, if the parents are not budging even after you showing them the video, then you have all the rights to file a police complaint against the kids using the video recording the the primary evidence!

Also tell the parents that you will file a complaint against the kids and it will affect their future lives in terms of getting passport/visa, visiting the other countries etc. Tell them paying up the damage is better than all problems which their kids will face in their future life! If they still lend a deaf ear to you then just go ahead and file a complaint. Once the police officer knocks at their doorstep they will get back to their senses and then the tables will be turned in your favor! They might even ask you to withdraw the complaint and agree to pay the damage amount!
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 13:10   #679
Senior - BHPian

It is shocking to hear that the parents aren't cooperating You should not have to move I am sure there are community meetings where you live and can bring this up there. You MUST file a complaint and have the police follow up on this. If you have tried warning them twice and this is what they did, you should not give in. The parents are making accusations against you, give them something to fear then. Bring the Cops into this matter and threaten them saying if they don't pay up, you will not give up the case and will also show the video to the principal of the schools these children go to.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th May 2013 at 13:16.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 13:51   #680
SDP
Team-BHP Support

DRIV3R, The damage is done and can not be reversed. At the same time, letting the miscreants go scot-free is going to hurt you for a long long time.

Please go ahead and lodge a complaint with the police. Police have their own definitions of what constitues a 'damage to property'. So they might not register a FIR and you might have to settle with a NC. But even with a NC, you would get the pleasure of hauling those dimwits and their parents to the police station and the police doing at least the first set of questioning.

If you manage a FIR, nothing like it. If all you get is a NC, find any 3rd grade lawyer (read affordable) and slap notices on all those 10 parents for damages.

Also do contact a local newspaper and give them the story with a few screen-grabs. If the police are not ready to do anything, this route would help.

Please lodge a formal complaint with the society's chairman and followup.

Find out which school/college those kids go to and send a copy of your story with prints of a few screen-grabs to the Principal as well.

In general, make life miserable for everybody who did this. You might not get a single rupee as compensation, but the mental satisfaction of fighting back would be more than worth it.

PS: Finding another place to live would send the wrong message to the kids - "Its ok to damage someone's property. They would crib for some time and then move out of the locality". In a way, you would be encouraging them for doing such things again. Teach them and their parents a lesson that they would remember for a really long time. All the best.

Last edited by SDP : 5th May 2013 at 13:58.
SDP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 07:38   #681
Senior - BHPian

^^ As I said earlier, please file a FIR with the relevant proofs that you have. If police dont want to file and FIR, any lawyer should be able to help you file an FIR. Also add danger to life clause, state that the kids/teenagers willfully damaged your car, slashed your tyres and loosened your brakes, with the intention to cause accident and loss of life.
This attempt ensures lack of easy bail. Lets see how the kids and parents wriggle out of this one..
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 08:31   #682
Senior - BHPian

Agree fully with those that suggest filing an FIR. Earlier I was thinking about the possible issues to the kids due to going to the cops, but now that the parents have clearly indicated that they don't intend to reform their kids (infact the kids would be emboldened to do more such acts as they grow up, due to seeing the support of their parents). it is time you filed a complaint. No point running away for no fault of yours.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 09:19   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Refrain from posting this video online. These delinquents are juveniles.
Old 6th May 2013, 10:13   #684
Senior - BHPian

DRIV3R
My eyes popped out looking at your car How could these sad creatures do this?

Keep Multiple copies of the Video with you as evidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Refrain from posting this video online. These delinquents are juveniles.
I fail to understand what else can he do then? The parents are unwilling to pay for the damages. Why should he protect their identity?
Old 6th May 2013, 10:22   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

No talking with the parents now, just go and file an FIR. If you talk to the parents stating that you will file an FIR, they might readily cook some story again for the police, when they knock on their door. If I had been you, I would have filed an FIR if the parents had refused to pay up.
Looking by your damages, its going to cost you nothing less than 35-40K. The windshield alone would come around 8-9K including fitting.

Don't let them go scout free.
Old 6th May 2013, 10:52   #686
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone else said, file an FIR (or what ever else you can). Consult a lawyer. Threaten the parents that their kids could have a permanent police record and might have trouble getting a passport/police clearance certificate. Do the best you can but do not give up.

These morons need to be taught a lesson and so do their parents. If it was my kid, I would have been s*** scared of this and then I would have killed him/her!
Old 6th May 2013, 11:03   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
DRIV3R
I fail to understand what else can he do then? The parents are unwilling to pay for the damages. Why should he protect their identity?
He should file an FIR, and get the police, his lawyers, involved.
Posting this online may come back to haunt him, since they are underage.
Just a view.
If it were possible, I would love to see them playing this in the "aaj-tak" loop!
Old 7th May 2013, 22:18   #688
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for DRIV3R to update on the matter but I don't think he's going to take it up with the police or media. Can't we do something about it? I mean if he shares the video can't we send it to the media or use whatever connections other bhpians might have.

This is a really really sad incident and I feel very bad about not being able to do anything :(
Old 7th May 2013, 23:27   #689
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for an update too. Do hope you go all out on this; the police, lawyer, schools, you should make them realize their mistake and feel ashamed about it. They ought to either pay up and sincerely apologize or try convincing the society to have them leave not you. Bring out the guns buddy

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th May 2013 at 23:29.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 10:53   #690
Senior - BHPian

My Chevy Beat is usually parked outside on the private road in Pune. Today morning, I found one of the wipers ripped off from its base :( It's not just removed from the joint, but the die at the base of the wiper is actually broken. With monsoon at door step, I have to get a new wiper ASAP.

A silver lining is, there wasn't any other damage done to the car.

Last edited by ani_meher : 29th May 2013 at 10:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks