Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 16:30   #841
BHPian

re: Competition among cleaners led to scratches on my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
I would want to ask you a question: Why are many of us have maids at our homes to wash vessels and sweep, clean our houses? Are all of us at our homes so busy, that we can't do these simple works on our own? It would hardly take half an hour to one hour per day!
Same reasoning is with the car. In the initial days, we wash our cars and take care of it well. But as few days pass, and the love for the car wanes, and we find other more interesting things (such as a Creta launch ) in our lives. But still it is our car, and we want it to be clean right? Here is where these kids come in.
A few stats - I have been driving for the past 15 years now and never lost the desire to clean my car myself. As a matter of fact even my Dio and RX100, I attend to it myself. We do not have a maid at home and do our own chores. Again I speak only on my behalf and people can disagree.

Finally the love for car can never wane away, if it does then....(do i need to say more)
sumathindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 16:43   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
A few stats - I have been driving for the past 15 years now and never lost the desire to clean my car myself. As a matter of fact even my Dio and RX100, I attend to it myself. We do not have a maid at home and do our own chores. Again I speak only on my behalf and people can disagree.
Neither do I keep a maid, and we do our own chores! However, I find the car cleaning rather a troublesome part! I know it takes just 5 minutes to just dust off, or 15 minutes for a simple wash with plain water, but getting ourselves up to do this task is a bigger task. Its plain laziness described in different terms, I know

So far I have not let any guys for car wash, other than occasional full wash from car cleaning garages. Other times, I and do my own cleaning. But everyone cannot put up with a car gathering dust, or spend efforts to clean, right!
Old 27th August 2015, 17:11   #843
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
I would want to ask you a question: Why are many of us have maids at our homes to wash vessels and sweep, clean our houses? Are all of us at our homes so busy, that we can't do these simple works on our own? It would hardly take half an hour to one hour per day!
Same reasoning is with the car.
You can't compare cleaning a car with that of cleaning a house now, can you? Does your vessel & floor require special care? I am sure your car deserves better than that ragged old cloth dipped in that filthy bucket of water.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:17   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarthikvkn
A lot of the car owners promptly changed over to this service provider. Soon a lot of the cars (especially the new ones) bore the brunt of the fury of the disgruntled ex car cleaners. Any such weird experiences any one else has faced?
While I clean my cars myself, have heard of this happening in our community - too many car-cleaners, competition, switching from one to another makes the ex-cleaner vandalise cars.
As speedmiester correctly said, this needs to be nipped in the bud before it goes out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra
A few stats - I have been driving for the past 15 years now and never lost the desire to clean my car myself.
Same here - never used a car-cleaner in all these years, even when there was no covered parking. With covered parking, there is no need for one - just dust off the car every few days and maybe a full wash once a month or so and you are good. I hate anyone else touching my car - even if it is for cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol
I know it takes just 5 minutes to just dust off, or 15 minutes for a simple wash with plain water, but getting ourselves up to do this task is a bigger task.
One way of motivating self is to look at the car wash/clean as a calorie burning exercise.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 27th August 2015 at 17:22.
Old 27th August 2015, 17:35   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You can't compare cleaning a car with that of cleaning a house now, can you? Does your vessel & floor require special care? I am sure your car deserves better than that ragged old cloth dipped in that filthy bucket of water.
Our cars and houses both need special attention to keep them clean. Now, since we need to focus our attentions elsewhere, due to various reasons, there is the need for maids and car wash people!
( Try telling the home minister of the house that the floor and vessels does not require any special care!!)
Coming back to our cars, many of us cannot wash our own cars as quickly and efficiently as these car wash guys do, we should admit. Of course, the kind of job they do is lousy in a perfectionist's eyes, however, having the car 70% clean, using a filthy bucket of water, is better than the car gathering dust for several days!
Due to this reason, having car wash guys in apartments and upper middle class neighbourhoods, is a common practise. Since such practise to damage cars for such reasons have started, don't you think such thugs can show the same kind of attitude to the cars of the people, who want to wash their own cars as well?
In apartments such activities are common. In Bangalore, in some apartments, competing Cable / Dish operators would destroy the cables or mess up with the Antenna angles of the customers of the opposite Dish / Cable operator.
Such activities are horrible, but very difficult to catch someone while doing these and taking them to task.
Old 27th August 2015, 19:00   #846
Senior - BHPian

I might be severely OT here but an honest question - why do you guys wash your cars so often? I know none of you personally but I am going by what happens in my neighbourhood too - every car is washed every day! For me, just the amount of water wasted burns me inside.
naveenroy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:37   #847
Senior - BHPian

Yes, and apart from the water wastage, it is not only not required, but could also be counter-productive especially for cars that are not used daily, if water accumulates at some place or worse seeps in.
Old 28th August 2015, 08:15   #848
Senior - BHPian

If you want these local vandals out of your society I will suggest an easy way out. Ask your cleaning boy to clean the interior of your car once, ensure you remove all expensive goods and accessories from the car beforehand. Ensure you have witnesses when you ask the boy to clean and hand over your car keys. A day later file a police complaint that your accessory is missing and you suspect the cleaner. If a couple of you do this the cleaner Mafia will vanish quite soon.

I know the above method is unethical but that is the quickest way in dealing with organised crime.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 01:56   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Competition among cleaners led to scratches on my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
...I know the above method is unethical but that is the quickest way in dealing with organised crime.
Don't agree. There are rotten eggs everywhere. What if the guy you tried to frame is actually an honest chap? Forget about his trauma, would you ever come out of the guilty feeling?

The best way is to give a stern warning to the entire group & tell them of massive fines (from entire guys) irrespective of who did the damage. This should bring some sense into them. The ones who has lesser business wouldn't dare to do such things while guys with better business doesn't have to do such silly things.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 08:47   #850
Senior - BHPian

Re: Competition among cleaners led to scratches on my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Don't agree. There are rotten eggs everywhere. What if the guy you tried to frame is actually an honest chap? Forget about his trauma, would you ever come out of the guilty feeling?

The best way is to give a stern warning to the entire group & tell them of massive fines (from entire guys) irrespective of who did the damage. This should bring some sense into them. The ones who has lesser business wouldn't dare to do such things while guys with better business doesn't have to do such silly things.
Organised mafia will not listen to rational warnings. They are vandalising to ensure that the cleaning business remains theirs. Only way to kill a Mafia is to be as ruthless as them. If the cleaner was as innocent as projected, he shouldn't have participated in the racket, either he or his partners have caused those big scratches on the cars, they didn't appear magically.
A police case will give a legal premise for the society to ban this group. Also a day in lockup will ensure they think long and hard before committing a further crime.
I too suggest this action should be used as a last ditch resort, after all other actions have been tried.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 09:30   #851
BANNED

re: Car Vandalism!

One thing which has not been mentioned at all is the car colour. If it is Black, then it may need to be at least dusted every few hours, any dark colour need frequent cleaning, on the other hand a pastel shade can go for a far more infrequent cleaning.
Old 4th September 2015, 16:24   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This happened in early March:

A stone seemed to have been thrown from the Podium of the neighbouring building (can be seen far right). Judging by the distance and force, it clearly wasn't thrown by a kid.
The Area is under CCTV surveillance, however as the other building is cut-off, could not identify culprit.
Luckily, missed hitting anyone. Typically the area is filled with drivers and peons who sit next to the car during their break.

PS: The next day, being Holi, had kids throwing water balloons across. A stern letter to the society fixed that, but would be good to know what action can one take in the case of an unidentified miscreant from a neighbouring building.
And this incident took place again - this time the target was our beloved Laura which thankfully didn't suffer any obvious damage.

Any tips on legal remedy, given that after bringing it to the notice of the society - no action seems to have been taken. Since it is not an individual who can be identified, what steps can we take to safe guard our personnel and vehicles?
Old 7th September 2015, 09:25   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Neighbour's Envy, Owner's pride Lucky it was only a number plate and no deeper scratches!

Yesterday in the apartment basement parking I noticed someone had flicked the number plate! It's a fibre plate so a simple pull might have resulted in this. Not sure who and how but this happened to my 3 month old car!

Car Vandalism!-img_3544.jpg

We have a car wash vendor in our apartment and I have not contracted him for my car
Old 13th November 2015, 09:23   #854
Senior - BHPian

This happened yesterday.

Car Vandalism!-img_20151112_191114.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20151112_191102.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img_20151112_191126.jpg

We had stopped at a highway Dhaba for food and when we were back we saw that. I definitely has been done by someone purposefully. Doesn't look like an accident because then how come its only limited to such small area?

Anyway damage has been done. It looks like sheet metal is damaged and i will have to get the door changed.
Old 13th November 2015, 19:11   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
This happened yesterday.

I definitely has been done by someone purposefully. Doesn't look like an accident because then how come its only limited to such small area?
This looks like someone had opened the door and it has caused this dent. By any chance did you have another car parked to this side facing the opposite direction as you?

Looks like the mark has been made by the rear door bottom edge having hit into your front door panel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks