Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 21:48   #871
BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
When making a claim:

A. It is not just the NCB that one might loose in the future should be taken into account
B. Consider the excess clause under your policy
C. If a person has taken policy without "Zero Depreciation" - this clause is known by various names in various companies, then depreciation will also eat into claim amount.

Before proceeding for a claim, consider these generic factors. Case to case things could differ. Would be happy to post a separate note if needed. Cheers
Thanks! I registered a claim today to replace the headlight and repainting of fender. The guys at Abhikaran Honda were giving me a tough time but eventually agreed when I gave them a piece of my mind. I have a zero depreciation policy and the estimated cost was around 11k for the above. Do you think I made a wise decision claiming insurance? BTW, I see that you're based in Indore too, let me know if you wish to catch-up sometime. Cheers!
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 21:54   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
This happened yesterday.

We had stopped at a highway Dhaba for food and when we were back we saw that. I definitely has been done by someone purposefully. Doesn't look like an accident because then how come its only limited to such small area?

Anyway damage has been done. It looks like sheet metal is damaged and i will have to get the door changed.

That may not be vandalism. Looking closely at the images I suspect that either a cycle or a bike/scooter was parked next to your car, and it fell on the door with the handle/leg guard or some other hard metal part making a rubbing dent on your door. For a deranged vandal to make a similar dent/scratch he would have to hammer away with a stone/chisel, which is not possible without alerting others.
Old 15th December 2015, 07:28   #873
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
People who do such acts should be neutered.
Seriously I am with you in your pain.
And I completely agree that the evil people who do this kind of thing should be hung, drawn and quartered.
Nasty demons.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 18:57   #874
BHPian

Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Thanks! I registered a claim today to replace the headlight and repainting of fender. The guys at Abhikaran Honda were giving me a tough time but eventually agreed when I gave them a piece of my mind. I have a zero depreciation policy and the estimated cost was around 11k for the above. Do you think I made a wise decision claiming insurance? BTW, I see that you're based in Indore too, let me know if you wish to catch-up sometime. Cheers!
I have sent a PM to you. Would be more than glad to meet you !!
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:32   #875
Senior - BHPian

Here's taking vandalism to a whole new level. I hadn't heard or seen anything of this sort until I moved to this locality. While parking isn't an issue as there's ample of space here, people damaging other people's cars seems like an everyday thing.

What you see in the pic below is a Verna rammed from behind by a White Scorpio which then fled the spot. The Verna was parked where you see the black Quanto parked.

Car Vandalism!-img_0328.jpg

The Scorpio guy had positioned his car behind the Verna and then decided to ram it exactly in the center. The Verna dragged a good 10 meters before coming to a halt when it hit my Swift. Few hundred bucks and about an hour wasted, what a start to this week!

Car Vandalism!-img_033.jpg

A lot of people, including me, thought that it might have been a drunk driver but once I reached the spot I could make out that the car had to be positioned behind the Verna to hit it exactly in the center. Then a teenager confirmed that it was definitely a White Scorpio which had rammed it and then it fled quickly after. That guy and his friends were in the adjacent park when it had happened. While they didn't see the what exactly transpired before the actual hit, the moment they heard the loud thud they saw the Scorpio reversing the fleeing.

Just a few weeks back there was a brand new i20 which was set on fire. As you would be able to make out, it was parked very near to where this Verna incident happened yesterday night.

Car Vandalism!-img_0327.jpg
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:55   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Here's taking vandalism to a whole new level. I hadn't heard or seen anything of this sort until I moved to this locality. While parking isn't an issue as there's ample of space here, people damaging other people's cars seems like an everyday thing.
.................................................. .......................
Just a few weeks back there was a brand new i20 which was set on fire. As you would be able to make out, it was parked very near to where this Verna incident happened yesterday night.
That's just sick. Wouldn't the other car, which is the Scorpio in question also be damaged here? Wonder what the idea behind this is.

BTW, that cannot be a brand new i20 as it is the i-gen i20 and not the Elite i20.
Old 18th January 2016, 15:35   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That's just sick. Wouldn't the other car, which is the Scorpio in question also be damaged here? Wonder what the idea behind this is.
Of course the Scorpio would've taken a good damage itself but sometimes ego takes the better of people. From what I could make out, the guy did seem to have an idea as to who would've done it but chose to kept quiet for reasons better known to him. I had directed him to check out the cctv footage which is at the gate of the adjacent locality and most likely the Scorpio would've passed through the same gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
BTW, that cannot be a brand new i20 as it is the i-gen i20 and not the Elite i20.
You are right. Again, people make all sorts of stories to exaggerate things but it was a case of vandalism that's for certain.

Other stories in the same lane are of smashing all windscreens of a new Honda City. Then there was a new cab that a guy bought and all his 4 tyres damaged by stabbing the sidewalls. The same Verna seen here had both his ORVMs stolen a while ago when he used to park near the flats, not this lane (not sure whether it was some hobo or the same guys whom he might have a tiff with).

Unfortunately, not a single case has been solved from what I know. This Verna guy told me that the moment cops arrived they were like, "Another car damaged in this lane" and smiled at each other. A guy who had his new Chevy Sail keyed badly told us that we shouldn't expect anything at all from the cops side as they are mostly known to the locals.
Old 18th January 2016, 20:25   #878
Senior - BHPian

In such cases a close watch from a well hidden area with a paintball gun loaded with normal paintballs or pepperspray balls might help deter these scum permanently. I was going to suggest an air rifle but then thought of paintball gun as it is definitely not illegal since it is a sporting/recreational equipment and it certainly wont damage the cars if you miss.
Form a group and take watch in turns. You might even be able to catch or identify one of the miscreants and find out if its a single person/group or multiple ones.
Old 19th January 2016, 00:00   #879
BHPian

Psychos!! Psychos!! everywhere. I can't imagine how retarded can one be so as to set fire or damage a car intentionally. These people definitely do have the mental capability to become serial killers!!!!
Old 19th January 2016, 01:31   #880
BHPian

I am surprised to see the Verna. The Scorpio would have had a bull bar at front and would have suffered considerably less damage. Both look like parking fights to me.

I also belong to a similar extreme locality, where people are jealous of each other. There was a crazy Duster owner who had a bull bar with spikes (i.e. welded large tow-hook like metal parks on either side) and used to damage cars every now and then if he had an argument with neighbours. He used to drive close and the spikes used to tear through the other car's metal. And explanation given "Gaadi road pe hai toh thukegi" (Car will get damaged if it is parked on the road). Thankfully he moved from the place last year.

Similarly there are kids who once folded my car's number plate entirely. One neighbour raised voice against this, scolded one kid and was arrested next day on charges of kidnap (by the child's parents).
Old 20th February 2016, 10:59   #881
BHPian

Someone did this to the untouched rear of mine, 4 marks made by a key mostly near the logo. I am speechless at what to say, didn't even feel like complaining to the security guys. Ask the car cleaner and he says some guy must have done it, referring to a competitor maybe.Went through the same phases as all here, Angst, denial and acceptance. Hope it gave the person peace and satisfaction he wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-20160220_102731.jpg  

Last edited by AppyS : 20th February 2016 at 11:02.
Old 20th February 2016, 13:02   #882
BHPian

My uncle's maroon colour Wagon R's bonnet was converted into a playing board by the kids in my complex. They had made a X&0 table along with a points chart for both the players.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:07   #883
BHPian

Over the past few days, my Jazz has been vandalized. First on the right side someone scratchedvthe car. Then berween yesterday night 10:00pm and today morning, the left side became the victim. And as a bonus, twisted and broke the rear wiper. Will post pictures later. Feeling absolutely annoyed.
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:45   #884
BHPian

Vandalism!

Request to mods: If possible, merge the photos with my earlier post on my Honda Jazz being vandalized. Am absolutely annoyed. Y'day I also lodged a complaint with the Township Society. Let me see what happens. Also thinking of a car cam and an external cam around the parking and to nail the fellow who does this.

The rear wiper broken

Car Vandalism!-broker-rear-wiper.jpg

Car Vandalism!-left-side-1.jpg

Car Vandalism!-right-side-1.jpg

Car Vandalism!-right-side-3.jpg

Car Vandalism!-right-side-6.jpg

Car Vandalism!-right-side-7.png

Old 4th April 2016, 15:22   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
+1

I generally avoid taking the car to T'Nagar for shopping, and will use the train or a taxi instead. When I do take my family there by car, I always go a bit out of the way and park in one of the quieter streets and by lanes, and we take an auto for ~ Rs 40.00 from there. Return trip to the car costs the same, but if there was a paid parking lot, we will pay Rs 100.00 any way so it does not matter.

I always park it as unobtrusively as possible, and leave a sheet of paper with my mobile number under the wiper blade, just in case.
I avoid going to T Nagar during the festival season - but go if I must, I take a cab ride or an auto. If for any reason that is not possible, I drop my family off and look around a less crowded spot like the parking space before the Vani Mahal flyover and do not mind walking down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks