Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 18:45   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
did a routine inspection of our merc today and i was shocked.
There are small minor deep scratches on the car.
Everywhere you look, you'll see a scratch.
Got me quite mad.
Old 31st March 2007, 19:03   #182
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Godfather : Get an alarm system with touch sensor! You could even get something cover the beast but then putting it on and taking it off every morning will be a hassle.
Old 31st March 2007, 21:23   #183
Team-BHP Support

WE are in double mind of buying a new car because our neighbours kid(13-15 years old demented brat) is a big danger. When I went to US, the car was parked here because wife was here. Wrote explitives on the car bonnet with a blade.
I somehow know its him, but no proof.
The new car will have a dedicated cover, but such jerks don't think twice before cutting through covers too.

Done anyone publish books about how to get rid of delinquent children permanently? I miss pandher
Old 31st March 2007, 21:35   #184
BHPian

Yes this is a sick thing to do. I remember when I was in grade 7th or 8th our family got its first car. Since my dad wasn't experinced at driving he used to live the car in the flats. And two days later there was a BIG ugly mark on the dikie. Even when we used the car cover it was of no use. Somebody friggin tore the cover.
Old 1st April 2007, 00:26   #185
Senior - BHPian

After readfing all those accounts of vandalism i am very happy that here in chandigarh it is to its minimum but have faced it

We got our new NHC in 2004 october 21(i remembere it as it was my dads b'day gift from himself) my dad got the car parked in the driveway only half way in as he went inside to call all of us out because he wanted to show us the car it was a surprise

when we came out our neighbour had smashed the main gate(it really heavy) into our car and he was running and smiling and getting into his house

i went running and looked and was shocked the rear bumper tail light and some part of the rear quater panel all bent and broken at his time the car was only .30 mins old

my dad was shocked and he told me not to do anything rite now. but later on in the morning i had my driver back into thier m800 with our qualis (steel bumper hehehehe) but i don't recommend it but i did it out pure frustation was so mad

how people are jealous of other people cars if you cann't buy one don't spoil the others person

later on when we got our civic few days later we found a small broom like thing under one tyre after that the car started having minor accdent dailly later on we got a pandit and he told us that a charm had been cast on the car and its better to get rid of it before something big happened
we sold her out and our dear neighbour was to happy to see it go she thought we sold it because of finacial problem but later on when we got the laura the same day you should have seen the look on her face i would pay to see that look again

now we have a black rope like thing on all our cars it helps

and i always tell our gaurd to watch the car when they are parked outside our house

i all way keep a slugger in my car as you don't know went it may come handy

Last edited by manikjeet : 1st April 2007 at 00:30.
Old 1st April 2007, 00:58   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Done anyone publish books about how to get rid of delinquent children permanently? I miss pandher
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Tanveer that was just cruel!!!
Old 1st April 2007, 01:40   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Well i do not publish any book but yeah i have just scared the $hit out of such a kid yesterday when he broke the front wind shield playing cricket (the next sachin)... Damn we can't prove it was him but he was the only one playing there as we were at backyard at the time it happened. And we asked him he has just refused as said "i was playing with a tennis ball" wearing cricket PADS wow!!! Well can't even complain his dad as the whole family is mental case and no one kinds talks to them due their ignorant behavior. $@#%^&

Plus a lot of people (specially kids) have habits that when they walk they rub their hands car all over and the magic hey cast is scratches on the car...

One more incident i remember. We were at a marriage ans some drunk punks scratched all the mirrors of our cars. Have to get them replaced specially the front / rear and left sides. Driver one also had scratches but only 1 or 2.

Last edited by abhibh : 1st April 2007 at 01:48.
Old 1st April 2007, 02:48   #188
BHPian

Thats the most important reason i have started to love my ambassador after i bought a fiat adventure. Nobody cares to hurt an amby these days, total peace of mind even in worst situations.
Old 1st April 2007, 16:44   #189
BHPian

Had an arguement with a bunch of guys the other night for parking in front of the gate and disappearing. Well i thought all was settled but when i came down in the morning by bonnet had white asian paint splaterred all over it.
Old 1st April 2007, 17:37   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
Had an arguement with a bunch of guys the other night for parking in front of the gate and disappearing. Well i thought all was settled but when i came down in the morning by bonnet had white asian paint splaterred all over it.
Well, did you park in front of their gate, or the other way round?
Old 1st April 2007, 17:57   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
I too had to face something like this some time back and the worst thing is that you feel everything is settled but actually it isnt believe me i 've stopped arguing with the boys cos unfort that is the only way left th us ...
Old 1st April 2007, 22:16   #192
BHPian

An what do we do about damage caused by neighbours Pets

OK Here is my case - not sure how to handle it.
My neighbours have cats as their pets. These cats are in our compound at nights. They sit on my bike and my wife's bike. They have badly damaged the seats of both the bikes with their nails. I beleive cats have the habit of scratching the surface with their paws. They have damaged the roof of my Fiesta. Scratches on top of the car. Luckily nothing on the windsheild and the bonnet because I saw footprint on the windsheild and the bonnet. I started covering the car when parked inside all the time. Now they've torn the cover of the car. Still using the same cover.
I've tried telling the neighbours but they said it is not their cat which is causing the damage, but other cats around. Even if what he says is true the other cats come in because of his cats. We never had cats around until this neighbour moved in 6 months ago. This is really furstrating.
When ever I go home at nights I see the cat sitting on either my bike or my wife's bike or on the car.
This is getting to my nerves. And the very casual and irresponsible response of my neighbour. It is just irritating
Old 1st April 2007, 22:31   #193
Senior - BHPian

One of the unintented advantages of Teflon coating is that it makes the numbnuts think that they have made a deep scratch on the car, as it leaves a white streak which disappears after a wash
Old 1st April 2007, 22:39   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
One of the unintented advantages of Teflon coating is that it makes the numbnuts think that they have made a deep scratch on the car, as it leaves a white streak which disappears after a wash
And i thought one should avoid Teflon after reading some threads here..
Old 1st April 2007, 22:46   #195
Senior - BHPian

My car has been scratched like hell just because i advice people parking right in front of my reserved parking to move their cars to a better place. left, right & centre, there are marks made out by keys & stuff. I am seriously thinking of installing cctv in my garage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks