Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:43   #256
Team-BHP Support

Sorry about this riju. I know how much it pains to see such vandalism on your property. Bangalore does seem to have a lot of this problem.

You want a security cam? No issues. Should cost around 10-15k. There are big brands like Zicom, Godrej etc who are into security devices. These cameras are connected to a PC in which you can always monitor event live as well as record it. A typical thing people do is they install a secondary hard-disk of huge size (say 250gb) and store the action in it. You can review the day's events and then back it up and delete (or just delete).

P.S. : Here you go... start here... Electronics, Home & Office, Security, gifts in india at rediff shopping

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd June 2007 at 15:50.
Old 3rd June 2007, 16:23   #257
Senior - BHPian

cheap_deal , I am planning to install the camera at the window in my room.My room is on the 1st floor of the house so I guess installing the same will give me a full top view.
Had a word with my friend who has installed a video cam' at his place for the same purpose.You were right it does 8 hrs of recording.

Zappo thanks for that. I did call Zicom already after watching their adv' on TV. They have a range of products with prices starting from 1k to abt 20k.
One of their rep's will be coming home tomorrow.
Zicom Products : Zicom - Product Information

Also am planning on installing door sensors from Autocop.
I don't know how effective are the door sensors, but for the moment I need them.

edit : I still wonder what pleasure some creeps derive from vandalizing others property

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 3rd June 2007 at 16:33.
Old 3rd June 2007, 17:54   #258
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69
Looks like it took place sometime between 3am and 8am today morning and hence no one in my area has seen it also.
All the more reason why you should join us for the late night drives. Reaching home at 5am would save you those two hours. Plus seeing the car being driven at 5 will deter most from making noise around it.

Are you sure this didn't happen at the concert? On a more serious note if you do catch him give me a call. I will be glad to join in. Will be glad to just sit on that culprit and make sure he doesn't repeat this ever in his life .
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:27   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure this didn't happen at the concert?
Rahul no man, I had parked the car in my friends company parking and walked up to the venue from Sankey Road side.
Also I came home last night and covered the car before going to sleep.

Well an update, the kids from my lane confessed or rather say betrayed their friend.Believe it or not , was 7/8 year old kid(girl) from my area.

Kids say, they were cycling in our lane at about 7am in the morning.Thats when this so called Lady Jane(kid) decided let me lay my hands on something and found my poor car.

She used a blade initially to cut the cover and then used a bi-cycle spoke which had come of her bi-cycle to make the deep gash.

Saddist that she is .I wanted to beat the crap outta her..

Dont ask me why they cycle so early. They are the worst of the lot and are on the roads as early as 6 sometimes during vacations.

To cut the story short, I couldn't do anything other than advice the little girl and tell her folks of her deed.

For the compensation part dad says let go of it and don't ask them for any money.How worse can something can get and end of the day you need to pay from your pockets ..

Now am left with a damaged rear door,quarter panel or whatever it is called and ripped car cover bght from MGA.

I thght boys(kids) are notorious when it came to such things ,here we have a classic example of a girl going berserk and vandalizing cars.

Wonder what these kids are taught at home and school..Vandalize ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 3rd June 2007 at 21:29.
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:34   #260
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you ask them for compensation. Is there any way you can file a police case or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dont ask me why they cycle so early. They are the worst of the lot and are on the roads as early as 6 sometimes during vacations.
Don't trust people who get up so early, more so on holidays.
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:42   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you ask them for compensation. Is there any way you can file a police case or something?
Akshay I would really want to dude, but dad is reluctant,said let go off it and made it very clear.For the money I need to spend on the car now, I could have bght my car a Free flow setup or a nice amp.

Now going to the cops doesn't really help dude, just that I don't want this incident to have a bad affect on the kid .She realized her mistake and apologized.
Old 3rd June 2007, 22:03   #262
Senior - BHPian

Riju..!!
I know it really hurts when such things happen. Similar thing happened to my Baleno also, only difference was that the cyclist was a 8 year old boy in my case.
The damage is here n still there. Planning to get rid of it by dry denting.
Old 3rd June 2007, 22:17   #263
BHPian

smash her cycle up

kidding
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:11   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
smash her cycle up
That was hilarious!!!!
Old 4th June 2007, 10:53   #265
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car, Riju. The gal apologizing after the crime is not a big deal. Wonder what she would do to her spouse later on if he doesnt agree to something.

Vandalism of a more monor sort on my car as shown in the pic below. Someone has removed one of the numbers from the number plate of my car (the rear). This is not a one person job, but its like episodes. First attempt was made by some maniac at the Big Bazaar parking lot (old Madras road), which i noticed only after i got home. Second in the series i dont remember exactly where it happened. This is what it looks like now. Some dirt has gotten stuck where the sticker was peeled off, and so some semblance to the actual number when viewed from afar.

Old 4th June 2007, 11:10   #266
Senior - BHPian

Whats it with girls on bicycles and Balenos ?

A girl (15 years or so) in our apartment complex hit my car with her cycle, leaving a 3-inch tear on the car cover and a gash of the same size on the front right side.

Was mad when I saw it. Deflated her cycle tyres, and told her that the next time she cycles inside the complex (not allowed as per association rules), I will put her cycle in the boot of my car and dump it some place far away.

God, it still pains, even after a week.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:10   #267
gps

My Palm green Xeta recieved a scratch on her second night. I know you all can understand how bad it felt. Its my first car..

anyway.... as far as preventing goes.. I think I have a method, but it might have practical implications.

Have anyone of you recieved a static-shock when you disembark from your cars? Well.. I recieve these shocks a lot, and thats the idea... It will be really easy to charge your car body to a high voltage, and leave it, for safety from touch-happy people. Its also possible to have a charging system inside the car, which keeps refreshing the voltage, whenever it has decayed out!
Anyone touching it will recieve a generous shock.. and will repent coming near the car!!
Side effects which might arise from this: people coming close to car (not touching) might also recieve a shock, which might be favorible

Problems which might arise: Some people might get seriously effected by the shock, which includes fibrilation (or whatever thats called!!) which might also result in death.. (low probability).

Now.. if deat is acceptable (to me, it is.. to govt.. it might not), we can, rather than giving shock, sense the touch, and using a gun mounted inside car, shoot the culprit.. I dont mind spending some small amount of money in replacing windshield/window glass, compared to >25k for whole body paint

Waiting for your views
-GPS
Old 4th June 2007, 23:39   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
..Wonder what she would do to her spouse later on if he doesnt agree to something.
Thats a 7 yr old kid right now. She's got another 43 yrs to get a spouse - which if she doesnt, Riju the-then unwizened old man will chuckle abt with his mirror.
Old 14th April 2008, 20:54   #269
BHPian

Some $#$@#$ forcefully removed and stole the Mercedes logo on my new C class (attached at the back). This @#@#@# had also caused some deep scratches near the logo.

All this happened when I had parked in garuda mall, bangalore.

Even though it cost me 400 bucks to replace the logo, I hope he dies of cancer and rots in hell
Old 14th April 2008, 21:37   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr21 View Post
Some $#$@#$ forcefully removed and stole the Mercedes logo on my new C class (attached at the back). This @#@#@# had also caused some deep scratches near the logo.

All this happened when I had parked in garuda mall, bangalore.

Even though it cost me 400 bucks to replace the logo, I hope he dies of cancer and rots in hell
That's real bad. Didnt you talk to the security?

and the logo costs just 400Rs?

Most Viewed