Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 19:01   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Have just been informed by my friend that somebody has vandalised my Safari by leaving a scratch all the way down one side, apparently using a key or other such metallic object. This was INSIDE the Regional Sports Center in Cochin, and the car was taken inside specifically to avoid such incidents!!!

This is not the first time that such vandalism has occurred. Last year, someone left a similar mark on the RHS Rear panel after the car was parked at a wedding.

I wonder if this DELIBERATE vandalism (as opposed to accidental scratches in traffic) is unique to Kerala. Do you guys come across such idiots in your respective cities as well?
DUDE!! you know the chittor road opposite of padma movie place.. so heres the thing > my dad owns a quails and a santro(you should see it now all those scratches, Makes it look like a vinyl), he parks it in his own property which is very wide and fenced and still manages to get long drawing/sratches NOW THATS ABSURD

Mods note: Use punctuation properly. Use upper case to start a sentence.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd June 2008 at 08:09.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:45   #287
rippergeo

have you noticed?its usually new, sparkling,well maintained cars that are targeted.
I keep mine as dirty as possible when there is a possibility that it needs to be parked in an uprotected place.

a dirty hatchback evokes much less jealousy than a spanking new sedan/SUV

PS- the car is not kept dirty expressly for the above pupose.
that is mainly because I'm too lazy to wash 3 cars every 2 days.

Old 1st June 2008, 23:33   #288
BHPian

/me too have been victim of such vandalism. Twice. And inside our apartment. First time it happened, blasted the security, polished it using 3M finnese-it and decided to move on with life. After 3 months, most probably the same bas%$#@* struck last week again. This time the scratches are longer and deeper. And this time I have a neighbor to share the pain with, his 1-week old i10 got a similar treatment.

Instead of shouting in vain, I am thinking what to do. I have a autocop cobra remote entry, but it doesn't have impact sensor; so I may have to upgrade it so that someone touches the door when armed, it makes some noise to alert the security.

Second is probably too ridiculous an idea, and can't be done still I get my car PC up; which is to have a webcam mounted on inside roof, which gets activated by impact sensors, and take a snap of the offender.

Kousik
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:15   #289
BHPian

Grill of my ikon broken

The front grill of my paprika red ikon was broken when parked in a locked garage and surprise!! surprise!! the lock was not broken...

The story goes like this... we were staying in a remote but peaceful colony in Bangalore. One fine (should i say bad!) day, BWSSB work started and they dug up the one and only road leading to our colony. Driving daily through this was a pain in the a**. So we decided to move to a better connected colony.

We have to give a month's notice to our house owner. So we informed him that we are moving. he said he didnt expect it and was very upset because now no one would come to his house for rent due to the bad roads and added to that rains..

The next morning we noticed that our front grill was broken. Our car was parked in the garage, which is locked and only we and the house owner have the keys. The garage hasnt been broken into. Though we had a pretty good idea of who it was, we couldnt do anything as that a&*^&*% had 10 months of our house rent as deposit amount

I would really like to
Old 6th June 2008, 07:42   #290
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
have you noticed?its usually new, sparkling,well maintained cars that are targeted.
Yes I have observed this, it is also possible that these scratches are readily visible on clean cars.

I think all these activities are due to jealously and unhappiness, particularly youth moving from rural areas to cities and letting out their frustrations on the 'rich people'.

Old 6th June 2008, 08:58   #291
BANNED

I think you should demonstrate the damage to the owner. Let us see his reply. My guess is some kid of owner did this. Owner might agree to pay the damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_80 View Post
Though we had a pretty good idea of who it was, we couldnt do anything as that a&*^&*% had 10 months of our house rent as deposit amount
Old 6th June 2008, 09:44   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Yes I have observed this, it is also possible that these scratches are readily visible on clean cars.
My car had a couple of layers of dust on it, when some infidel decided to proclaim his love on my cars bonnet. ( FYI his GF's name is selvi )
Old 6th June 2008, 11:33   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post

I think all these activities are due to jealously and unhappiness, particularly youth moving from rural areas to cities and letting out their frustrations on the 'rich people'.
I seriously doubt that.
Our apartment building has all professionals, lots of people in Software, quite a few in big PSU's earning respectable money.
Yet me and another member(akash_m) have had their cars scratched and vandalized.

Litrecy and salary does not mean "education".
Old 6th June 2008, 11:44   #294
Senior - BHPian

WARNING: This symptom is not restricted to India.

During the last TBHP drive, wheeler pointed out 2 deep scratches on the front right fender of my Jag - OBVIOUSLY made by hand.

And that car is BLACK. The scratch really stands out.

Vandals are EVERYWHERE.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:53   #295
Team-BHP Support

Steer, looks like your car's have this tendency to attract vandals. First the Safari, and now the Jag.

Talking of vandals, one moron pedestrian purposely scratched the bootlid of my car while i was waiting at a traffic light and he was passing from behind. I heard a loud sound, but didnt take any action as it was in the midst of traffic. The chap smirked and walked off. Some people deserve the electric chair, for sure.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th July 2008 at 21:42. Reason: Back-off on the expletives please. ****** changed to chap.
Old 6th June 2008, 15:26   #296
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone looked into "small-kids-playing" angle?

Its their parents who have to be taken to task. ( I guess some of such parents might be on this forum also)
Old 6th June 2008, 16:02   #297
Team-BHP Support

In today's date if you confront parents, they go gung ho,
For example in our apartment a kid almost gouged out the eyes of a younger kid. It was miraclous that the kid did not lose his eye.
The bully's mother was all gung ho and was showing small tiny scratch marks on the bully's arm.
The same scratch marks he got when the significantly younger kid was trying to prevent himself from going blind.
So talking to parents does not help. In case of severe vandalism file a FIR.
Old 6th June 2008, 16:23   #298
BHPian

Vandals are EVERYWHERE.

Someone broke the OVRMs of my honda city and corsa.
That person also tired his hand at drawing straight lines on front left side fendor of corsa.
My wheel caps also go missing whenever i get a set of new ones.

Finally i have decided not to get the OVRMs and the wheel caps.
Cant do much about the scratches and all.

One question : Is there any way to prevent theft of alloys?
Old 6th June 2008, 16:55   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st
My car had a couple of layers of dust on it, when some infidel decided to proclaim his love on my cars bonnet. (FYI his GF's name is selvi )
If someone proclaimed his love on my car's dusty bonnet with his fingers, I wouldn't bother. But if he were to use some sharp object to embed 'Selvi' onto my car, that would hurt.

Some kids used the bonnet of our Swift as a drawing board, when parked at a church in Kerala. Initially they used pencils, but then switched to sharp stones to draw some 5-6 long lines. The pencil marks were easily wiped off, but the other marks remain. Polishing/buffing reduced the marks quite a bit, but can still be seen. Luckily it is a Silky Silver car and thus not prominently visible. If it was a black car, it would have been
Old 6th June 2008, 18:28   #300
Senior - BHPian

My mother's i10 has already picked up two long scratches on its left side doors. Nothing but sheer mindless vandalism & this has happened to my car many a time too. But what to do, most of the time the *$&^%^%* do it when you're not around or else......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks