Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 11:15   #361
Team-BHP Support

Thats actually nothing.
In our indica some dimwit actually wrote expletives with a blade or something. This was done inside the apartment building. Not only mine, many other cars have also got this treatment, and most probably the culprits are kids.
Old 15th July 2008, 11:36   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

At least I'm going to get the scratches (done by kids) on one side of my Swift fixed now.

Getting 'shouldered' by a lane-changing bus driver has done enough damage to one wheel arch and the wing mirror to make a claim worth while.

hardly any need of vandals, when we have bus drivers
Old 15th July 2008, 12:06   #363
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

you know what W C Fields once said when asked "Do you like Children?"
He said "Yes, when they are properly cooked."
Jokes apart, more than the kids, it is their parents who are to blame, because they feel guilty (quite un-necessarily IMO) when they correct instances of bad behaviour in their kids! Without being cruel, they should teach and instill the basic values in little human beings who, like animals, will never know better until taught!
Why else do you think we have the BMW Nanda's and Alastair whateverhisname is and Salman Khan's of the world killing innocent pedestrians and poor people in their expensive cars?
Again, once cant lay the blame on the kids alone, there are enough and more envious nasty people out there who dont like others owning and enjoying their hard earned possessions. Why else would the typical mob in Indian cities take the law into their own hands and damage private property?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats actually nothing.
In our indica some dimwit actually wrote expletives with a blade or something. This was done inside the apartment building. Not only mine, many other cars have also got this treatment, and most probably the culprits are kids.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:16   #364
Team-BHP Support

Shankar Balan, I live very near to Nithari village. What you just said about cooking kids is very very real in Noida
Jokes apart the parents justify their kids when they indulge in such behavior.
For example near Diwali a kid in our apartment building was throwing crackers from the sixth floor.
Once of them fell in a first floor balcony and they came to complain.
The kids parents created a scene and there was a shouting match going on for hours, which the entire building heard.
Another saying
Q. Why are kids so cute
A. Because if they weren't people will kill them
Old 15th July 2008, 12:31   #365
BANNED

The jury feels you were on the right side of the law this time. What if the jury feels otherwise? Taking law into ones hand is a punishable offense under Indian Penal Code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
We made the dude on the pulsar scratch his own bike's petrol tank till we were satisfied. I know that was sadistic but then he did something similar.
Old 15th July 2008, 13:02   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
The jury feels you were on the right side of the law this time. What if the jury feels otherwise? Taking law into ones hand is a punishable offense under Indian Penal Code.
Yaa right and if it were so, I am ready to face the consequences provided they fix the Magnum. And one tight slap is quite a requisite at such instances.

So if it were your car what would you do, watch them vandalize it or act like nothing happened and wait till they are gone just coz you are scared?
I am sure a few us don't fall under the category of cowards who simply watch and let go. We fight back when its wrong and thats what I did.
Old 15th July 2008, 13:12   #367
BANNED

Sad, but true.
I think it is a cultural thing and its funny how people hate hearing something against their brats, even if it is absolutely true.
I think also that most of us could do with a little behavioural correction!
Only question is how is this to be achieved?
When we were small and in our early growing up years, our parents used to teach us a lot by their own behaviour and clearly tell us what was acceptable and what was not. And if we went ahead anyway, we used to be punished suitably - the trouble is nowadays, people feel guilty about not spending enough time with or giving enough attention to the kids and they mistakenly try to compromise by spoiling the kids. Thats is a very real problem in today's society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Shankar Balan, I live very near to Nithari village. What you just said about cooking kids is very very real in Noida
Jokes apart the parents justify their kids when they indulge in such behavior.
For example near Diwali a kid in our apartment building was throwing crackers from the sixth floor.
Once of them fell in a first floor balcony and they came to complain.
The kids parents created a scene and there was a shouting match going on for hours, which the entire building heard.
Another saying
Q. Why are kids so cute
A. Because if they weren't people will kill them
Old 16th July 2008, 01:50   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yaa right and if it were so, I am ready to face the consequences provided they fix the Magnum. And one tight slap is quite a requisite at such instances.

So if it were your car what would you do, watch them vandalize it or act like nothing happened and wait till they are gone just coz you are scared?
I am sure a few us don't fall under the category of cowards who simply watch and let go. We fight back when its wrong and thats what I did.
True Riju, not all are cowards, but not everyone can fight either. Though I have been in Bangalore for close to 6 years, I have no connections with the influential lot.

Once, a jerk came and touched my left mirror with his accent(my car was stationary at that point), we both rolled down the windows, he was saying it was my mistake(perhaps didnt like being overtaken), I just asked him to go - in ENglish. Next I see, 4-5 thug types sorround my car, asking the other chap - 'Iske saath kya sulookh kiya jaye(in kannada). I roll up the left window and try calling the police, but do not get through. I didnt want to get out for two reasons -

One, I will probably be beaten to pulp
Second, Wifey was with me, precisely why I did not mouth any obscenities against the other chap and just asked him to go.

The goons come to my window, ask me to roll it down, I do so a wee bit and explain to them in my broken kannada(sounded very fluent at that moment) that it was not my mistake, the other guy know it is his mistake, something on those lines. Well, they said that the accent guy is some big shot of that area and why did I speak in English. I said my mistake, shook hands with the biggie and left.

THe real thing I wanted to do was to smash the living daylights out of that idiot. This was barely 500 feet away from my house, so didnt want to get into an unpleasant situation, they could easily trace my house and cause problem later.

Would you say that I acted cowardly in this situation?
Old 16th July 2008, 12:53   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Would you say that I acted cowardly in this situation?
texappan that was more of a mature act than being a coward. We are talking of vandalism here and not road rage or accidents alle ?
Old 17th July 2008, 03:00   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
texappan that was more of a mature act than being a coward. We are talking of vandalism here and not road rage or accidents alle ?
Agreed, let's get back to topic.

Once I had parked my swift near airport road to make an important call(I don't use mobile while driving, unless it is a quick answer to say I will call later) and I hear a thud sound from behind, followed by a couple of kids walking by and trying to twist the mirror in the wrong direction. They perhaps did not realise that the car was occupied. When I say kid, one was small, and the other two were in their mid teens. They were just banging on the car for no purpose. Finished my call, caught up with them on the road and took the 16 year old by the collar, threatening to hit(I wouldn't have hit him, but how is he to know). I could see real fear in his eyes and then a passerby came and intervened and pulled the guy away from me. The kid said sorry and that he will never do it again. I hope he learnt his lesson. Who knows, he may just have dismissed it has his bad day at office.
Old 17th July 2008, 04:25   #371
BHPian

I Am Sorry But I Am A Vandal

I was small(around 12) and helpless against the Arab bullys(It Happened while we used to stay in UAE).

They threw a stick into my cycles front wheel and I landed on my nose,next thing i did was i got up and fought with them there were 4 of them and i was 4'7" and all of 34kgs , got beaten to a pulp with my nose bleeding.

Next Day I took a blade and went around their Chevy Trailblazer and scraped away the paint from where ever i could reach. might have done a whole re paint except for the roof. But i was Happy

Last edited by muneemmk : 17th July 2008 at 04:28.
Old 17th July 2008, 10:11   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Next Day I took a blade and went around their Chevy Trailblazer and scraped away the paint from where ever i could reach. might have done a whole re paint except for the roof. But i was Happy
@muneemmk - thats revenge, not vandalism ! But may be you paid back for it with the Landmaster project Sweet redeemption i say.

Something similar : I had put some sugar and a banana in petrol tank of our neighbor's Luna, only to teach him a lesson.
He used to push his Luna ( a piece of junk actually ), through the passage between our cars and used to scratch at least one in the process.

After the banana thing, he stopped using the passage, and eventually sold off the junk.

Last edited by hkanitkar : 17th July 2008 at 10:13.
Old 17th July 2008, 11:53   #373
Team-BHP Support

an eye for an eye makes the world blind.

I have had to resort to direct action to get people to stop parking in front of car blocking it.
All I ever did is remove the air from two wheels.
Not fully but enough to warrant a fill up and make a point.

But even this is done after I leave a paper note on the wind shield that reads.
"I am sorry, but my owner has no civic sense and leaves me in wrong places".
Old 17th July 2008, 12:28   #374
Team-BHP Support

Good work there, Riju kuttan.
I for one, am with you in support of what you did, because i have been at the receiving end when someone scratched my car for no fault of mine.
Old 17th July 2008, 15:57   #375
BANNED

well said
and this method is a peaceful way of showing your displeasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
an eye for an eye makes the world blind.

I have had to resort to direct action to get people to stop parking in front of car blocking it.
All I ever did is remove the air from two wheels.
Not fully but enough to warrant a fill up and make a point.

But even this is done after I leave a paper note on the wind shield that reads.
"I am sorry, but my owner has no civic sense and leaves me in wrong places".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks