Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 13:43   #1
BHPian

Auto Driver's new Technique to cheat people

Hello All;

This is the incident which happened with my collegue.

On thursday morning around 9:15am, he was waiting to pick an auto to SJP road. He stopped an auto & the auto fellow agreed to come. Before my collegue sat in the auto, the auto fellow asked if he has two 500 rs or one 1000rs note as he wanted to exchange the 100's he had with him. My collegue gave two 500rs note & took the 100's from him. After that my collegue sat in the auto, before starting the auto, the auto driver said he needed to put gas, so he wants the 100's back. As my collegue is bit fat, he got down from auto to take out purse & give back the 100's. My collegue gave him the 100s & waited for him to give the 500s, as soon as my collgue gave him the notes, the auto fellow speeded away. My collegue tried to note down the auto number, but the number was written in kannada & he does not know kannada. One good thing is my collegue hadnt left his laptop bag in the auto while getting down, otherwise he would have lost around 30-40k worth laptop.

All auto drivers are not cheats, but still please be carefull.

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by kdeepakk : 12th July 2008 at 13:55.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its a very sad incident. There must be new rules to control these menance.
Thanks for putting it up here so that now others can be more cautious.

1)
Each and every auto must have the registration number in English in the passenger compartment also.

2)
There must be a uniform for auto drivers and it must contain their name on it. This was implemented in Vadodara, but I dont know wheather it was followed/ is followed or not. There was also a lot of opposition by the Auto drivers.

3)
Dont bow down to any change offers from these Auto drivers.

Mods note: No need to paste an entire quote. Take part/s to highlight your points only.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th July 2008 at 15:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks