Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 16:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I have once taken Money.

My bike was once run over by a drunk driver in a Zen on a Sunday morning.
I had jumped off my bike before he crashed into it.
The driver decided to make a run for it.
He found me about 50 metres at a T Junction.
Then I dragged him out off his car thru the Window and threw him on the road.

Got 1000 bucks from him. Cost of fixing my bike came to 950.
The extra 50 I guess went for teaching him a lesson.

@Red, its not about the money.
Its about making these idiots understand that they cannot get away with it.

I have once made a biker who broke my bike' tail light waste about an hour with me.
Took his bike keys. Sat in a tea stall reading a book. I had nothing better to do and he was in a hurry. He had no money i.e. 50 Rs, so I made him waste his time.
O.T:I can only think of this after reading your post

Surely its not about the money and definitely many folks do show an attitude that is not even close to regret. Definite for your attitude bblost.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well something I've noticed is that women are either excellent drivers or really poor ones. Its rather strange and I just don't understand this phenomenon. Today in the morning one woman in a santro nearly scraped my left side as she tried to overtake me from the left and then suddenly cut across to the right in front of me. There were a few bikers in front of me and with oncoming traffic from the other side, i was driving defensively. I guess she lost just her cool and tried to do that stunt. Its a pity that people don't have an iota of patience these days.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:46   #18
BHPian

If you think that you were perfectly in line with the law, and are sure that you havent broken any rules, and it is other person who have violated rules and hit you, you should have called police.
There is nothing harm in doing that.
If Rs.500 is going to teach them a lesson, calling Police would have done that even more, and a sense of responsibility into her, rather than getting away saying "One rude guy robbed me" kind of attitude.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have witnessed accidents in UK and Hungary. Much worse than the one on this thread. But I havent seen the people argue over there. They discuss calmly and whoever is the guilty party most often readily admit their mistake and give out their insurance details.

I would say India is a Developed country AFTER I can witness such a scene after an accident on Indian roads.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Doesnt look like a big damage luckily
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident but it's a minor one.
Yes, its not such a big damage;

Infact I just returned yesterday afternoon from a 1000kms trip to Mantralayam and nearby places.

Was just relating this incident to my wife and she was like, its ok relax, glad that it didn't happen on our trip

Last edited by normally_crazy : 14th July 2008 at 17:29.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

you should have called the Police and let the law take its due course rather than accepting 500 Rs from that lady.

and not all cops are corrupt.

She might not be having even the DL.

anyways,the damage is not much,any good denter who does dry denting will be able to fix this up with small touch up job accompanied by rubbing/polishing.

and it shouldnt cost you more than 200 in Delhi,i dunno about your place.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Whether it is an old lady or a young lady, when they try to use the sex advantage to influence the 'jury', they should be told.

But then from your narrations, we are not clear who made the mistake here.
esteem_lover, I dont understand, what is not clear here?
Can you please throw some light on that?
Old 14th July 2008, 16:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well something I've noticed is that women are either excellent drivers or really poor ones. Its rather strange and I just don't understand this phenomenon.
yes, i agree. one of my friend's is a great driver, whereas my wife isnt :P, but then again my wife is very scared and she does not touch the car unless I am with her and there is no soul on the road.

Quote:
Today in the morning one woman in a santro nearly scraped my left side as she tried to overtake me from the left and then suddenly cut across to the right in front of me. There were a few bikers in front of me and with oncoming traffic from the other side, i was driving defensively. I guess she lost just her cool and tried to do that stunt. Its a pity that people don't have an iota of patience these days.
hope there is no damage to your car,

Was it a Old model gold Santro?
Hope its not the same Santro lady..LOL

Mods :- Sorry for the back to back posts. Just that I was quoting the posts which were on two different pages, hence was not sure how to do the Quote+.

Last edited by gods-envy : 14th July 2008 at 17:01.
Old 14th July 2008, 17:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
esteem_lover, I dont understand, what is not clear here?
Can you please throw some light on that?
Were you on the wrong side of the road when this happened ?
if you were, i believe the right of way is for the car coming in the opposite direction.
Old 14th July 2008, 17:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well something I've noticed is that women are either excellent drivers or really poor ones. Its rather strange and I just don't understand this phenomenon.
Agree with you. Women drivers are either over confident or they simply lack confidence. My sister lacks confidence and its tough to get confidence. She wont drive a car unless its expresshighway with either me or dad sitting in the co-dirver seat.
She is not ready to drive Baleno even on expresshighways.

But sometimes this lack of confidence can also lead to dangerous situation specially on single lane roads where they usually panic and mostly then, its a crash. My sister had one when she paniced and pressed the accelerator ( for a second or so ) and almost rammed into rear of tractor. Some how she was able to brake and because of slow speed, we came out with just scratches on bonnet.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th July 2008 at 17:13.
Old 14th July 2008, 17:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Were you on the wrong side of the road when this happened ?
if you were, i believe the right of way is for the car coming in the opposite direction.
hey esteem_lover,
no i was not on the opposite side.
Infact there is a median on this road, So in effect I was a little on the right side of the correct side of the road.

I think the attached image would everything clear
Attached Thumbnails
Accident because of bad driving (lady driver)-accident.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 17:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

OK, now its clear. Maybe she is one of those palio bashers & decided to get physical. LOL
Old 14th July 2008, 17:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

I would say, its not about the money or might, its about accepting ones fault.

Going to the police does not help except pressure tactics, both vehicles have to be taken to the police station and then someone from RTO has to come to check the damage and based on his knowledge and photographs ascertain the fault.

For 3rd party damage claims (thats what you will get), police will have to do a lot of paperwork and for 5-10k claims too, you will end up paying almost 30% to them (police & RTO guy's).

And not to forget that the vehicles will remain in police custody till the claim is settled( lost spares/ acc in PS not countable)

When we drive on the road, a lot of things happen, some due to our mistake and some due to others. But civility is the name of the game, if its ones fault, one should accept and bear the damages.

If its the small ones, one should just move on after giving the other person his/her piece of mind.
Old 14th July 2008, 17:25   #29
BHPian

@gods-envy
very sad to hear the news..and as everyone has said you should have taken the matter to the cops and returned that 500 bucks to that old lady..and as stated by esteem lover & reignofchaos & dadu...she should've accepted the fault first..and also women take the sex advantage over us and also they are either superb drivers or the worst ones..hope she does not cause anymore trouble to anyone else on the roads..and also i feel that 2.8k is too high a amount . ask some local garages . hope your palio comes back rocking at 165kmph .

Cheers
kaush666

Last edited by kaush666 : 14th July 2008 at 17:28.
Old 14th July 2008, 18:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

there is one more thing called "Accident Forgiveness"

it could also be used here i believe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks