Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 22:25   #61
BHPian

yeah i have seen the bmp women standing in between and when the slow guy in front of you swerves to avoid them - you feel finally all your signaling has helped and the slow joker is moving from fastest lane to slow one to give you way and then you almost bang into the bmp woman
i now stick to the middle lane all along as anyways i have to turn towards mg road
Old 23rd July 2008, 01:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Just saw one Indicab rear end a TATA van just after the Ejipura signal. Its been raining/drizzling for a while now. Dunno how it happened thought. Reminded me not to rip back home on the empty stretch (was 12.15 am)
Old 23rd July 2008, 01:55   #63
BHPian

BMTC and Laura

Today at the Sony World Signal around 8 PMish ot so, standing due to red light facing Madiwala, about 2 cars ahead of me (i'm on my Activa) wanting to take the righ turn towards NGV.

There is a black Skoda Laura standing in the middle lane and more towards the left. From behind the left lane is empty and a BMTC bus is coming in average speed and had to take a left turn towards HSR, does not anticipate the distance, comes very close to the Laura, takes the left turn clearly but forgets about the rear of the bus pinches the Laura and raises it up in the air for a fraction of a second and leaves a clear dent from the Laura's boot to the headlight on the left side

Remember the rear body of the bus turns the opposite side to which the bus is turning!! It looked as if someone had run a huge knife on the laura.

BMTC driver does not even feel a thing, and carries on and the laura driver (a very young chap) gets down totally frustrated!

Signal turns green and I had to move so could not see or help further. It was a TN registered Laura i guess

Last edited by CorsaLove : 23rd July 2008 at 01:57.
Old 14th September 2008, 05:20   #64
BHPian

Hey guys after reading about Islero, I just remembered something that I wanted to share with you guy. Wednesday 10th September, 4 accidents have taken place in IRR. The first accident was a Baleno getting sandwiched between Palio and safari, it was a black Baleno, there was nothing in the back and front of it (this incident took place on the lane that connects from Ejipura to Indiranagar) and the second one from Indiranagar to Ejipura a young boy was not able to negotiate the curve and skidded and a speeding truck ran over him and he was killed on stop.

The third one happened near the “U” turn which is below the flyover, I did not see this accident but heard a Sonata was hit by Safari. Same day night 2 guys coming on bike skidded on the lane which connects from Ejipura to Indiranagar and died on spot. This acceded had happened after the U tern which in the ring road. Even today you can see the blood stains of those 2 guys. They were not warring helmet and they had hit there head to footpath (god it was really worst accident what every was inside the head was out on road)

If you guys have noticed after these major accidents our traffic police have put some caution boards and the barricades on the IRR near the “U” turn.

PS: Two wheeler guys do not try to take the IRR curves with over confident and four wheeler guys try to stick on the middle lane for a risk free turn, if you are on the middle lane you get some second for judging the curves or any obstacle.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
PS: Two wheeler guys do not try to take the IRR curves with over confident and four wheeler guys try to stick on the middle lane for a risk free turn, if you are on the middle lane you get some second for judging the curves or any obstacle.
Thanks Vinay.
Yes, the accidents you mentioned are really scary. I have seen many 2-wheelers esp pulsar and other hig end bikes going like 90-100 in those IRR. Everyday is not same. Some days these guys get into trouble. Wish they realize and drive cautiously.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:49   #66
BHPian

I think I have the dubious distinction here in witnesing the first death on IRR. It was the time when the IRR was completed and guys would drive like crazy in the same bend everybody is talking about.

On that fateful morning, I was coming from Indira nagar to koramangala. On the opposite side a new karizma being driven by a 100+ kgs helmet less guy with a pillion rider comes at top speed. The guy mis-judged the turn and the weight on the bike was enough to hurl the bike into the lamp post. Everything was over in few mins, the driver was dead and the pillion had no injuries except for the shock.

I had met accidents previously and come back to normal but trust me, this incident automatically made me slowdown in that bend (even without me realising it).

Thiyags
Old 29th September 2008, 16:05   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Those two back-to-back curves are too steep/ acute for the speeds that are done there. The authorities need to straighten up those sections, and re-define the lanes.

Of late I have been using hand-signals also when I have to slow down on that road. Trying to play safe since the guys behind me may not see why I am slowing down.
Old 6th October 2008, 17:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Those two back-to-back curves are too steep/ acute for the speeds that are done there. The authorities need to straighten up those sections, and re-define the lanes.

Of late I have been using hand-signals also when I have to slow down on that road. Trying to play safe since the guys behind me may not see why I am slowing down.
I take that route every day as my office is right below the flyover while I live in Koramangala. That turn is always dangerous especially with people who cant stick to the lanes at high speeds. The steering wheel needs constant correction to stick to the lanes and almost invariably I have seen middle lane guys coming into the right most lane. If I see a two wheeler taking a turn, I keep huge gap because of this problem. I cant put a finger on the problem. Could it be the banking that limits the top speed?
Old 6th October 2008, 21:36   #69
Team-BHP Support

Banking along with a varying turn in makes the curves dangerous, very few people realize this and land up in mess. Yesterday evening, at around 330 pm saw a bajaj bike crashed next to the barriers and 2 people being lifted into a police jeep.

No idea how the spill happened there, or if the bike got tossed from the other side of this road to the airport wall side.

The shrubs are still precariously taking up 1/4 of fast track at Ejipura end while moving towards Indira Nagar side, and often see drivers weaving out to avoid the shrubs.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:54   #70
BANNED

Instead of having banked curves, straightened curves, warnings, flyovers, and what not involving a lot of money. I think the best alternative is dont drive above 40 kmph on that stretch. Anyways at either ends you get caught up in bottlenecks, so driving like your rear is on fire for 3+ kms really dosent make sense - you probably save 1-3 mins over a guy going at a leisure pace anyways. Reach home alive instead of an ambulance. Sometimes the most obvious is never thought off.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2008, 12:10   #71
BHPian

Dunno if its a IRR or ORR , but there's a Ring Road that passes by KalyanNagar/Banaswadi.

Ive visited my cousin living there just off the ring road and every month he's got a report of Bus stand passengers being run over by speeding vehicles that loose control. To make matters worse , the Stand was built in the middle sections at signals where people take U-Turns.Visibility of whats happening on opposite lanes gets blocked and results in these deaths with passengers rushing to catch the bus.

Its sad to think these are plans made by professional planning commsiion personnel/authorities.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:15   #72
BHPian

Ho boy, today early morning there was a major accident in IRR, in front of Dell. A Getz guy who was coming for flyover lost the control and hit the divider and then hit a Indica which was parked on road side and then hit a Sumo which was parked.

The guys in the Getz were completely drunk it seems. I have the snaps of the Getz will post it couple of hours.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The shrubs are still precariously taking up 1/4 of fast track at Ejipura end while moving towards Indira Nagar side, and often see drivers weaving out to avoid the shrubs.
yeah don't get me started on those shrubs - everyday i pass there, i see people almost avoid being scraped by them shrubs. Its like they decided to leave the shrubs there to prevent speeding in the fast lane.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:45   #74
BHPian

MODS: Please delete all gory posts or amend them.I don't think majority of us want to know how a person's life was lost.We do get immature people online and this trend will continue into blood fest story lines.Reason for accident , precautions to be taken and severity of accident is more than enough to pass on the message of "drive safely", not talking bout the affected parts of a lost life.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 8th October 2008 at 09:47.
Old 8th October 2008, 10:41   #75
BHPian

[quote=vinayvtec;904960. Some months back a lady who had got the Scorpio for the test drive (showroom is located at the coroner of the road) had also met with accident and the vehicle had come to the opposite lane and was stuck in the fence that’s laid by the ARMY guys.[/quote]

yeah ! I remember this accident and happened to pass by just a few minutes after the crash. wasnt it a red scorpio which flew off the opposite lane, clipped an auto and crashed upside down into the fence on the opposite side. I was amazed that no body got seriously hurt considering the serious nature of this accident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks