Team-BHP - Traffic towards International Airport, Bangalore moving very slowly!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Traffic towards International Airport, Bangalore moving very slowly! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/42751-traffic-towards-international-airport-bangalore-moving-very-slowly.html)

Due to water logging traffic towards the new airport is moving very slowly...people planning to take a flight leave as early as possible!

source of info: got a msg on my mobile aslo through one of my friend who was stuck in the jam for a long time...

Not sure if things are fine now??

Yes !Lohit there seems to be a diversion in the traffic @ mekhri circle due to water logging as per my company's safety and security personnel who track and keep updates informing the employees. Not sure about it now, though.

Just got a SMS from ACP-Traffic. it says the above info and sender as Bangalore traffic police :)
Whats happening?

I got the above message too. Bangalore Police have got some things right :)

What was the message ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 910425)
Just got a SMS from ACP-Traffic. it says the above info and sender as Bangalore traffic police :)
Whats happening?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 910428)
I got the above message too. Bangalore Police have got some things right :)

There is an underpass being constructed at CBI Junction on Bellary Road. Combine this with rain and you have a mess. There was heavy water logging last night. Drove in from Chennai last night via the GQ, through the city and came upon a traffic jam at CBI junction at midnight (It happens only in Bangalore). I was stuck for 20 minutes so you can imagine the mess.

This morning, the stretch from the Hebbal flyover to Mekhri Circle was a mess. Average speeds were 0.1 kph.

To reach the airport, please avoid this stretch from Mekhri Circle to Hebbal flyover. Police advise New BEL Road. In general, get onto the ORR from anywhere except Mekhri Circle, and then make your way to BIAL.

The sms:

"Due to water logging, traffic to international airport is diverted at Mekhri Circle.Traffic moving slowly - Bangalore Traffic Police."

From ACP-Traffic

Somebody please tell me.....Isn't it common sense for the flyover / underpass / overpass / express-way constructors to take care of water-logging especially when its an underpass? Beats me..where they hide their brains while designing?

Saw something similar at Ramamurthy Nagar underpass. Trucks were seen taking the service road avoiding the underpass to cross the junction.

Took me 3 hrs to get to office today sheessshh !!! I could have done Bangy-Mys and back to Bangy.

Traffic towards Mekhri Circle was diverted to New BEL Road and damn I was stuck on New BEL Road for good 45 mins.

I guess this is the new fangled "Magic box" under pass that B'lore city corporation has been shouting about.

The Magic Box works, but until it is ready, traffic is thrown out of gear.

I would like to know how long will it take to reach BIAL from Kormangala in afternoon traffic (13:00 -14:00).

Also it would be nice if any one could recommend a good taxi service and the cheapest. Meru charges around ₹ 900/- one way Kormangala to BIAL.

Thanks

Sameer Sultan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameer sultan (Post 3265519)
Meru charges around ₹ 900/- one way

If you are going via Ejipura budget 2 hours to be on safer side.
Check with Cell cabs, they are reliable and cheaper option.

If you are 3 or less in number it will work out cheaper to take the BIAS bus service. It should take about ~1.5 hrs