Team-BHP - Morning drive to office: Do you notice the same car/driver every day?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Morning drive to office: Do you notice the same car/driver every day? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/43136-morning-drive-office-do-you-notice-same-car-driver-every-day.html)

Many of us drive down to work everyday using the same route and mostly around the same time each morning. How many of us have noticed that over a period of time one tends to notice the same cars/people driving in opposite direction and depending on the time you leave from home, you even pass them around the same stretch of road every day.

Over a period of time, I too have noticed few vehicles/drivers that I pass everyday on my morning drive to work. At times if I don't cross them, I feel as if I have missed something. One of these days may even say Hi to them and see their reaction :D

I drive from Bannerghatta Road to Mysore Road (Via Kanakpura Road) and these are the vehicles I see on most days:

Ya, I see the same yellow colour 3-Wheeler everyday.
(dont forget, they are BS-III compliant) :)

I dont recognize them by the way they look.
I recognize them by the way they sound. Each one has distinct sound.
Most are loud enough to cause damage to your years over a period of few years.

Yep. Have noticed these cars: Route: Dwarka to Gurgaon

- A red Swift VDI ABS. Noticed this because I see it quite often and ABS cars are rare. (I have a VDI ABS too)

- An alto driven by a pretty girl who talks very animatedly on her mobile (using a bluetooth device). The car has Alpine stickers at the back.

- A new white accord. Unfortunately, the looks are spoilt by black after market bumper strips.

- A sumo cab with the Najafgarh Premier League 20-20 cricket tournament banner.

Each morning I see a Navy Blue I10 with both its ORVM's folded, driven by a be-spectacled gentleman of middle years - wonder why he bothered with fixing the 2 mirrors when he doesnt use either.
Then there is a Black Scorpio driven by a lady ferrying some kids probably to school.
And a badly driven, somewhat squashed up at the rear, Silver Honda City ZX which I avoid like the plague.:)

Its true. I notice a grey Beemer 5 series everyday when I traverse Banerghatta Road daily, at around 9.45 am or so. There is also a striking yellow Fiat 118 NE (made over) with a bespectacled middle aged gentleman behind the wheel. And of course, there is the ever present foreign gentleman who drives a light blue Premier Padmini which has been made into an open top drive :)Im sure the latter ride has been noticed by most people in Bangalore.

Quote:

In fact, depending on where I pass this Red Cedia, I make a judgment call on if I am early, on time or late.
What if the red cedia too uses you as a "reference point"? And both of you are late / early on same day?

:uncontrol:uncontrol

Everyday 3-4 months, i used to see this girl in a swift when i was going towards my college and she on the way to hers.
Happened for 1 month
Now, She's My New Girlfriend.

Usually see a Red Modded baleno always on my way to the office. ( If not always)

Everyday see this Green Crv driven by a fair gentleman with his wife and son in the morning .

I see this girl waiting for her company bus daily. Other than that there are a couple of cars - one esteem with 6676 number plate and one white M800 with Govt Vehicle written behind it.

More later.

I notice these vehicles most of the days on my way to e-city (Blr)

1) A brand new F-Red Palio Sports driven by a woman
2) An SX4 - Again woman driver
3) A black Baleno - Woman driver but she drives it like a race car. (Very rare thing to be seen)
4) VW Passat - middle aged driver (cum owner)
5) Mitsubishi Montero - middle aged driver (cum owner)
6) Mitsubishi Pagero - with Reg. No 1953 - I guess it is the birth year of the owner.

Too many Santros Altos and Indicabs so noticing any one from them is too difficult.

I see a white sx4 on my way to office everyday. Thats the only car I ( eagerly ) watch out for.
Moreover, the distance I travel is only 4 kms :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 919453)
Everyday 3-4 months, i used to see this girl in a swift when i was going towards my college and she on the way to hers.
Happened for 1 month
Now, She's My New Girlfriend.

That's cool cheers:. Great use of the time spent on the road.

I hope that few years down the line we don't hear that she is my "w1f3" now :D.

I see one dirty Bolero everyday...can't he just wash it?
...ooops that's my Bolero.

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 919730)
That's cool cheers:. Great use of the time spent on the road.

I hope that few years down the line we don't hear that she is my "w1f3" now :D.

and then knowing his tendencies, she will get him a driver and a car with curtains to make sure he doesn't get any newer gfs that way lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoranjit
I see a white sx4 on my way to office everyday. Thats the only car I eagerly watch out for.

Enna ranjit-bhai, so who is at the wheel of the white sx4 that makes you so eager to look out for it ? Must be a PYT in all probability, I would think. :)

I see a white VW Passat driven by a Sardarji gentleman everyday on my way back from E-City to Kormangala.
Also a white SX4 driven by a senior executive type who is always speaking into his bluetooth headset.

Many years ago (2002-2005), while in college in Pune, I used to see a foreigner every single day for 3 years. He had a chromed silver Bullet and a chromed fireman type helmet, both of which were always shining! He always rode very quick, and I used to ride with him from Koregoan Park to RTO. I wonder if anyone has seen him since.