Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2005, 02:10   #46
BHPian

Heyy I heard too that he got away with a few scratches, should be very grateful about it and hopefully he will learn from this experience and not screw up again.

Addix: Ya by looking at the rims I can say the offset is wrong because the rims are jutting out from the fenders of the car, any wheel any size with the right offset will not jut out.

Regards,
Satyam.
Old 15th March 2005, 02:48   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
well, think again. i've got a big surprise waiting for all the Team-BHPians. the first professional drag strip of its kind in the country is currently under construction. i'm tight lipped from now on!!
come on nitrous , out with it

manson .
Old 15th March 2005, 04:01   #48
BHPian

well here is the whole story...
After the meet, i with a couple of my friends was driving back to colaba from worli seaface and took a left from poonam chambers.... i was doing a speed of 100+ driving from the right hand side of the road.... there was another car just a few meters away from me.... and suddenly he just yanked the car to the left.... and too my surprise there were few plantations blocking the whole right lane... infact i myself almost went through them... i slowed down and looked on the otherside of the road.... to see a police van standing thats when i thought something had gone wrong, so i took a u-turn from haji ali and came back....to the accident scene....
now this is what i got to hear from one common friend between me and hiren (Chokseys son) who was there to get the car towed....... He said that hiren was drunk and racing with some other car entering the long sweeping left hander after crossing haji ali..... the RS was doing about 150+ by then and he tried to pass the other car from the right, and by mistake clipped the divider.... now there were tires marks on the divider which i myself saw.... the divider was also broken at that place (Now guys that was one of the tall dividers about 3-4 feet in height with plantations on top) ... so he climbed the divider at 150+ hit the plantations at first.... then the car flipped and landed(car still spinning)....then it hit the concrete fences on the opposite side of the road.... couple of those concrete fences were also broken.... ..spinning & sliding till further ahead it came to a stop...! Luckily everyone was alright.... driver got away with a few bruises!

There is another surprising thing to this whole incident.... after i parked my car....at the accident spot, there were atleast another couple of cars on the other side of the road where the plantations had fallen locked up big time.... so i told the cops to arrange to remove all the plantations from the otherside and they were least bothered...! It was so dangerous that it could had lead to another couple of accidents very easily!

ANOTHER SURPISING THING IS THAT THE WHEELS AND TIRES OF THE RS LOOKED ABSOLUTELY ALRIGHT... TO ME!!

STRANGE..!

Last edited by jigarmuni : 15th March 2005 at 04:03.
Old 15th March 2005, 07:41   #49
BHPian

Hmmm... now its no big shock. "Alcohol + Reckless driving = Horrific accident" case it is. Thank god it was a skoda. High time the police started gearing up to control drunk drivers. its not just their lives they put at risk!
Old 15th March 2005, 09:41   #50
BHPian

Sad to know this guys...But all thanks to the skoda's superior build quality that the driver survived....No wonder why i always felt that the skoda is built like a tank..disturbing sight.The first Skoda RS damaged..

As Rehaan says "POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL"
Old 15th March 2005, 09:57   #51
BHPian

Oh man,
This is really scary.. I mean the damaged cars pics are bad.. Thank god that they got away with a few bruises..
Such sights definetly would put brakes on some of the speed freaks.. It actually should.. There should be a lesson learnt here..
Its just not worth taking the risk for that few mins of thrill....
_Drive safe guys_
Old 15th March 2005, 10:20   #52
BHPian

thts B-A-D

choksey's son shud devote his entire life to skoda for makin the Car like a tank!

thr is no way he cud hv survived in sm other jap/korean etc car

"with gr8 power , comes gr8 responsibility".. i second tht guys.

U may b havin an RS or VTEC wid sm free flow n works... but HEY.. u r not drving on the sepang trak!!!

it may matter least to the person involvd ... but ask ppl around him... they'll explain it better

Note from Moderator : Please go through the rules of posting. Slang and short chat language is strictly prohibited. Make use of full and correct English

Thank you

Last edited by Dippy : 15th March 2005 at 10:57.
Old 15th March 2005, 22:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa
The first Skoda RS damaged..

CONTROL"
correction ... Second damaged Vrs

saw the car at autobahn sewri today .. its a complete write-off . but was told they are going to buy it back from the insurance company after th complete payoff and repair it to as good as new ..
advantage of your pop owning the dealership/service station

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 15th March 2005 at 22:30.
Old 15th March 2005, 22:39   #54
BHPian

man,

if it's true that he was drunk - that sucks - his license should be confiscated immediately and he should be sentenced to community service or something.

he may be indestructible in his skoda rs - but what about others around him - they wouldn't have been so lucky ---

is this going to be just another case of a drunk rich kid getting away with absolutely irresponsible behaviour because his father is well connected???

i hope not...
Old 15th March 2005, 22:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now this is what i got to hear from one common friend between me and hiren (Chokseys son)
Are you sure??! Hiren is Choksey's brother...not son.
Old 16th March 2005, 08:14   #56
BHPian

Crazy....

All the money in the world cant buy these Fools some resopnsibility!!![or Brains!!!]
Sad to see such a beautiful car totaled!!
Fools i tell ya.....Fools!!!
Old 16th March 2005, 08:23   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey

saw the car at autobahn sewri today .. its a complete write-off . but was told they are going to buy it back from the insurance company after th complete payoff and repair it to as good as new ..
advantage of your pop owning the dealership/service station

But the windscreen pillar is bent - maybe they'll pick up a tired Octavia taxi, transfer the bits, paint it, transfer the chassis number and some poor suckers comes along.......
Old 16th March 2005, 09:47   #58
BHPian

I dont even understand why the rich jerk wanted to race another car, streets are streets, why cant these ppl understand what speeds to drive at on streets?? Its times like these which makes the big manufacturers think 10 times before bringing a powerful vehicle to Indian people. If you wanna avoid such mishaps from happening, and avoid damaging public property u gotta drive at speeds 40% less than what you think is comfortable for a particular road, then again some fool will feel he's comfortable at 300kph on a narrow gully.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th March 2005 at 21:18.
Old 16th March 2005, 10:06   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey
And when is the other vRS story gonna be made public I wonder....
Old 16th March 2005, 11:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

what's the story abt the other vrs?
is it by the same people??

Most Viewed