Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2005, 16:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

PICS : Accident - Toppled Skoda Octavia RS

Was returning from the meet , crossing mahim church in dippy s car alongwith ported & kartik and fellow member jigarmuni called on dippy s cell ?
what could it be ?
" a toppled skoda RS (yellow colour ) "
dippy took the very next available 'u' turn and we were on our way back to town joined by f50 too now
the mishap had taken place bang opposite n.s.c.i club .
it was bad , really bad ! but to what we heard , everyone in the car was safe , no major injuries and all .
the car had hit the divider coming out of the deadly curve (around lala college ) and toppled .
dippy as ususal took some pics which i m sure he would not mind sharing on this thread .
ported suspected the reason to be alchohol (which is a major factor for night accidents ) as well as 150 bhp at the guy s disposal .
the cops were shooing everyone away , infact one of them even said , " abhi ek taxi palti hua hota tho saala kaun rukta " , which to a certain extent i thought was true .
the engine according to dippy wasn't destroyed , but the body definately was thrashed .
someone at the site mentioned it was one of the choksey 's (owner of autobahn ) driving the car .
guys please share any further info. about the same and drive carefully , as there s someone waiting at home !

Here are the pics from Dippy's cam

manson .

Last edited by Dippy : 14th March 2005 at 19:42.
Old 13th March 2005, 16:39   #2
BANNED

Your right abt who it was.. I was on my way home and stopped to see whose car it was... but this is no ordinary skoda.. the engine has (or had) been tweeked with a piggyback unit to get more bhp outa it... without changing the suspension.
About the booze aspect.... am not really sure that he drinks... but then you never know.....
Pix please DIPPY!!!
Old 13th March 2005, 17:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Seemed like a horrible accident
Reminds me of the one of the Ford Ikon
That car split into half cos of the accident
the guy driving the car died instantly
he was 17 nd drunk
Satraah Pe Khatraah
Old 13th March 2005, 18:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

khanak actually the guy who died in the ford ikon accident at sea face was the the guy sitting next to the driver .
in the media it was said that it was the driver so as to prevent any legal action towards the driver .
the airbag i think must have been the main reason apart from the seat belt that he survived the accident .
atleast being the agent will not make a hole in mr.choksey s pocket .

manson .
Old 13th March 2005, 18:16   #5
Team-BHP Support

if it the yellow RS owned by the autobahn at worli i have driven it. think i mentioned that before on another thread. to senile to remember where. unless autobahn had 2 yellow RS's for tests.
Old 13th March 2005, 20:39   #6
BHPian

This is a real sad incident indeed. This is what will be seen more often now i believe, with all these powerfull machines being offered to us. Nothing bad about them being offered just that we dont have that kinda roads for using these cars at top end speeds. Here in this case i think the major reason could have been error of judgement. Anyways whatever happened was real sad. Hope all the people that were there in the car are safe. Always Drive/Ride safe Guys.......as Manson said there is someone waiting for you at home.

->P
Old 13th March 2005, 21:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Does the RS come equipped with ABS? I don't recall seeing any tyre skid marks on the road, leading to the kerb. Maybe they got lost in the dark. Even if the driver got his line through the corner completely wrong, he would have panic braked to avoid hitting the kerb. Unless he was under the influence of alcohol.
Old 13th March 2005, 21:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

RS comes with ABS. but even on an ABS equipped car...there will be some amount of tyre marks under severe braking.

Drifter
Old 13th March 2005, 21:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

True. What I was referring to was those typical long skid marks leading to impact spot, usually associated with panic braking.
Old 13th March 2005, 21:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Were there no skid marks at all? Man did he even see that divider?

Drifter
Old 13th March 2005, 22:02   #11
BANNED

Just went past the spot of the accident about 20 mins ago...no skid marks... just major damage to the median.....dont think the guy knew what happened.
Old 13th March 2005, 22:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

The bottom line is that people are being irrisponsible with the power they have. Dont blame it on our roads.The road opposcit nsci is really good. With such power at your disposable it is often tough not to unleash it but one has to control oneself varna..................
Old 13th March 2005, 22:12   #13
Team-BHP Support

"With power, comes great responsibility" - Spiderman (the movie - not as in Ferrari!)
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2005, 22:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Now thats a warning to all those who think they own powerful, fast cars who try to experiment that power.This is wat negligence will end up with! Sad
Old 13th March 2005, 23:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

We shoud think of building a track or somthing in the outskirts
Nothing fancy. No fancy timing equiptment or anything just a track for now. Atleast a drag strip. that will be a goldmine eh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks