Team-BHP - Bangalore: Auto strike on 20.08.08.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bangalore: Auto strike on 20.08.08. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/44331-bangalore-auto-strike-20-08-08-a.html)

Autorikshaw unions has announced 12 hrs strike tomorrow for pressing their demands on PF, Gratuity and including them in BPL. There are around 75000 registered autos ply in BAngalore. All of them will be keeping off the roads. The roads will be empty with these morons out. Hope the drive will be easy to office. :)

Great news, but then one section of public will be hard hit for tranport!

And why to move these guys into BPL (Below Poverty Line)? Don't they make a good amount, so much that they are now choosy as to what route they will take and refuse others...

indeed a good news :)
Yes, I agree. May be put it as upper band of BPL. Hehehe. They will sit idle rather than going for normal fares.

In the local television news, I heard some auto rickshaw unions will not participate in the strike. So you can expect lesser number of autos.

Yes, paper news says the auto union says both YES & NO. So, its not the full union that participate. We can expect good number fo autos on the roads.

This morning, I saw quite a few of them on roads carrying passengers while driving to work. Looks like, not all sections of Auto Unions are participating in the strike.

i too noticed that not all autos are on strike, this discouraged me, morning while leaving home, had a feeling that today going to office will be breeze, with no autos or morons on road

While driving to office, today I saw many autos plying on the road, seems like not many unions have participated

Let them learn to drive without haggling for the prices first. So much for being below the poverty line and all.

What about customer rights, let them first except the customer rights and then the government should look into their rights/ demands.

During the drive to office today morning, there were considerably less than normal autos on the road. Driving was easier and i wish all of them were off the road (atleast for a day):D

What a difference it made, peak hour i could save about 20 mts and again i had to run within Koramanagla and it was a pleasure to drive and park!!

Serious difference can be made if we educate the auto wallahs to proper road rules, even felt cabies were acting responsible with less traffic around lol.

I hope that they go on strike for a week :) . It was a pleasure driving to office today!

As many others suggested here, they should learn how to drive first. But IMO, they drive badly on purpose. They are frustrated in life and want the others also to feel it. Just because of such people, we as a nation are not growing fast.

Well we chennaiites are not so lucky as you. The response to an Auto strike call here has been lukewarm. In fact the strike has become one other reason for them to jack up charges - a colleague of mine was demanded 140 for a 7 km ride!!!:Shockked:

YEah. Not all the auto unions has gone to strike.vOut of 75000 registered autos, only 30000 are going on strike balance will be on roads and of course the unregistered ones. Nevertheless, I saved around 15 mins today morning while driving to office.