Team-BHP - My first Accident A Crashed Bumper
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   My first Accident A Crashed Bumper (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/44380-my-first-accident-crashed-bumper.html)

Had an unfortunate accident today.

Was going from one end of my campus to other end,My speed was 10km/hr max as it was Break time and students were crowded on the roads.Suddenly a bike from the right lane comes on to my lane without any notice.The bikes side guard got entangled to my front bumped and my bumper is cracked:Frustrati .Nothing happeneed to the bike.
I hope this picture helps understand the situation.

My first Accident A Crashed Bumper-accident.jpg

Got to know he was degree college attender.Had a big argument,He called his collugues for arguments and finally gave me only 1000rs.My father was against booking a case because of its hassels and moreover the college is run By Ex-Mla Seetharam so the police would be in the Attenders favour.

Took the car to HASS and the following has to be done
1)Replacement of front bumper(Its cracked),8k approx.
2)Painting of right fender(Its gone inside little near the wheel arch and about 1cmsq paint has peeled off).4k approx
3)Front wheel guard.Around 600rs
4)Havent checked the fog lamp connector.
Estimate is around 12k,and he said I would get around 8k from Insurance.

Unfortunate, nothing much can be done but I guess the attender got a lesson by paying up but your damage is more.

Unfortunate incident. These kind of incidents do happen no matter howmuch ever careful you are. All the people require is some traffic sense. You should have collected your friends and thrashed the attender there itself as he cannot go against the students. This would have really tought a lesson to him.

Lemme guess MS Ramaiah College ?

Mate leave it behind and move on, such things happen daily I can understand the pain. Imbeciles are found everywhere in every form and shape. The difference is that you are conscious about the traffic rules and they ain't. Forget it like a bad episode and move on.

Very unfortunate, but like Dadu said we got to live with such things.

Quote:

You should have collected your friends and thrashed the attender there itself as he cannot go against the students. This would have really tought a lesson to him.
I don't think this would be a wise idea, agreed it angers us to no end when our rides are damaged, but thrashing someone to teach a lesson ?
Well what can I say?

Sad to read the incident.Accidents are Accidents and shall remain accidents. These are totally unavoidable (it was not your fault here) and one must take things as they come.
zoomingbhat take it on your stride and go ahead!
In a lighter vein I remember an old Maruti joke.When these cars came in, in 1985 the spares were too costly as they used to be duty paid imports.So these cars used to hit anything (including pedestrians and bicycles) and hits were many as Indians were not used to the dynamics of front wheel drive cars. The punchline then used to be,"do not look at the person or object that has been hit as damages there are nil. See your Maruti and inspect its damage first!"
Your Hyundai seems to have incurred the wrath of this accident as you say the bike has not been damaged at all.

Such kind of things happen when you are at slow speed.

Certain things cannot be stopped.

Unfortunate zoomingbhat. Yes, leave it and keep moving. Make sure it is really necessary to repair, if you can manage it without, its fine. You will be used to it in a while :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomingbhat (Post 946327)
My first accident...

As if you're going to have many more, and you're enjoying it... lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 946386)
Lemme guess MS Ramaiah College ?

Spot on dude.It was degree college attender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 946374)
Unfortunate incident. These kind of incidents do happen no matter howmuch ever careful you are. All the people require is some traffic sense. You should have collected your friends and thrashed the attender there itself as he cannot go against the students. This would have really tought a lesson to him.

As i said earlier as the institution is run by Ex MLA this would have caused me more trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 946497)
Unfortunate zoomingbhat. Yes, leave it and keep moving. Make sure it is really necessary to repair, if you can manage it without, its fine. You will be used to it in a while :)

The Bumper is cracked and I cannot live with it.Also there is a small scrape in the right fender,So have to repaint the whole fender.

@zoomingbhat, you can use the multi-quote function to respond to many post in one shot. Its quite useful.

Unfortunate incident zoomingbhat and such morons are in every nook and corner.Damn! When will they ever realize to adhere to basic guidelines.

Same thing happend to me near tiptur while I was returning from Shimoga on Monday(18th Aug) evening. A bloody drunk biker just came n hit my rear bumper, my bumper fell off along with the silencer and a dent in dicky. The fault was totally on his side, but couldn't collect any money from him as damn bloody guy didn't have anything.
So the total estimate is 12K.
Planning to claim insurance. How much time does it take for the insurance amount to be disbursed after the repair. My insurance is with United India insurance Chikmagalur. How much amount do u think I need to shell out ??
Plastic/fibre bumper cost 2.5K
Painintg the bumper - 4K
Dicky paint - 3.5K
Labour - 1K approx
Tax -1K
Will the insurance refund full painting charge along with labour charge ?
Plastic /fiber is 50% depreciation.
Sad to see my car at this state. This is my first incident ever in lot many years of driving.