Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 22:12   #1
BHPian

lack Of Humanity and total disregard for a fellow human Being!

A Very Good Evening To every One,this particular incident happened to take place close to a week ago what transpired that NIght is as follows.

The time was 10:45 PM I was returning Home from my Office which is located in Sector 1 In Noida. Iam just at the turn wher i would turn towards My society Which is in sector 21 Jalvayu vihar,what happenes next shocks the living daylights out of me A honda Activa with 2 guys on it overtakes me at around 100 coz i was at 70 and they flew past.

The next thing that happenes is that theese guys after overtaking me dont come back to the correct lane and keep going on in the wrong lane,there is a Bike coming from the opposite side (HH Passion) and they go head on into each other and clip each other. The guys on the activa must have been at atleast 90kmph and believe you me they are flung of the activa and land a good 50 meters from it.

I stop and get off my bike hoping that they are alive, Irony is that neither of the 2 is wearing a helmet. The pillion is sitting on the road with the person riding in his lap bleeding from god knows how many places,It was absolutely shocking he was covered in blood with his face all red with blood. I quickly realize that theese guys are dead drunk absolutely off the charts drunk!! I ask them if they are okay the pillion is crying for help and mumbling, Suddenly i notice that he is sitting on the road with his Leg knee and below the other way around and i understand that his leg is gone.

meanwhile a crowd gathers and i try calling the police and ambulance but soon realize this is UP and they dont answer the God Damm Phones!.
So by now 4 cars have stopped and i request somebody to pls take them to the kailash hospital which is like 3 kms away, The guys with the cars refuse point blank Not 1 not 2 but all of them say that its not there Headache how theese guys reach the Hospital and why am i so bothered. I am Begging and pleading but they just watch on like its some circus.

20 mins have gone bye and since there is no one ready to help i stop a Cycle rickshaw and with the help of the rickshaw puller load the guys on the rickshaw the sight of those guys was like i just dont have words to explain , I tried real hard not to puke there was blood all over the guys plus i was worried about them falling off the rick as well, any how i followed the rickshaw on my bike to the hospital and got those guys admitted and left and reached home by 12.00 am.

I got home and was so angry that i could have knocked out tyson.
I mean how can you not offer to help somebody who is severely injured have we lost all sense of humanity and camradrie have the social values deteriorated to this pathetic state that i have to load 2 injured men on a rickshaw and take them to hospital, for heavens sake this is India not ethiopia or somailia we are an emerging super power and to see something like this on the road makes we wonder where we are heading, i have never felt so helpless in life.

P.S All you guys with cars pls stop and offer assistance if you ever come accros such a thing its the Humane thing to do.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 22:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good work. Its terrible to hear what has happened. Really insane people. No humanity at all. Hope the guys you have admitted to hospital are OK.
Old 20th August 2008, 22:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah well the last time we tried helping someone they turned on us at the hospital and if it wasnt for some well connected 'local' friends of mine who showed up the a$$^#% would have had their way too.
Old 20th August 2008, 22:59   #4
BHPian

well done mate!!
wish there are more people like you...you have added youself some good 'karma' points
Old 20th August 2008, 23:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

yes, it's very complicated issue. you have to expect a lot of things in system to change to improve it.

On a lighter note, I know somebody who stopped and stood outside his own car because he was bleeding from his nose after banging it on the steering wheel from an accident. It's just a car.
Old 20th August 2008, 23:37   #6
BANNED

Please dont question the amount of humanity the people who drove off have. If it was in bangalore, i could have been one of the guys who didnt care. If it was my hometown i would have probably be giving blood(if it matched) in the hospital.

Yes and i am ready to take the risk that maybe that someone on the road is related to me.

Have got in nasty situations twice, once bitten twice shy didnt help. Went and tried helping again. The whole of the victims family took turns to trouble me for couple of months.

My only fault, i was not a localite.

Sometimes i believe such drunks deserve this, i am happy they didnt kill anyone and have probably maimed themselves for life, a lesson that needs to be learned.
Old 20th August 2008, 23:48   #7
BANNED

The irony here is that if you help somebody in an accident, there're lots of chances that the people will make you the culprit and responsible for the crash.
Very near, a person known to me was beaten up at the hospital by the injured girl's relatives. All he did was to pull her bleeding body into his car and take her to the nearest hospital. He also called up her friends, relatives etc.. from her phone and soon they arrived. Then everything is history.

Now, if there's an accident and I'm around with my car. First thing I'll do is to take some local people with me to the hospital while carrying the injured/dead. There were many similar scenarios in the past 1 year. Once I had to remove my whole seat upholstery to clean the bloodstains.
The only irritating factor is that most of the time, it's a thankless job and sometimes inviting trouble.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:07   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
, it's a thankless job and sometimes inviting trouble.
i dont agree with the first part though.
have you forgotten the feeling when you return home after helping someone,

yes the second part is tricky i agree.
however the best way to deal with it is to call the police
(there may be other ways but i make sure never to give any phone numbers nor do i get involved in police complaint procedures)
Remember you are not the culprit and you need not give your name or phone number even to the police when they ask for witness,
Old 21st August 2008, 00:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
(there may be other ways but i make sure never to give any phone numbers nor do i get involved in police complaint procedures)
Remember you are not the culprit and you need not give your name or phone number even to the police when they ask for witness,

I don't know about other places, but Dont even think about doing that if you are in Karnataka, cops are leeches, and all they are bothered about is when will they wipe off whose pocket. I have first hand experience of getting into a lot of fabricated problems created by cops trying to help a car accident victim. My Idea is to get some locals involved and keep your own car far away from any of this even if you want to help anyone.
I went through 3 days of circus because I took a bleeding car collison driver to St John's hospital.
Maybe not all, but most cops have a very low moral fibre and at times none, and I have seen especially the Sub inspectors and constables act real real cheap.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:31   #10
BHPian

This is quite terrible thing that has happened and I can understand your point of view. But, as other have indicated that many people shy away from such situations as they have deal with cops and in case of fatality, they have to handle issues from the victims near and dear.

Having said this, I am not trying to justify, but just trying to see things from the other perspective.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Disgusting.
They for once should think that this could have happened with them
A Nice job none the less mate.
Cheers
God Bless you
Old 21st August 2008, 00:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
i dont agree with the first part though.
have you forgotten the feeling when you return home after helping someone,

yes the second part is tricky i agree.
Its always good to help people and i loved to do it untill 4 years back. I took one guy to the hospital - he was lying by the roadside (this incident took place in Jaipur) and was badly injured and unable to speak either. The guys at the hospital refused to admit him without an FIR from police ... so i went to the police station which was nearby and called the cops. They took my statement and the guy was admitted....till here this was the good part.

I was staying in my college hostel so i gave the same as my contact address. Now apparently this guy died and police caught the culprits too and launched a case in a local village court. By this time i had left college, joined a company in Delhi. Court started sending notices for me at my college address so that i can attend the proceedings and since i was no longer there, they went un-attended untill court issued a warrant against me for "dis-respect of the court" ... this sounds funny :-) and principal psyched out and called my home number.

Here is the twist now ... after this warrant, cops started visiting my home in Bikaner on a regular basis and started bothering my parents :-) This ended when i went to the court on some scheduled date... just to know that the case was already over couple of months back.... bummer!
Old 21st August 2008, 01:12   #13
BHPian

The people who have ran off from the scene would not have slept comfortably that night. I dont think its a lack of Humanity, but fear of the system where they live in
Old 21st August 2008, 07:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I dont think its a lack of Humanity, but fear of the system where they live in
Rightly put. In this world even if you want to help someone, then you need to have good local connections so you are saved in case of any unwanted trouble.

I really appreciate the responsibility you have taken to make sure they are hospitalized.

Its also pity that the so called emergency service has been of no help. This is what we need to change first. Even though the law says that there should not be any enquiry to the person who admits him to hospital, do you think its in effect?
Old 21st August 2008, 11:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Emergency services here are a joke. Cops complain that they will take half an hour even though they are 1 km away just because their vehicle is not there.
People dont want to lift the person when the cops are around else they wil be taken as witness. Have seen a situation where cops place an injured person on the floor of their van as the person was bleeding and he will dirty the van, The driver of the van asking"Laash zinda hai kya" The cop taking down details more interested in giving gaalis to the sumo driver who made no mistake.
Well this is how stuff works here. There should be a change on how things are made to work out here.

PS: This is writen after mmy experience helping a guy who was drunk on a bike and crashed into a sumo 1 km away from the police station and at 12 in the night. Not one soul came to help me and my roomie lift that guy from the middle of the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks