Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 12:17   #16
BHPian

Hi lancer_rit and Rudra Sen, unfortunate for these incidents to happen.

lancer_rit, guessing that the damage has been caused by a vehicle negotiating a turn. And probably one with no body coloured bumpers, as there are no streaks/residues of paint from it.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the commiserations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
This is truly sick man. Am not sure if all these are done by one car as the marks are all in different directions. It's a shame that some did this and did not have the courtesy or courage to accept it and report the same to security so that they can inform you. Shame.
The probability that 2 or more cars did this in 2 hours, seems unlikely. It was very difficult for me to follow how it happened given the angle and kind of damage. So, either the driver was drunk, or he is a novice driver and panicked ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
This is one of the worst nightmares
This why you see parking at owners risk signboard
even if the parking has 24X7 security
Yes :-( Today, I parked the car outside the hotel because, no way I can keep it there where such big dents happened, and security standing less than 10ft away didn't see it happen, hear it happen, and didn't see it afterwards also ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Oops, that's bad man. Hotel security guys must own up as to what happened, but that's in utopia.
So what's the assessment?
Will go the A.S.S. on saturday. My guess is between 10-15k - it looks like rear quarter panel needs to be replaced ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I've been through the same. But not in a hotel. You can see it here

Nothing much you can do here actually. Everybody in that hotel will shrug off any responsibility.
Rudra da, I had seen this thread and felt for you that time. For me, I had just spent 21k to repaint the car a couple of months back, and it happened in the open, in broad daylight and in a place, where I am totally lost how such sharp impacts happened (only thing I can guess is the incline contributed ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
lancer_rit, guessing that the damage has been caused by a vehicle negotiating a turn. And probably one with no body coloured bumpers, as there are no streaks/residues of paint from it.
It was a black colored car. If you look closely at the photos, you'll see black marks sticking on front and rear bumper.
It is more likely that the car was parked behind mine (driver side to the wall), it tried to reverse, and then turn to left and go infront (and the driver did this rashly and hit from the back). its the 2nd hit from the side that's not clear. Maybe gurus on the forum can re-construct the hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Very unfortunate, looks like a mini-truck steel bumper hit on the back (from the two parallel lines, eicher etc), the height is also indicative of a mini-truck as your rear bumper is not damaged below.

Does the hotel have water storage/ service area access through the parking area ??, could be one of their goods or water tanker.
That could be possible. I need to check for water storage etc. Will ask @ the hotel. I felt it may happen due to SUV, MUV as well - the height is a factor. I do have the minor scrapes on rear bumper, but more visible ones in front bumper ...

I had talked to the hotel GM, and he said no one has heard/seen it. The CCTV cameras don't directly look into that location though its 10ft from the entrance gate. He also said the footage is low resolution and won't show readable number plate etc (I had asked to check for any vehicle exiting which has right front side damage). He also kind of washed his hands off.

Last edited by ajmat : 21st August 2008 at 19:28.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thats a very nasty blow my friend.

Please try to write to Hotel Management and highlight the issue and you might end up getting paid for the damages.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Very unfortunate incident. Looks like the moron was drunk or did not know how to drive or turn his vehicle. You may get the insurance for this.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:23   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Will go the A.S.S. on saturday. My guess is between 10-15k - it looks like rear quarter panel needs to be replaced?
Check with A.S.S. You'll get an idea about the cost. I would suggest Suraksha (from where I got my job done) for this repair job.

Also I don't think that you have to replace that panel.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Check with A.S.S. You'll get an idea about the cost. I would suggest Suraksha (from where I got my job done) for this repair job.

Also I don't think that you have to replace that panel.
Yes, will think about going to Suraksha. There are very sharp bends from the rear side, and the also the sheet is ruptured in a couple of places - The taillight is broken and needs replacement - but let me see what this SM A.S.S. says ?
If I get the job from Suraksha, I should still be able to get the insurance claim, or ? So, that shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Old 21st August 2008, 21:35   #22
Team-BHP Support

No issue with insurance claim. Suraksha is a Maruti A.S.S.
Old 21st August 2008, 22:21   #23
BHPian

hi dude,sorry to hear about your incident you must be really hurt to see your newly painted baby damaged like that.This has happened either because the driver of the other car was drunk or he/she was just learning to drive.But i am surprised how the security guards who were just ten feet away did not hear any sound because the dent on the tail of the car looks quite deep and to make a deep dent a loud noise has to be heard plus in a basement parking sound echoes so i think there was enough noise for the security people to hear.Do the security guards note the number of vehicles entering the hotel premises?AND one more thing did you fight with any one on that day?what if this was a revenge taken by someone.
Old 21st August 2008, 22:28   #24
BHPian

Hey!

I was initially shocked to see the car being damaged as you were parking the car in the office basement . As I was thinking that your car was recently painted and even I was pleased to see the good paint job.

I am really sorry to see this on your car
Old 21st August 2008, 23:07   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I do 2 things as a precautionary measure in my office parking lot - I take 2 pics of the cars(registration numbers) that are immediately flanking mine to the left and right. I know that there wont be other cars after them due to the business vertical and timings where I work.
Old 22nd August 2008, 09:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
hi dude,sorry to hear about your incident you must be really hurt to see your newly painted baby damaged like that.This has happened either because the driver of the other car was drunk or he/she was just learning to drive.But i am surprised how the security guards who were just ten feet away did not hear any sound because the dent on the tail of the car looks quite deep and to make a deep dent a loud noise has to be heard plus in a basement parking sound echoes so i think there was enough noise for the security people to hear.Do the security guards note the number of vehicles entering the hotel premises?AND one more thing did you fight with any one on that day?what if this was a revenge taken by someone.
My feeling also regarding the traits of the errant driver. Some of my colleagues say its highly probably its done by valet parking at the hotel, so security is mum on the incident. They do note all car registration numbers coming in and leaving. I looked at that list but since I hadn't seen those cars, I cannot make out much.
I didn't have any tiff with anyone there - the car was parked on the ramp going down into the basement, and was in clear, open daylight 10ft or so from the entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
Hey!

I was initially shocked to see the car being damaged as you were parking the car in the office basement . As I was thinking that your car was recently painted and even I was pleased to see the good paint job.

I am really sorry to see this on your car
Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I do 2 things as a precautionary measure in my office parking lot - I take 2 pics of the cars(registration numbers) that are immediately flanking mine to the left and right. I know that there wont be other cars after them due to the business vertical and timings where I work.
Well, that's an idea. Probably, worth doing at regular office basement parking. Here, it was at a hotel parking - how, I wish, I had parked on the road outside ...
Old 25th August 2008, 15:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here is the update after showing the damage to Southern Motors A.S.S.
They said they can repair the rear quarter panel by denting, and there is not a need to change it (it seems if that was required, they would need to cut the original sheet at a point on the roof lining and running board, as this part is not a separate piece like the front fenders)
Tail Light = 4700 (was 6300+), and total cost around ~10.75k + taxes.. - so it fits to the lower end of my range of 10-15k !

Now, the issue is if I do this at Suraksha, how will they source the Lancer taillight (insurance will pay 50% I was told) - also, India Garage is more convenient a location from my home on Airport Road.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:57   #28
Team-BHP Support

You can get it done from southern motors but you have to go there everyday and keep checking on them.

If you do face any issues send me a PM and I'll help you out.

Surakshaa can source the tail lights as they are available in the market for cheaper but they may or not be the original HM parts. HM will not sell you the part over the counter.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
In BOTH cases we received a reply and an apology. In BOTH cases the Taj asked us for a copy of the bill to undo the damage and paid it in full a few weeks later.
I was very impressed. Of course the managing director is a member of the Taj Inner Circle Club and I do not know if that helped his case.
Yes it does! I don't think they would have paid damages for a commoner's car.

For 5-stars, it is a prestige issue in parking of cars also. Expensive cars are always in the front row or the most visible slots. Unfortunately that may not be the most safest of places.

Worst still, almost all 5 stars are allergic to bikes. I have been turned of from Hilton, ITC Grand Maratha and InterContinental because I was on a 2 wheeler. In case of ITC, I had to park 200m away, take an auto-rickshaw to the entrance.

lancer_rit: There is one thing you can do. If you have made any payments to the hotel using credit cards, hold them and ask the hotel you won't clear their dues until all damages are paid.

Don't let them get away easily.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
You can get it done from southern motors but you have to go there everyday and keep checking on them.

If you do face any issues send me a PM and I'll help you out.

Surakshaa can source the tail lights as they are available in the market for cheaper but they may or not be the original HM parts. HM will not sell you the part over the counter.
Yes vid, Southern Motors means follow ups. Thanks for offering the help.

Do you have suraksha motors' Ramamurthy's contact details ? Maybe I can speak to him about the taillight etc ?

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks