Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 16:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Although his car got dirty but the apology and wash offer should have calmed him down. Nothing was deliberate here but circumstantial.

But his being angry was also natural human behaviour.

Forget it, Move on !!
Old 27th August 2008, 16:42   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

To be brutally honest, I think you'r losing your sleep over a very small thing. It happens all the time on the road to almost everyone once in a while even if not the exactly the same thing.

And, matters as small as this are usually sorted out with an apology, wave of the hand, a nice smile etc.

And, if your apology is not accepted then too bad, you just have to ignore him/her, that's all.

So my advise to you is to chill and continue living your life
Old 27th August 2008, 17:00   #18
BHPian

"Do you deserve that" - No.

But I would narrate an instance which occured in our office with a fellow-tbhp member. His car had scratched another one unintentionally, and our guy mailed the org with the victim-car-num and sorted out the issue.

I guess you could have done something like that. But this is not an incident losing your sleep over.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aha, I've noticed that all these blokes on Team BHP are biased. Had it been their car getting splashed with muck by a guy, they would have been fuming mad. Cuss words would be yelled, tempers would rise and the poor bloke and his family would be abused till eternity. But hey, you're a girl and ofcourse its someone else's car, so the chivalrous guys are all out to mollify you.

Not fair dudes. ;-)

Anyways, jokes apart, the guy was probably upset at seeing his immaculate car all covered in slush, so I cant blame him for being upset. But know what, its not that big a deal, it was muck, will get washed off and no ones hurt. But hell yes, it would be a good idea to post a Sorry note in future. Like Lambuhere said, An apology really cools tempers. And it was a mistake, so apologizing would be in order.

BTW, hope your car is allright, the clutch is not really fried is it? Maybe you ought to point it out during the next service so that they can take a looksee.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 27th August 2008 at 17:05.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

It would have been better if you had left a apology note on the windsheild. Anyway, there wasn't much that you can do if your wheels are stuck. No way that you can try to take ur vehicle out without getting a bit of dirt here and there.

But then, the other person is also possessive of his vehicle. How many of us would like if someone sprays slush on our vehicle and go. We dont, isnt it.

But then, many of us just do not think logically when we find our beloved ride like that.

So all cool. And do not be took harsh on yourself. He should have taken your offer for the wash. Maybe, after few days, you can seek him out and tell him the situation, I am sure he would be very understanding.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
So my advise to you is to chill and continue living your life
I couldn't have put it any better myself.

He had a reason to be upset & you had yours - both justified & no need to take it all on your shoulders I feel. The incident is over, move ahead
Old 27th August 2008, 17:08   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Aha, I've noticed that all these blokes on Team BHP are biased. Had it been their car getting splashed with muck by a guy, they would have been fuming mad. Cuss words would be yelled, tempers would rise and the poor bloke and his family would be abused till eternity. But hey, you're a girl and ofcourse its someone else's car, so the chivalrous guys are all out to mollify you.

Not fair dudes. ;-)

Anyways, jokes apart, the guy was probably upset at seeing his immaculate car all covered in slush, so I cant blame him for being upset. But know what, its not that big a deal, it was muck, will get washed off and no ones hurt. But hell yes, it would be a good idea to post a Sorry note in future. Like Lambuhere said, An apology really cools tempers. And it was a mistake, so apologizing would be in order.

BTW, hope your car is allright, the clutch is not really fried is it? Maybe you ought to point it out during the next service so that they can take a looksee.
This reply could have been very simple and short, you've spoken too much for nothing.

Your view point.

What we all meant was its a mistake and is a part of life.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Can I just leave one comment?

Most posters here (99%) are men. Your koshun is a girly koshun which isnt clearly being answered with typical men logic I am seeing. What do your girl friends say?
Old 27th August 2008, 17:28   #24
BHPian

Thank you for the response.

I will be getting my car checked this Saturday only. I really won’t be able to sleep till I know everything’s just fine.

Regarding this incidence, I don’t think taking in a rude way can solve any situation. There is a way to voice your concern. My problem was certainly not his point that his car got dirty because of me; my problem was the way he spoke with me.

Trust me when he left I was sitting with my head in my hands. For a few minutes I didn’t know how to react.

I wish all men were polite.

I am thankful to God that those who are known to me are, and they really respect women.

I know many of you would have ignored this incidence if it was your car (even if you would have felt angry on me).

Sometimes granting people for their mistakes means a lot.
Thanks a ton.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:40   #25
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
I mean, I need to know that was it really wrong on my part that I didn’t tried to find out about this car’s owner
Perhaps a note of apology with an offer to pay for a wash would have been appropriate when you first noticed your action had soiled a neighbour's car

Quote:
Am I selfish that I bothered about my car only and didn’t bother about saying sorry to this person? I mean, did I really deserve this.
Actually, I hate myself for everything. I hate myself for driving into this ditch like a blind person
Aren't you being too hard on yourself? Its like an accident. You didn't mean to do it. You apologised to the guy. End of story. I see no need to arrive at conclusions about yourself!

On the flip side you should be happy that you care about how people view you and don't want to be seen as someone who is insensitive and uncaring. That's a positive trait.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:44   #26
BHPian

Dude you offered him a free car wash that was more than enough...so just get out of it. Had you banged his car and had left it, things would have been different..Even he would have done the same if he was in your position.

When a car gets stuck, the first thing that comes to ones mind is how to get it out out of the menace....and that's exactly what you did !!
Old 27th August 2008, 17:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Chin up & Smile, miss.

That was not an intentional act, and you have offered to redress the damage.

Just, pls remember what Rudra said. Think twice before you set your wheels where there's water / soft mud.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:48   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Dude you offered him
Dude the creator of this thread is a dudette and not a dude, dude!
Old 27th August 2008, 17:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
Sometimes granting people for their mistakes means a lot.
Thanks a ton.

Good thing abt it was that you spoke about it on this forum. You are able to release your anger, pain o whatever you want to put it and now you are a peaceful person.

Have a good night sleep. Your baby (vehicle) will be as good as ever.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Just chill yaar aise hota hai.

That guy had a reason to get angry but common you can talk to him about it sometime when he his mood is better i feel. Just give it a try.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed