Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 18:39   #31
BHPian

team-bhp is now a confession & remorse box...

take a chill pill lady, it happens, do not expect everybody to be nice to you.. ignore if you do not like but, be sincere....
Old 27th August 2008, 18:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Dude the creator of this thread is a dudette and not a dude, dude!
My Apologies . Have hardly come across dudtette's in this forum .
Old 27th August 2008, 20:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Girlie: taking up on your perspective from a different thread, this is the way probably men would have reacted if anything wrong was done to their rides.

Well, no fault of yours as anyone of us in a similar situation would have done the same. And the reaction of any man would have been the same as that of your office colleague.

Don't sweat much on this, coz, your reaction is true to your perspective Maybe a man in your place wouldn't have even twitched a brow at that behaviour.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

Well, no fault of yours as anyone of us in a similar situation would have done the same.
But would you have bully'ed a girl?
Especially, when she is already saying sorry and offering to get the car washed also?

Last edited by Zappo : 27th August 2008 at 21:36. Reason: Please do not break a single logical post into multiple ones. Try to use multiquote and edit buttons if necessary. Posts merged.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
Especially, when she is already saying sorry and offering to get the car washed also?
This is what happens when you do some thing to the loved ones. Usually, men does not want anyone to mess up with their rides (even their wife and kids). Hence he might have walked away mumbling something.

Lets be practical, if he had not come to you, he would have definately given the set of "his best gallis" after seeing his car which you may not hear at all. This is my opinion but others may differ on this...

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th August 2008 at 22:00.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:08   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

oh damn.
I am thinking of so many replies but none which will pass the mods scrutiny without leaving a couple of infractions on my account.

Girlie, leave it.
The issue is over.

Unless you do it again to his car and want to post what happened.

I hope this thread inspires someone to start going around saying sorry. a la Ranbir Kapoor from Bachna ae Haseeno.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:16   #37
Sar
BHPian

Hey there. IMO the guy is sad. It was just mud. You could have left a note on his car, offering to pay for it to be cleaned, but he should get a life. Sorry, but there are more important things to worry about eh. Don't worry about it, tomorrow is another day, make sure you park your car far, far away from his
Old 27th August 2008, 22:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
You know what, since you apologised to him and he refused to budge and instead swore at you, what I would have done had I been in your place would be that I would do it again. Why? you may ask. Just to get him more agitated and get him to swear at me again. Then I would have made him realise what it means to swear! Some people think that raising their voices gives them an opportunity to prove that they are right and others are wrong. So such people need to be taught a lesson in their own language, which in this case is swearing ;-)

I know this is absurd, but hey, its just my 2 cents. cheers:
Old 27th August 2008, 22:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
You know what, since you apologised to him and he refused to budge and instead swore at you, what I would have done had I been in your place would be that I would do it again. Why? you may ask. Just to get him more agitated and get him to swear at me again. Then I would have made him realise what it means to swear! Some people think that raising their voices gives them an opportunity to prove that they are right and others are wrong. So such people need to be taught a lesson in their own language, which in this case is swearing ;-)
But you are a man and she is the girl. Hence she might haven't raised her voice and if she did also, it would have looked absurd inside an office.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:30   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
But you are a man and she is the girl. Hence she might haven't raised her voice and if she did also, it would have looked absurd inside an office.
Hey you mean you have never been at the recieving end of a woman shouting and screaming and related stuff.
Man you are one lucky guy.

just kidding. no offense meant.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I meant had I been her (as a girl). I would have liked it to be absurd. Nothing is more satisfactory (as a girl) than to see a rude man being taught a lesson and get embarrassed at the hands of a girl!
Old 27th August 2008, 22:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Hey you mean you have never been at the recieving end of a woman shouting and screaming and related stuff.
Man you are one lucky guy.
Nope not at public places/office.....
Old 27th August 2008, 22:46   #43
BHPian

Such experiences are frustrating, but lets face it, we are in such a crowded world and these things are bound to happen. We cannot change that so easily. But what we can change is the way we react.

I would possible have reacted exactly like Girlie did. But the take away from this thread is that we can just leave a note of Sorry on the car and that should have made the other guy feel much better.

Secondly, I think the whole system is responsible - the corporation for digging up the road, lack of parking places leading to people parking outside, daily frustrations etc. So, feeling bad for someone Else's incompetence is not advisable.

Last edited by deep_bang : 27th August 2008 at 22:47.
Old 27th August 2008, 23:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I would say he has been reasonable in his feelings. He did not make a scene or anything. Part of his anger comes from the effort he would have spent in tracking the owner of the car (you), and he would have felt you had been irresponsible to dirty and disappear. Probably he already got his car cleaned and he was not looking for your wash offer (which to him appears a reaction to being found out), rather was looking to make a point. But maybe your sorry transformed his screams into the mumbles. I am just thinking from the guy's perspective.

Maybe you should have managed to get someone in office to clean up with a bucket of water immediately after the incident, or posted a note with your number etc.

All said, this is common on the road and has to be taken in the stride.

Last edited by Glass : 27th August 2008 at 23:14.
Old 27th August 2008, 23:41   #45
BHPian

Well Well Well
With due respect to everyone, I personally think that Delhites have a habbit of using their tongue more than their mind in situations like these. What was he trying to prove is beyond my imagination. So girlie on wheels, I won't fret this much about it. Take a chil pill and pass one onto the bloke as well.

Drive safe
M2S
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks