Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 09:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Now that's a very hypothetical question. How would I've behaved at that moment is what I can't say now. Human mind reacts differently to the same situation at different times & places and all of it depends on the frame of mind that person is at that moment.

It would be hypocritical on my part if I say that I wouldn't have behaved the way that person did, because I don't know. My reaction could've been different vis-a-vis female and a male, or maybe not..

Again, the way you look & feel about it is a female perspective. Had you been a male, then maybe there would have been some sharp exchanges and the story would've ended. Maybe not even..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
But would you have bully'ed a girl?
Especially, when she is already saying sorry and offering to get the car washed also?
Now, now, that is a very strong statement to make and generalise. I probably wouldn't do this.

BTW, what would a gurgaonite or a noidaite or a UPiite or a punjabi or a Sindhi and so on so forth, behave in such a situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
Well Well Well
With due respect to everyone, I personally think that Delhites have a habbit of using their tongue more than their mind in situations like these.

Drive safe
M2S
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2008 at 11:25. Reason: See Note in Post
Old 28th August 2008, 09:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

There are no absolute answers to these "moral dilemmas" except from absolute dogmatists. What you have here on this thread is several people saying "yea" or "ney", some giving reasons. Is their thinking any better than your own? If you get 99 people to agree with you, what have you proved?
Old 28th August 2008, 10:01   #48
BHPian

Thought of sharing experience i had today morning. After I dropped my wifey at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad, I took the route to Hitec city through the Banjara hills Rd 12. I have not driven in that road for quite some time. On the way, just before Appolo hospital there were some pot holes filled with water. These pot holes were just after a curve on the road, I could not see them early. I did slow down but couldn't avoid splashing water(not much though). There was one Auto on the left end lane of the road and to my blind spot, I was not sure if splashed him with water. within 50 mts there was a traffic stop and this Auto guy came near to me and started saying something and then I realised that I did splash him. That's indeed a bad thing from me as I could have braked hard and took those pot holes at dead slow speed. I straight away apologized to him and offered the cloth(I always keep a fresh towel in the gloves compartment) to clean. He did not say anything and he shook his head and said "theekay". Ofcourse that was not a good way to start his day.
Somehow I was shook by this and I drove very(read extra) cautiously till my office. Back to those nervous days.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Especially, when she is already saying sorry and offering to get the car washed also?
Anger over one's car is like a fart. It compels to be let out. Not that the recipient had anything to do with it. But ...

Last edited by phamilyman : 28th August 2008 at 10:46.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking about your thread this morning - was going through a patch of muddy water & there was this sparkling white Swift next to me who got muddy water right up past his wheel wells. I was almost going to offer to pay for a wash but then decided against it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Now, now, that is a very strong statement to make and generalise. I probably wouldn't do this.

BTW, what would a gurgaonite or a noidaite or a UPiite or a punjabi or a Sindhi and so on so forth, behave in such a situation?
Upto the Gurgaonite & Noidaite, your comparison was apt (since it could refer to people from all states) but methinks you moved into dangerous territory thereafter (with specific references).

M2S did refer to Delhiites, not any specific states as such

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Anger over one's car is like a fart. It compels to be let out. Not that the recipient had anything to do with it. But ...
Hitanshu, that was a DISGUSTING analogy - but very apt, nonetheless!

Last edited by suman : 28th August 2008 at 10:55.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:07   #51
Team-BHP Support

Possibly, the guy was someone like me, who washes his own car. But then again, if someone offerred to have my car washed, i would take it up. :P

Just a lighter side of looking at it, thats all.
Forget it, and move on.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Thought of sharing experience i had today morning. After I dropped my wifey at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad, I took the route to Hitec city through the Banjara hills Rd 12. I have not driven in that road for quite some time. On the way, just before Appolo hospital there were some pot holes filled with water. These pot holes were just after a curve on the road, I could not see them early. I did slow down but couldn't avoid splashing water(not much though). There was one Auto on the left end lane of the road and to my blind spot, I was not sure if splashed him with water. within 50 mts there was a traffic stop and this Auto guy came near to me and started saying something and then I realised that I did splash him. That's indeed a bad thing from me as I could have braked hard and took those pot holes at dead slow speed. I straight away apologized to him and offered the cloth(I always keep a fresh towel in the gloves compartment) to clean. He did not say anything and he shook his head and said "theekay". Ofcourse that was not a good way to start his day.
Somehow I was shook by this and I drove very(read extra) cautiously till my office. Back to those nervous days.
i think offering the cloth was the best way to say sorry and defuse the situation . i know how it feels to have been splashed with water - was standing on a corner to cross and a bpo indica splashed - yup did curse though was not much he could have done to avoid the pot holes - the ones which are visible are as huge as a crater - the rest they are just too small to keep on slowing your car every time you spot one.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:13   #53
BHPian

Thanks Guys.

You know what I went home trying to accept that it’s over, and tried to discuss it lightly with my family over dinner. They all said, “Hey ignore the issue”.
And then when I went to bed I felt sad, and I asked myself – How many times I am supposed to ignore people being rude to me, and I said to myself that I am not going to call this a mistake anymore. I did it un-intentionally.

The guy was rude.

And he had all the guts to come and throw his attitude on me just because he knew that this has been done by a girl’s car. Trust me I strongly feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Had you been a male, then maybe there would have been some sharp exchanges and the story would've ended.

Had I been at his place, I would have walked around my car then noticed the car standing next to mine in an equally pathetic situation so I would have just ignored it assuming the guy must have had a tough time.

Or in an extreme case (which I really don't think would have happened), even if I would have gone to this person to make this person realize what he/she did, I would have been much more polite. And I would have defiantly asked about his car, because being a car owner I understand the plight of other car owners when they get stuck in a situation like that.

Forgive me but I hate men who bully women.
I feel sad when someone is rude towards me like that. It makes me feel so sad inside my heart.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:19   #54
BHPian

I've always wondered why women expect special treatment for certain matters, yet demand equality in others. Make up your mind woman!

Seriously speaking, this is a very minor issue, don't worry too much about it.
OR
Go to work early tomorrow, park next to him , push his car in a ditch, sling some mud on YOUR car, go upto the office and shout at him, and when he offers you a wash walk away mumbling something(twinkle twinkle little star can look surprisingly offensive).
...uhm..never mind, go with the first option :|

Last edited by Amien : 28th August 2008 at 11:22. Reason: added not so brilliant second option
Old 28th August 2008, 11:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Go to work early tomorrow, park next to him , push his car in a ditch, sling some mud on YOUR car, go upto the office and shout at him, and when he offers you a wash walk away mumbling something(twinkle twinkle little star can look surprisingly offensive).
...uhm..never mind, go with the first option :|
That's the best reply

I just wanted to say out aloud that no one would like to dirty a stranger’s car deliberately...!
Don’t you think so?

I thought of writing a mail to that guy but I am not going to do that, because I don’t think the guy with such a small heart will ever understand it (besides I am not going to waste my time looking for his name also – whatever his name may be, I will always call him as a Shikhandi).

FYI – I realized that he sits in the same floor as I do and that too very close to my desk. It’s defiantly going to make me feel more agitated, but it’s ok. I am going to increase my HQ (Happiness Quotient) to a level that rude people like him lose their complete existence around me.
Have a very nice day
Old 28th August 2008, 12:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Your mistake is that you are a female.

Consider this scenario: the guys comes up to you. (You are a guy). He blows his lid and abuses you. Then after all the hurling is done with, he cools down, and you two talk sense. Later both realize what a stupid situation it is, and not worth worrying to death.

You offer apologies, he offers apologies. Both agree for a beer. You both have beer, listen to some music, watch some stupid match on TV, bitch and curse boss/wife/work/life/India ...
and become best buddies.

BUT, since that guy couldn't blow his lid, he kept it all bottled up. Hence, the situation that you faced.

Second thing, a guy in your situation would've just shrugged it off : calling that abuser a jerk (if things didn't happen the way I said they might).
Old 28th August 2008, 12:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
If you get 99 people to agree with you, what have you proved?
I'm wondering the same thing since yesterday.

People behave so very differently when it comes to females and they dont have to loose anything giving them unnecessary leverage.

i think i should ask that guy to have a look at this thread and reply with what actually happened.

Do you guys want that for Friday fun ?

P.S. Mods,please close the thread,we are not achieving anything out of here.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:07   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i think i should ask that guy to have a look at this thread and reply with what actually happened.

Do you guys want that for Friday fun ?
Go ahead I am in for the game.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

You are trying to read between the lines. It was difficult to add an 'ite' to everything, so colloquially I mentioned Punjabi, Sindhi and so on and so forth. It wasn't directed at any community in particular.

And btw, Delhi on its own happens to be a state and mentioning Delhiites means the whole state. Isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Upto the Gurgaonite & Noidaite, your comparison was apt (since it could refer to people from all states) but methinks you moved into dangerous territory thereafter (with specific references).

M2S did refer to Delhiites, not any specific states as such

This made me burst out laughing. This mytho charecter from Mahabharata is generally very disparagingly referred nowadays.

On second thought, and going by your own logic of perspective, he was not bullying you. You thought so. On a routine day this would have been a general behaviour by anyone.

Quote:
That's the best reply

(besides I am not going to waste my time looking for his name also – whatever his name may be, I will always call him as a Shikhandi).

MODS: please close this thread as discussion has gone too far and digressing too. The topic has reached its end & tether.

Last edited by gd1418 : 28th August 2008 at 12:14.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

I would have been as furious, as the guy in question, if not more furious, is something similar had happened to me. Irrespective of the gender of the responsible person. Especially is after having spent a couple of hours on a SUnday to wash my car, and then the incident happened on a Monday morning
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks