Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 15:12   #16
BHPian

Actually now you can, the HC order to increase all fines by 500 was stayed. So now everything has gone back to what it was. This is what I read sometime ago, if there has been a change since then I am not aware of the same.
Old 13th November 2008, 15:32   #17
BHPian

Is there an option wherein we can fine the cops for bad signages, placing the barricades dangerously, etc?
Old 13th November 2008, 19:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Is there an option wherein we can fine the cops for bad signages, placing the barricades dangerously, etc?
No - unfortunately not, however - if you are fined due to these - you can contest your challan in the court and get a waiver. However its a long and tedious process.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:25   #19
BHPian

Amidst all these rules, where is rule for defective/modified silencers? Is this to facilitate 3 wheeler autos, which are playing havoc in cities like Bangalore & Chennai?
Old 14th November 2008, 14:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreddy View Post
Amidst all these rules, where is rule for defective/modified silencers? Is this to facilitate 3 wheeler autos, which are playing havoc in cities like Bangalore & Chennai?
There was a major issue on this: noise levels of autos. An auto rickshaw union had assured publicly a while ago that they would look into this. Nothing has been odne so far.

Cops are aware that 9 out of 10 autos have modified\altered silencers, they do not seem to be bothered about it.
Old 15th December 2008, 22:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

My friend got caught using a mobile phone. But the fact is he parked on the side of the road and took the call. The cop asked 500Rs and since he did not have that much in cash at that point, they took his licence and gave chalan for driving dangerously and talking on mobile phone and asked him to go the police station and collect the licence back. He was shocked that the car was parked and this

How much is the fine ? What must be taken care? How to go about this? He wanted to know before he goes to the station. Will it be a good idea to grease some constable and get off?

He asked me to check with my TBHP friends -
Old 15th December 2008, 23:16   #22
BHPian

Grease or no ? Dilemma, and solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
My friend got caught using a mobile phone. But the fact is he parked on the side of the road and took the call. The cop asked 500Rs and since he did not have that much in cash at that point, they took his licence and gave chalan for driving dangerously and talking on mobile phone and asked him to go the police station and collect the licence back. He was shocked that the car was parked and this

How much is the fine ? What must be taken care? How to go about this? He wanted to know before he goes to the station. Will it be a good idea to grease some constable and get off?

He asked me to check with my TBHP friends -
You have to take this incidence to the MLA of your area.

He unfortunately if, if is a dog then he will suggest take the matter in court.

Else if he's a decent human he will make amends with the cops, rather your friend should have been extremely decent on the job, have recorded the scene of the bribe ask and then recorded the scene and exchange of cash by mobile phone camera.

Thanks Nokia. It curbs corruption, unfortunately the people who appreciate you donno how to use the technology.

Sorry for being curt, the forum is not a place where on the spur thinking needs to be applied

Hope you understand.

Regards
Old 16th January 2009, 15:45   #23
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

What is the fine if your emission cert period is expired for a car? A cop was charging me 600 bucks!
Old 16th January 2009, 15:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

If you look at point 62 in first post's attachment its Rs500 for Emission related offense
Old 16th January 2009, 16:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Folks,

What is the fine if your emission cert period is expired for a car? A cop was charging me 600 bucks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
If you look at point 62 in first post's attachment its Rs500 for Emission related offense
A few months back a cop challaned me for not having the PUC and he showed me the list which said Rs600. I had only 300 bucks with me so he checked what came in rs 300 and gave me a chalan for driving without license .
Old 17th January 2009, 15:23   #26
manukale

Sometimes Dadagiri helps ;)

This happened in Sept'08 when I was in Aurangabad. One of my friend, who had gone to Goa for job purpose, came back to Aurangabad again after changing the job. Hardly had 15 days were passed of his returning.

On the fifth day from GaneshPooja (which was a Sunday), this friend & his wife requested me & my wife to accompany them to immerse the Ganesh Idol in a pond near Daulatabad (some 11 km away from Au'bad). The idea was to perform the rituals & to have a short outing too.

My friend own MS Zen Estillo, which had Goa regn. no. While going to Daulatabad on the Nasik highway, you have to take right turn. This is called as "Daulatabad T-point". We noticed that 3 polcemen (NOT the traffic police ) were "checking" vehicles on this T-point. I shown it & cautioned my friend. He told me that he had all the valid papers & permissions. We were tension-free. & we enjoyed the trip a lot.

While returning, these policemen stopped us. One of them saw all the papers & on not seeing the PUC asked Ganpati's "chanda" of Rs. 1000/- . My friend (fake) told that he stayed at Goa & would be returning shortly there. (just to avoid further litigations pertaining to the change in regn. no. etc.) To this, the other policeman brought the amount down to Rs. 800/-on the pretext that the court case would cost more & attending the case from Goa would add to the cost.

When I told them that I stay at Aurangabad & can look after the proceedings, they were little disappointed. Further I shouted at them and told that the vehicle was only 1 year 2 months old. Every company's "warranty" on the vehicle - including the pollution goes for 3 years & thus no separate PUC was required. Instead why do they not take any action against the Kerosene-mixed 6 seaters? One of the police got angry on this & "posed" to "tear a challan" on my friend!! When I said that I have got all the buckle nos. etc. & I would lodge a complaint against you for asking bribe, the other policeman promptly returned all the papers & let us go - without paying any money.

Not to mention, we first went to the immediate next Petrol Pump & got the PUC in place. Secondly I rang one of my friend in advertising dept. of a daily publication & told this to him.(Don't know what he did) from next day onwards there were no policemen at the T-point!!

This taught us: Sometimes "Dadagiri" helps.

Last edited by manukale : 17th January 2009 at 15:27.

Old 17th January 2009, 19:40   #27
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
A few months back a cop challaned me for not having the PUC and he showed me the list which said Rs600. I had only 300 bucks with me so he checked what came in rs 300 and gave me a chalan for driving without license .
I guess I was lucky, just paid 100 bucks and immediately got the certificate at the next petrol station.
Old 29th January 2009, 08:19   #28
Team-BHP Support

Here is the updated list of offences.

List of Traffic offences and applicable fine. Fines set to increase 10-fold-untitled.jpg

Source: Pune Police - Traffic Branch

And the most interesting bit:

Note : Under section 177 of Motor Vehicle Act
Fine charged for rule violation done by Cab and Auto Rickshaw is Rs 50/- and for Other Vehicles fine is Rs 100/-
Old 29th January 2009, 08:54   #29
BHPian

thats a very comprehensive list...but only these checks are done atleast in hyd
- No helmet
-No RC
-No DL
-No insurance
-No PUC
-No Seatbelt

no insurance is the newest rule i learnt..he wanted to challan me for that..but even after telling him that i have the insurance papers at home...didnt let me off... was asking me a bribe of rs100...i told him NO and asked him to give me a challan...finally settled for rs50
Old 14th February 2009, 17:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
My friend got caught using a mobile phone. But the fact is he parked on the side of the road and took the call.
Same case happened with me. As I parked on the side of the road and took a call, Policewala asked me to pay fine for 'talking in the mobile phone'. When I pointed out I am not driving, he asked me to give fine for 'parking in a no parking zone'. I was able to talk my way out.

On a separate incident in Ulsoor, I was following a bus, and because of it's height I could not see the signal from my driving seat in Zen. But after seeing it red, I stopped, albeit beyond the stop line (painted, as well as virtual one, where all other vehicle were stopping). I could not take the car back, as there were already cars behind mine. To my bad luck, there was an seargent in that signal, he gave me challan on 'jumping the signal', while I was trying to explain him, he asked whether I want one for 'dangerous driving' also. Paid the fine and drove on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks