Team-BHP - List of Traffic offences and applicable fine. Fines set to increase 10-fold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   List of Traffic offences and applicable fine. Fines set to increase 10-fold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/45226-list-traffic-offences-applicable-fine-fines-set-increase-10-fold.html)

I came across this sheet on - Pune Police - Traffic Branch , that gives details on offenses that you can be held for by an on duty traffic policeman and the liable fine for the offense. I am unsure if this is the latest one but I would like to appeal to all those who enjoy sneaking in a Rs. 50/- note to pay up fines instead of adding up to corruption:

List of Traffic offences and applicable fine. Fines set to increase 10-fold-rto_pune_fine.jpg

Mods, move it to the right section if applicable.

Lolz!!! 70rules i am sure our traffic police pandu's cant even answer 7rules out of those heheheheehehehehe..

I think these are common rules across India cos I have seen the same ones in Karnataka RTO website also. Might be that they all follow the so called "Central Motor Vehicles Act" and take all the money to the state treasury.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramie2400 (Post 964627)
Lolz!!! 70rules i am sure our traffic police pandu's cant even answer 7rules out of those heheheheehehehehe..

Well come on, its not their fault. Their question paper might be starting with "Answer any 7 out 70"

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 964782)
Well come on, its not their fault. Their question paper might be starting with "Answer any 7 out 70"

:)

Yup, and to pass all they need to do is answer 3 right!

I have seen most of this in Bangalore RTOs also. But is anybody following these things baring few of them? Out of 70 rules, only 5 or max 10 might be followed right now. Even policemen do not follow these. they violate most of these rules leave alone the normal citizens.

I was stopped once doing a sedated 40+ spped on by bullet along with other bikers. I was wearing helmet, had all my papers , PUC and everything. Aftre all the checks the cops really got frustrated and started check my bike throughly. One cop beeped my horns nad Viola!! He said you have changed your factory horns!!

Now this guy took 200 ruppes from me, gave recipt of 300 (total 500). Do you know what receipt said "No parking charges" :Frustrati

I was running late for my morning team meeting and had no time or inclination to fight with the scum of the society. After few such experience I lost my faith in the system.

So from that point in time I made up my mind. Every time I am being stopped by cops all I do is slip 100 Rs note without showing my license or papers . Cops happily accpt the "Chanda" with head bowed and go to next bakara.

I have no connection to high racking offficials and time to run to courts to prove that I am not guilty. I have started thinking this as my "Road Tax".
I find throwing 100rs notes at them is much less frustrating than to deal with them.

I know I will be flamed for adding up to the corruption in the society. I accept my weakness :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 964917)
I have seen most of this in Bangalore RTOs also. But is anybody following these things baring few of them? Out of 70 rules, only 5 or max 10 might be followed right now. Even policemen do not follow these. they violate most of these rules leave alone the normal citizens.

Why not start yourself by setting an example instead of blaming the system each time? Take a print out from the official bangalore website which lists applicable fines.

I move around with a camera these days and click pics of offending motorists. Yes I have a lot of time in my life with current traffic conditions in Pune and this is what keeps me company on my painful 2 hour drive from work. I send these pictures to Pune mirror on a weekly basis, hoping they will publish them one day. I did see success somewhere when a picture of a biker going triple seat on the road was tracked down by the RTO after a picture submitted by another reader was put in the papers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitrk (Post 965033)
One cop beeped my horns nad Viola!! He said you have changed your factory horns!!

Now this guy took 200 ruppes from me, gave recipt of 300 (total 500). Do you know what receipt said "No parking charges" :Frustrati

I was running late for my morning team meeting and had no time or inclination to fight with the scum of the society. After few such experience I lost my faith in the system.

Whose fault is it to accept a "No Parking" receipt for Rs. 200/-? No parking charges are anyways not 200 bucks as seen in the list above. Wouldn't a print out of the list above in your daily office bag help? I am sure I can talk my way out of a scenario when I am not offending in anyway.

Quote:

So from that point in time I made up my mind. Every time I am being stopped by cops all I do is slip 100 Rs note without showing my license or papers . Cops happily accpt the "Chanda" with head bowed and go to next bakara.
Way to go. What can I say!

Quote:

I have no connection to high racking offficials and time to run to courts to prove that I am not guilty. I have started thinking this as my "Road Tax".
I find throwing 100rs notes at them is much less frustrating than to deal with them.
You don't need to be "connected to any official" to walk your way out of any scenario. And neither will you be produced in court for having different horns than the ones provided by the factory unless you have air horns trumpeting on your bike while you zip around town. You could start off by pointing out that none of the Bullets that cops use have RVM's. Did you ever notice? Take down his employee id or whatever identifies him and pass me the info. I'll make sure it makes the required noise. A small digital picture would help as well.

Your words/experience put little faith in me.
About the horns , no way air horns I hate those myself. All I had was magnasound 3 inch diameter. When I complained about the parking ticket, he simply threatened me that if I don't cough up he will issue "Rash Driving" ticket on top of this.

Anyway this is 3 year old story. I have given up bike completely due to craze road traffic and happy to be in cage. One funny observation , ever since I moved to car 100% , I have never been stopped by the cops. They are always after two wheelers.

Your digital snaps thingi intrests me. Can you let me know the email address you send this snaps. I should start using my N95 better.

I somehow feel that this is not the updated one.

Good One Kiran,

One official fine that I want to know is for not having PUC as I have heard cops saying that its 1000 Bucks

EDIT: Point 61 states its at 500 bucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitrk (Post 965744)
Anyway this is 3 year old story. I have given up bike completely due to craze road traffic and happy to be in cage. One funny observation , ever since I moved to car 100% , I have never been stopped by the cops. They are always after two wheelers.

You are right. I have never been stopped by cops in Pune while in the car except if I am driving through residential areas at past mid night.

Quote:

Your digital snaps thingi intrests me. Can you let me know the email address you send this snaps. I should start using my N95 better.
editfeedback@timesgroup.com. Subject to your emails "The Pune Life"

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 965931)
I somehow feel that this is not the updated one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 965950)
EDIT: Point 61 states its at 500 bucks

Yes it might not be the official one but since this is the official website you might just take a print out.

Quote:

One official fine that I want to know is for not having PUC as I have heard cops saying that its 1000 Bucks
It is Rs. 1000/- which makes me believe that this fine list is pretty old.

If you observe carefully, you can see that one very important offence is missing. "Driving a Vehicle with defective/modified silencer". This I used to see in earlier list of Bangalore RTO's,but it no longer seems to be there.

Came across this and it seems to be the most comprehensive list of traffic violations.
This is a copy of the challan form Chandigarh Traffic Police uses for Traffic Violations. Got it from their site. Apologies - the print is very small, and you might need to download it and zoom in to have a good look.
As you see - if the Chandigarh traffic police flags you down they can book you for either one thing or the other. Drive safe.

In Delhi you can't see such small fines - less than 600