Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
* in the same traffic with all of us going one way (no way out) have you notice a 2nd and 3rd parallel line forming with everyone trying their best to beat the first guy??
Have you noticed that we do it even at McDonald's?!!
Old 24th August 2010, 01:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Mathurji,

Sorry for going OT but does that means there is a drive thru in NCR, if so please advise location.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:46   #78
BHPian

how many here victim to garbage / waste thrown out the window of the car in front (forget about spit/pan from the bus that jus overtook you lol)

@khoj - i think Mathur was talking about 'human' lines
Old 24th August 2010, 11:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how many here victim to garbage / waste thrown out the window of the car in front (forget about spit/pan from the bus that jus overtook you lol)

@khoj - i think Mathur was talking about 'human' lines
@johnda
Yes you got that right, Thank you. I stopped going to McD's during regular hours a long time ago except to the Drive in and for breakfast at 0730 a.m. At that time usually I am the only one with 2 or 3 patrons joining as I am finishing up, so no lanes and one is very nicely served at the table.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:02   #80
BHPian

an interesting incident that recently happened with me in Delhi. I was in my dad's Baleno stopped at a traffic signal waiting for it to turn green so that i could turn right. I was in the right most lane and there hardly was any space between my car and the divider. Suddenly I hear a small noise and realize that my right orvm has just been folded!!!
The guy on a bike seemed to have some unforeseen emergency to get to the front on the line and thus squeezed through the small space between my car and the divider, folded my orvm and happily continued with his way..guess a folded orvm is better than a broken one but then again $%^

peace,
~kg
Old 24th August 2010, 12:07   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Check this one out.

The other day I was driving 2 people and a lil into the journey, One of them said that the FE on the OHC was low coz of the AC and so on. Then he asked what if we drove with the windows down to see if there was more mileage, soon it went to good breeze out side.., Then the true reason for this discussion - He farted - it was the silent but violent type. The windows came down, the blower unit went on full, and we idiots didn't catch the riddles that my dear friend was asking!
Any of you had folks asking for FE with windows down?
I have also experienced this. We were travelling on Ooty hills in the middle of night. This friend of ours suddenly rolled-down the windows. We were shocked why he did that, and then it struck our noses!!
Then we realised that even the shivering cold breeze was way better than that smell.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Mathurji,

Sorry for going OT but does that means there is a drive thru in NCR, if so please advise location.
The one in Sec. 18, Noida used to be a drive-thru till 4-5 years back. I don't know about it's present status.

Nitin
Old 24th August 2010, 12:28   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Once I rammed into a Lancer deliberately so that he wont brake just to look around and see where he is supposed to turn. If he wanted to seek directions to reach his destination, he must park properly, get down and ask.
My Maruti 800 did not suffer much damage as the Lancer just came off a high bump and I just entered. I had just a cracked grille. He had broken tail lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshrs View Post
aaggoswami,
No offense intended, but I was little surprised to read this. Nothing gives you ever the legal or moral authority to ram into another's vehicle deliberately. I can understand the frustration with the driving behavior but does that justify the act of ramming into the car. Your behavior in this specific case seems to be worse than just bad driving manners. I would ashamed and plagued with guilt if I ever did it, even in the rush of the moment.
No legal expert, but this act of yours is probably even a criminial offence. Urge you to think about it.
Vignesh
+1 @ Vignesh

@aaggoswami - respected sir, you are a senior at tbhp and I believe that you should be setting examples of on-road behavior not lack of.
I wonder if you'd have done the same if you were in the aforementioned Baleno instead of the M800.

peace,
~kg
Old 24th August 2010, 14:24   #84
BHPian

I absolutely hate it when these [Alto/Punto] OR [Pulsar/Gulsar] type toys refuse to make way for a [Gypsy] OR [Bullet]. Despite honking and bullying to get these pests out of the way, they just refuse to budge!

Whatever happened to respecting the big guys on the road? Bad manners at its best i tell you! Havent they seen the ad: everybody makes way for the [bullet] OR [Gypsy]?

Signed
Gypsy and Bullet extremists

Old 24th August 2010, 17:59   #85
BHPian

Saw something interesting yesterday. It was pouring cats and dogs in Bangalore and there's a stretch in B'ghatta road where for around 50 mts, the left side of the road gets completely submerged in the water and the right side is just about free for the traffic to move in a single file.
I was in the single file proceeding slowly and just when I was passing this stretch, I saw a lone Indicab stuck in the left side, around a feet submerged in the water in a pathetic state.
Now from where does these morons get their grey matter to judge that their Indicab will be able to cross this stretch when all other lesser mortals(incl. big horse SUVs) are falling in line.
Served him right.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I have also experienced this. We were travelling on Ooty hills in the middle of night. This friend of ours suddenly rolled-down the windows. We were shocked why he did that, and then it struck our noses!!
Then we realised that even the shivering cold breeze was way better than that smell.
I think I would call it good manners
Old 24th August 2010, 19:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This line reminded me of an incident I witnessed and laughed my guts out.

I was taking a left under the flyover on the EEH after I crossed the Airoli bridge toll. There is bus stop just before the signal.....as the signal turned green, a smart fellow in white pants came running and boarded the bus in full style.

I was 2 car lengths behind the bus now....our hero paused at the door and then stuck his head out and let loose a red colored liquid arrow BUT the bus had picked up speed then and the air flow from outside took that red colored streak straight back onto the guys trousers.

I accelerated to the left of the bus and then looked at him and showed him

I was smiling all the way to home.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:05   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Once I was driving back to Noida from Delhi at around midnight through DND flyway. I was doing around 100+ and suddenly this dude in his lancer throws out empty beer can and it hits my tires . Luckily nothing bad happened. But this is totally idiotic behavior.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks