Team-BHP - Frustration / Anger / Basic etiquette
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Frustration / Anger / Basic etiquette (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/46169-frustration-anger-basic-etiquette.html)

Loction : Pune, Aundh, ITI Road
Time : 6:45 PM
Date : 21st September 2008

Self, along with my Wife (expecting, 8th month) and my father were driving in my Indica, moving in a peak evening traffic on ITI road towards baner road. As there was quite some traffic, we were moving slowly with a car ahead of us and a bus ahead of the car ahead of me. Bus slowed down to a halt ( bus stop near Surja Hotel) so the car in front of me slowed and came to halt and thus me. A car behind me ( white Ford Fiesta) not sure what the driver was doing, but, bang straight into my car from behind. I do understand that things like this can happen so, I got down and I motioned him to take his car to the side of the road as I saw traffic piling up behind us. I too took my car to the side of the road so that the traffic does not get held up.

However, as soon as I took my car to the side of the road, Ford Fiesta just picked up the speed and dashed away, melting into the traffic ahead near baner road junction.

Since my wife is expecting, almost in last stage, I could not go behind him / race him, as it was just too much a risk from me.

What frustrates me is the guy did not have decency to get down and say sorry and show basic etiquettes.

What angers me, is that I could not track him down then and there itself and give him a sound thrashing.

I was left fuming the whole evening and couldn't sleep through the night. However, the only solace that I have is I have his registration number. I will trace him down with help of my friend in RTO for sure.

Hope you guys don't go through such situation ever.

takecare and drive safely

I do feel sorry for you. What do you plan to do with his number though? Did you file any complaint against this guy?

One reason why people do this is, they are afraid of mob reaction. For all you know, he may be a decent guy who simply got scared and ran away. Of course, he might as well be a rotten bug, who cared least about you and your car.

Feel sorry for you. You should register FIR and pursue with the RTO

Really feel sorry for you. but cheer up guy you have better things to do then suffer the other guys indecency .Wait for your bundle of joy and forget the rest .

Good that you and your family is safe. BTW, whatz the damages on your car and his(?). If it is minor, don't bother. If major you can trace him down and giev him your piece of mind or you can give a police complaint against this car. They will find him and the necessary action can be taken. It is a case of hit and run.

Thank god that you and your family is safe. File a complaint against that car guy, go legally and let that bugger learn that he's done a mistake.

A basic decency of saying sorry for the mistake would have cooled things down. Forget such incidences, they are a part of Indian traffic. Its not worth loosing sleep for such things.

rkavthekar
rkavthekar
its ok things like this keep happening, the driver of the fiesta could have been some under-aged teen or someone who didnt have the decency to stop and apologize.
Relax no use loosing your sleep over such a looser.

Any Damage to your car?

Thank you all for the kind words. Beleive me, they had a soothing effect on me. As for the damage, there's a dent on the bumper. Haven't checked for internal damages, but I think there wouldn't be any, looking at the dent.

On the brighter side, this incident just pushed me to take an early decision of doing complete body work and painting for my Indica as I have been sitting on the fence pertaining to this decision. My Indica has faithfully served me for last 5.5 years, 90+ kms and has never ever stranded me on the road.

I need to start research on where I can get good body work / painting done in Pune at reasonable prices.

take care & drive safely