Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:40   #1
BHPian

For 5 minutes I was cop today!

It all started like a typical day for me. Day went by just fine. In the evening I was at sadashivanagar bashyam circle today at 7.30. Going 80 I see a green signal and try to make it but as I get closer I can see it turn Orange. I start slowing down and stop as soon as it turns red. There were 2 cops at the signal both start eyeing me. I ignore them. ( I hadn't broken any rules) :P:

The signal here was a long wait 140secs. Waiting waiting finally the signal changes to orange and then Green, I start moving slowly. Several bikes have passed me and completed the turn.

Right at this moment a tempo-auto jumps the red Signal from the other direction and heads towards me. He all most knocked me down. I brake hard, I lose control.

The driver of the tempo doesnt stop goes around me and zips away.

one of the cops comes running towards me yelling something in the local language which I dont understand at all. ( I start thinking that the cop is yelling at me and blaming it on me)

A passer by tells me that the cop who doesnt have a bike wants me to chase down this guy and stop him

I wave a thumbs up to the cop and I take off, going at 90-100 zipping through traffic with a lot honking and high-low beam..
I finally see the tempo I go up to him and ask him to pull over. He doesnt give in. So I over take him and brake forcing him to stop.

I go up to them and ask for license & registration
The tempo driver and his assitent were shocked to see me. The assistant asks me who was I. I tell him "license". The driver starts searching for his license.

Right at this moment the cop from the same signal came on another bike. He had taken a ride from another civilian. He comes up to me and shakes my hand and says "thank you sir thank you soo much"

A lot of on-lookers were shocked to see what was happening. Most of them including the tempo driver thought I was some big senior Cop..

The whole incident lasted for about 5 minutes. Felt like a real Cop

Happened to anyone else?

Last edited by Gregory : 23rd September 2008 at 00:47.
Gregory is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:49   #2
BHPian

Great Job man.

people like you make difference.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

lol. that cop told you to chase him down so that he can collect a hefty bribe from the tempo guy.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:54   #4
BHPian

no it has not happened to me yet..hoping that it happens to me soon..well done..

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd September 2008 at 07:42. Reason: don't quote the entire message
Old 23rd September 2008, 06:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good job pal!

I doubt the cop would have fined that tempo guy, he would be happy with the pocket money!
Anyway, tempo guy would think thrice before jumping the red signal next time!
Old 23rd September 2008, 06:28   #6
BHPian

I agree with Finney, but you did a great job Gregory. For a moment, I was imagining a scene from Rush Hour
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

I did see something similar at the Ejjipura signal few days back. A tempo had jumped the light and knocked down a two wheeler. The tempo didnt stop. so the cop stopped a two wheeler, got onto the back seat and asked the two wheeler fellow to go after the tempo. Well, the tempo stopped immediately when he saw this in his rear view mirror. Dont know what happened after that as the light turned green for me.
Old 24th September 2008, 02:18   #8
BHPian

Way to go Gregory! we usually run from the law but opportunity knock to prove that we are Law abiding and we could even help to do so.
I've always avoided cops cuz it's never been a good meeting... i didn't have my licence or my papers or helmet or (check this out) Since i have very long hair!! I've always been harassed or troubled. Well of late ( i dunno if it's coz there is a lady and a child in my car) i've been lot more sober and upfront when I met up with cops! WELL all the Best! nice job!
Old 24th September 2008, 03:59   #9
BHPian

wow,nice job buddy !
Old 24th September 2008, 04:18   #10
BHPian

WOW, it’s really good to chase someone is traffic and stop them on the middle of the road.
Old 24th September 2008, 08:48   #11
BHPian

Nice. Also a bit scary as how you automatically started talking like a cop, the moment you stopped them. Thinking about a change of jobs? Do the police accept part time vehicle chasers?
Old 24th September 2008, 10:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
lol. that cop told you to chase him down so that he can collect a hefty bribe from the tempo guy.
I very well knew this is what the cop will do.
And I pray that the cop took a huge ""FINE"" from him. This guy all most knocked me down.
But I'm rather glad that he had to pay up something. Maybe next time he will think twice before jumping a signal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Good job pal!

I doubt the cop would have fined that tempo guy, he would be happy with the pocket money!
Anyway, tempo guy would think thrice before jumping the red signal next time!
exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Way to go Gregory! we usually run from the law but opportunity knock to prove that we are Law abiding and we could even help to do so.
I've always avoided cops cuz it's never been a good meeting... i didn't have my licence or my papers or helmet or (check this out) Since i have very long hair!! I've always been harassed or troubled. Well of late ( i dunno if it's coz there is a lady and a child in my car) i've been lot more sober and upfront when I met up with cops! WELL all the Best! nice job!

You are right there, all most all the copers here are rude and arrogant. Generally the older cops are somewhat nicer but the young ones are totally rude.

I have got pulled over once and I kept my cool and had everything in order you should have seen the look on his face when he couldn't fine me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Nice. Also a bit scary as how you automatically started talking like a cop, the moment you stopped them. Thinking about a change of jobs? Do the police accept part time vehicle chasers?
HAHAHAHA! Very tempting with all the pursuit action and collecting the so called ""hefty fines""
Naa this guy just got on my nerve trying to run over me. The thought that he could have injured me or someone else in the future pushed me to make sure he learns his lesson.

lol I do not know about part time vehicle chasers but they do have some kind of traffic volunteer. (the blue cop uniform)
Old 24th September 2008, 15:03   #13
BHPian

Good job Gregory And a salute to the cop too..
Old 24th September 2008, 15:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

good job, but you could have been hit & run over by the tempo if he had been transporting some illegal stuff & did not want to be caught. Next time, exercise a little caution & wait for him to stop.
Old 24th September 2008, 15:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Do the police accept part time vehicle chasers?
I for one would take that job up in a snap. Would get those Red and Blue LED strobes behind the grill. Been a fan of the lights on the law enforcement cars abroad since I was like 10 years old.
But really awesome experience, wouldnt mind doing that once in a while!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks