Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Why dont we really do such initiative? But rather than axeing it ourselves, why not bring it to light through some org / body / media?
Well, its not that these have never been brought to the attention of the media or consequently any concerned bodies.

Case in point #1 : There is a another mountain called a backbreaker in front of the Cosmos mall on the Kundanahalli-ITPL road. I personally recall atleast two mails which were sent to the Times Of India - Bangalore edition complaining about how this particular whatever-breaker was a menace, and it needs to be removed, or toned down. NOTHING has happened about it.

Case in point #2 : There is a stretch of road which serves as an alternative from Sarjapur road to Electronic City joining onto Hosur Road in the process. Believe me, when i say that i have counted 22 speedbreakers on this 7 kms stretch. This was also reported by some citizen in the newspaper, but once again NOTHING has come of it, save the fact that some amount of newspaper space was used up. To add insult to injury, another 6 more (you read that right, its 6!!) have sprung upon this stretch. Now, i have stopped counting, and am contemplating on my next course of action.

As i have proved beyond doubt through the examples above, highlighting it to so-n-so is going to get us nowhere.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

What else to do with this thick skin guys? It takes more than several complaints by more than 100s of people or infact 1000s to set somethigns right. So, together lets see if we can make any difference.

And doing things little different will highlight the cause. So, think different
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I think we should go ahead with the axe idea. I read something yesterday which i would like to share. " There is no use complaining it is dark, its better to light a candle."

I drive both 2 & 4 wheelie. For a 2-wheel driver the unscientific reverse-"U"-shape speed-breaker is a bigger issue than a 4-wheel driver. This causes back-related injuries and stress on the shoulders. Wish if we can sue BBMP for building such hazardous things on the road.

I am game for axe idea, all we need is some khaki uniforms and we can fake it to be BBMP itself .

I am not against speedbreakers, but that should be build scientifically and placed correctly.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Yes, in my case its justified.
I invite you to Ramamurthy Nagar main road. I can see right before my eyes how my tax money is being spent. This road is bustling with activity. There's digging 24/7. There's not a time where NOTHING is happening and my money being WASTED. I'm a HAPPY tax-payer. All this digging costs money. What do you think?
BTW, i'm waiting for this digging to end so that i can use it. If not me, at least my future generation will use it. You see, i'm a very happy tax-payer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Murder happens in every part of the world. Its no big deal when it doesn't affect you.

Here, the deal is it affects you. Period.
LOL !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yeah maybe we should organise a TBHP AXE Drive Pan Bangalore, and cut down to size (literally) all the humps.
Let know if you chaps are serious about this. There is a humongous car breaker on Mysore road near Maddur which needs the AXE Effect sooner or later.

Hey guys look at the brighter side, our contractors have atleast genuine ways of putting up speed breakers using tar.

During my previous trip around T Narasipura and Chamarajnagar areas I found speed breakers made using electric poles.Picture that .
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
LOL !!

Let know if you chaps are serious about this. There is a humongous car breaker on Mysore road near Maddur which needs the AXE Effect sooner or later.

Hey guys look at the brighter side, our contractors have atleast genuine ways of putting up speed breakers using tar.

During my previous trip around T Narasipura and Chamarajnagar areas I found speed breakers made using electric poles.Picture that .
Now dont tell me you would find spead breakers using Teak trees near one of those forest areas
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Riju, what say we kick start this plan? I am in. Have been tolerating this for a long time now.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Nice idea

Btw, it says me something else. Why dont we really do such initiative? But rather than axeing it ourselves, why not bring it to light through some org / body / media?

Can we get to what is the actual / official / prescribed size of the humps?

I know it may be of no or less help if we move to BBMP guys, but if we make it a point to TOI or something like that, it WILL make a diff.
Are you joking? Do you think these people (BBMP) will act w/o vitamin M. You bribe them they will do whatever you want.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Now dont tell me you would find spead breakers using Teak trees near one of those forest areas
I am yet to see one of these types but then imagine a speed breaker made using an electric pole and the sides being tapered using mud and small stones. One rain and the whole thing goes away, now you are left with a electric pole on the road which is easily about 6/7 inches high and you gotto drive over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Riju, what say we kick start this plan? I am in. Have been tolerating this for a long time now.
Benny I will think of it when my office shifts to Whitefield which is due to happen in the near future .

On a serious note why don't you chaps call the traffic cops and get them involved ? We had one of the speed breakers removed in my area some time back after getting the traffic cops involved. Give it a try you guys have nothing to loose.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Hope you guys have already pooled in the bail amount.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:12   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hope you guys have already pooled in the bail amount.
If things like these can come up faster than one can blink an eye, and are usually illegal in the first place, i dont think they deserve any condolences when demolished. As for the bail part, i dont think the cops would actually care.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Just stop using the road !

As it is you face problems on the road, better face it on another road. After a few days, the humps will be removed since hardly any traffic on the road - Gandhigiri Zindabad !

Damn - I just woke up.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:12   #27
BHPian

Well, I am game for facing the breakers... I can get some tools for rent... I am near Maruti Nagar - Malleshpalya.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

You are late man. This thread is being one year old and you bumped just now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolimuttai View Post
Well, I am game for facing the breakers... I can get some tools for rent... I am near Maruti Nagar - Malleshpalya.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice that this thread has bumped.

Topic : Taffic Pile up in front of BIMAL.

Our so called contractors and BBMP have decided to tar the Whitefield road from Whitefield Honda to ITPL during peak hours. Well I was at the receiving end today en route office.

Road closed for traffic on the left side and two way traffic on the right side of the road. Took me 45 mins to reach office from Whitefield Honda to Salarpuria GR Tech Park.

Icing on the cake : Tar being laid is less than an inch thick. Looks like a bedspread on the existing potholes and nothing more.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:20   #30
BHPian

Riju, I share the same views.. also the road to ITPL from whitefield honda is relatively good compared to the other direction.. why the heck have they started the road works on this side of the road first rather than work on non existant road on the other direction. and i too am surcumspect about the quality of work done!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks