Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:33   #1
BHPian

Traffic pile up infront of Bimal Mahadevapura

Hi, for the last 2 days, there is a lot of traffic pile up infront of BIMAL Mahadevapura and thanks to the "Excellent" unscientific speed breaker that has come up on both sides,motorists are having a tough time to pass this junction.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd September 2008 at 11:40. Reason: spelling
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:57   #2
BHPian

Yeah, but I am trying to help everyone else out there... I scrape it using my car yesterday ... yeah man,, its that big..
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:27   #3
BHPian

Cool...finally they're putting ALL your tax money to good use by making BIG speedbreakers. I really wonder why all those guys working in ITPL and around pay ROAD TAX..and INCOME TAX.
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:48   #4
BHPian

If you think speed breakers in whitefield road are bad, try driving in front of ITPL back gate
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Cool...finally they're putting ALL your tax money to good use by making BIG speedbreakers. I really wonder why all those guys working in ITPL and around pay ROAD TAX..and INCOME TAX.
How about the rest of the bangaloreans? Do you mean that what they pay is justified

Yes, recently they closed many potholes on this road and so came up with these breakers as a bonus.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
How about the rest of the bangaloreans? Do you mean that what they pay is justified
Yes, in my case its justified.
I invite you to Ramamurthy Nagar main road. I can see right before my eyes how my tax money is being spent. This road is bustling with activity. There's digging 24/7. There's not a time where NOTHING is happening and my money being WASTED. I'm a HAPPY tax-payer. All this digging costs money. What do you think?

BTW, i'm waiting for this digging to end so that i can use it. If not me, at least my future generation will use it. You see, i'm a very happy tax-payer.

Last edited by Torqy : 23rd September 2008 at 11:08.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

IT happens in every part of the city. Whatz the big deal here?
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
IT happens in every part of the city. Whatz the big deal here?
Murder happens in every part of the world. Its no big deal when it doesn't affect you.

Here, the deal is it affects you. Period.

Last edited by Torqy : 23rd September 2008 at 11:22.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:23   #9
Team-BHP Support

Guys, i also had the fortune of scraping my car and donating a small part of its underbelly to this massive speedbreaker adorning the road. I have also donated part of the underbelly to another three which have come up along Hosa road. Makes me feel my money is indeed well-spent. Thank you!

Seriously speaking, i am contemplating going out with an axe, and axing these backbreakers to more saner limits. Now, thats what i would call 'THE AXE EFFECT'.

Anyone game to join in?
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Murder happens in every part of the world. Its no big deal when it doesn't affect you.

Here, the deal is it affects you. Period.
Understand the logic. These kind of humps appear everywhere out of bluemoon. Thanks to our BBMP officials and traffic cops. I have seen this in my locality. There were no hump the morning I left to office and by evening, there is a huge hump on the road. This is done w/o anybody's permission or notice. This affects everybody.

As Ben has put it, you need to take the axe and start axing these things.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Seriously speaking, i am contemplating going out with an axe, and axing these backbreakers to more saner limits. Now, thats what i would call 'THE AXE EFFECT'.
Ha ! I see that you are using the axe to good effect. Just be careful not to go anywhere near girls when you do that. A hunk with an axe is just too much to resist for any poor girl.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Is it always the BBMP guys laying these humps? I see that in some roads with many apartments, there are many humps coming out from no where. Infact I even know a apartment guys who was asking the guys laying the roads to put a hump in front of their doors so the fast moving cabs will go slow.
Some humps are full concreate on a tar-ed road. So, I doubt if the appt guys themselves come up with such humps?
So, each locality members WANT their place to be safe from speeding cars and this results to the ADDITION of more and more bumps.
I wish we could see a record from BBMP with the places they really put the humps. Should be very less in that I guess. (May be BBMP will add these extra humps in the record and claim money )
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:50   #13
BHPian

I think we should go ahead with the axe idea. I read something yesterday which i would like to share. " There is no use complaining it is dark, its better to light a candle."
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yeah maybe we should organise a TBHP AXE Drive Pan Bangalore, and cut down to size (literally) all the humps.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no use complaining it is dark, its better to light a candle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yeah maybe we should organise a TBHP AXE Drive Pan Bangalore, and cut down to size (literally) all the humps.
Nice idea

Btw, it says me something else. Why dont we really do such initiative? But rather than axeing it ourselves, why not bring it to light through some org / body / media?

Can we get to what is the actual / official / prescribed size of the humps?

I know it may be of no or less help if we move to BBMP guys, but if we make it a point to TOI or something like that, it WILL make a diff.

Most Viewed