Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:25   #16
BHPian

As a bike+car owner/driver, i can tell you driving bike is not really a sweet experience in indian roads.
Reason :- Heat , Dust, Smoke, Bullied by trucks. And on top you gotto wear the helmet and I can tell you the experience of riding it in a sunny day is torturous compared to the cooled environment inside the car ( probably with access to a music system ).

I am not supporting stupid bikers and I know that roads are full of them!, so when I drive my car I drive defensively. You may lose 10 minutes on a 20 km journey driving defensively, but is it worth the extra tension and compression you are giving to your heart?.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_gogo View Post
@ techno:

You are right, we do same thing, whenever we ride we blame car driver, & when we drive we blame bikers. This is a kind of mental set in India. But i drive or ride in same manner /being in traffic rule. but what do you have to say about auto-driver ?

Yep thats True.

As about Auto drivers, well they are what they are
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:41   #18
Team-BHP Support

I have this personal saying that all of us Indian car drivers will go to heaven when we die, thanks to all the biker lives we have saved. BTW, I have never received a thanks from a single biker, not even acknowledgment of the gift of the life they just received despite their carelessness.

So I just shrug and move on, unthanked, unacknowledged...
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

i have only one thing to say to such agnidoots, let them drive cars for sometime and encounter such bikers them selves, imo only through such experiences will they learn and remember to behave on roads with their bikes.

its kind of sad lot of bikes dont know how difficult or how easy its for the car guys to CONTROL(both the car,bigger vehicles and the temper of the driver) when they try to barge in at wrong times and completely dont understand signals. They sad part is they think kat marke chaldiye buss, but they dont understand how dangerous the situation can get and its always the biker who is "TOO DAMN UNSAFE", and being in India we know at the end of the day whos fault it could be obviously car guy's and hence they do such barging in and take it for granted that a car guy would stand down to avoid the newsense or damage.

IMHO this dude should be sent to kolkatta or hyderabad and should be made to drive a car to 3 months as a correction program for him to learn and remember to drive/ride right be it car or bike.

Last edited by rider60 : 23rd September 2008 at 14:00.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:09   #20
Team-BHP Support

Today saw a guy on a bike who went straight into a lady who was crossing the road; obviously she didnt look before she jumped onto the road, and the biker was trying to beat the traffic light as he ripped. Both went down in a heap, and you didnt know whom to emphatise with. Luckily, both escaped unhurt, astleast going by the initial impression.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I have only one complaint against bikers. Most of them drive in the right most lane and are looking straight ahead and no amounts of honk will make them turn their head or move to the left

Sometimes, i seriously find this very funny, do they think their neck will sprain or a split periparal vision look will result in an accident?

We should make such bikers take a hard look at the Motogp races, where the riders at such speeds still find that split second to take a look back if someone is overtaking or on their tail while take a turn
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have only one complaint against bikers. Most of them drive in the right most lane and are looking straight ahead and no amounts of honk will make them turn their head or move to the left

Sometimes, i seriously find this very funny, do they think their neck will sprain or a split periparal vision look will result in an accident?

We should make such bikers take a hard look at the Motogp races, where the riders at such speeds still find that split second to take a look back if someone is overtaking or on their tail while take a turn
dude the solution to this problem is simple get better horns!!!
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is my biggest peeve of all. I hate it when some idiot is on the rightmost lane doing 40.

The solution like rider60 is to get a better horn installed.

Now my quuestion is :
Can I get one of these on a Swift?
https://www.kahlenberg.com/yacht.html#ultimate
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have this personal saying that all of us Indian car drivers will go to heaven when we die, thanks to all the biker lives we have saved. BTW, I have never received a thanks from a single biker, not even acknowledgment of the gift of the life they just received despite their carelessness.
So I just shrug and move on, unthanked, unacknowledged...
perfect comment. 'they' (not all) depend on driving skill of others' on their own survival. vital point. and fourwheelers do a better job than doctors do in saving lives. is there a similar oath also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
dude the solution to this problem is simple get better horns!!!
yes i agree. train horns??
dont blame the horns. they are just too amateur.
PS: my horns are adubile to truck drivers sitting meters away high in a huge truck. still no biker hears it even inches away from his/her ear.
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

... and why the heck do these bikers remove their rear-view mirrors?

Not that I am not a biker ... I have Enfield, riding it for past 5 years. Always thanked the presence of rear view mirrors.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I think most bikers ride like they're possessed. Seen them cutting across lanes without signalling, hoping that the other guy will brake on time. Well, sometimes they get lucky and sometimes they dont.

I just keep an eye out for folks weaving in and out of traffic and try giving them a lot of space. Would hate to run over someone and get my ride all messed up.

I sure hope that they would learn their lesson before they get unlucky though.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
8) While overtaking a big vehicle try to make the overtaking operation as fast as you can and don't try to keep the Speedo needle in the "economy" range or the LED in "economy" mode taking all the time and space on the road forever!

I would advise against a sudden 'fast' maneuver. that's what causes confusion to others. both biker and the car are going steady and suddenly they want to overtake and occupy the same slot. result, crash!!

overtaking should be done in moderately higher speed in natural progression.

overtaking by going in the lane for opposite direction should be done in extreme cases, with very high margin for safety, and at a higher speed.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
... and why the heck do these bikers remove their rear-view mirrors?

Not that I am not a biker ... I have Enfield, riding it for past 5 years. Always thanked the presence of rear view mirrors.

well lets just say the bikes prefer more modern looking RVMs like the 220 pulsars and think that all the others are just old school style thats why!

man they are not habituated to using the mirrors in the first case so these reasons hold pretty good for them to remove mirrors.

there are far too many damn reasons one gives, to go mirror less, but the stupidEST one i came across was a guy saying they protrude out too much and scrapes the other vehicles while in traffic!!!, while the handle/bike just fit in the gap.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
This is my biggest peeve of all. I hate it when some idiot is on the rightmost lane doing 40.

The solution like rider60 is to get a better horn installed.

Now my quuestion is :
Can I get one of these on a Swift?
https://www.kahlenberg.com/yacht.html#ultimate

just get a couple of steble nautilus it would do the job just fine, or even cheap & best solution are a couple of pairs of roots wind tone horns that i am currently using in my viva does the job right for those indifferent bikers/drivers.

i have a switch setting though where in only one pair is used at a time and the moment i find a stubborn foo,l i switch on and honk with all four horns. i intentionally got it done that way for i dont want to create a horn nuisance unnecessarily rather until the situation calls for it.

Last edited by rider60 : 24th September 2008 at 00:03.
Old 24th September 2008, 09:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Samurai: That's a nice perspective. I'm feeling good already. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks