Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 12:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Gansan,

Sorry to say, but in a country plagued by a total lack of traffic sense, I dont see why zig zagging is the sole preserve of the bikers esp when sunday drivers hog the rightmost lane!

I zigzag in pretty much similar fashion irrespective of my pulsar 180 or the swift. And I honk like crazy and flick headlights/use indicators - better to put people on notice, rather than just surprise and overtake them!

Its always easy for us to criticize others till we are in their shoes!

@Sheel bhai - ditto for you Your logic is as funny - cars are either driven by slowpoke economisers or school kids. It leaves no scope for fast drivers - we can only do lane driving if the rightmost lane is not hogged by slowpokes (<80 speeds, esp on the expressway!)

but yes, though i'm pretty fast, I'm clear about not making mistakes - can't afford an error. Agree on that
I never zig-zag, whether on my bike or car.

And check my post again, we are talking of city roads here! As for highways, the right most lane is only for overtaking and not for driving at steady speeds. Even there, if the legal speed limit is 80, then 80 it is and and someone sticking to it is not a slowpoke, whatever the fast driver may think!
Old 25th January 2010, 17:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

This is my first post in Team-BHP. I thought I'd share my experience behind the steering of our M800, while driving towards Palakkad on NH-47 (Palakkad -Coimbatore Highway), near to Chandranagar. A biker was going ahead of me, obviously a moron, because he was trying to overtake a trailer truck from both sides that too in packed traffic. I was doing around 60, and when i got a chance, i overtook him after giving proper headlight signal and honking (it was around 1730hrs - kind of bright). After some time, this moron tried to overtake us from the left side, but couldn't do it because of a parked truck. Next, he tried from the right side, again, missed because of on-coming traffic. Now, I was trying to overtake the truck in front of us, and this idiot advanced to the left, and was about to cut across, when the truck braked. Luckily, this guy managed to veer off to the left. Again and again he tried overtaking us from the left, and "in the interest of public safety", I blocked him by swaying left. Next, he tried overtaking from the right, literally squeezing in between the oncoming traffic and our car. So I blocked him again. This continued for a while. And my dad who was sitting beside me started getting irritated by this moron. He asked me to slow down a bit so that the biker would come near to the left-side window. I did, and dad gave him a nice dose at the top of his voice. That guy didn't have a helmet, was wearing a fluttering dhoti, and was riding a Splendor (Not enough power to overtake on a highway, from my experience). End of part one.

Only a few minutes had passed, this time a Spark came from behind. THis guy didn't give any signals - no horns, lights. I saw it in the ORVM and slowed down a bit but there was a bus coming from the opposite side. This nutcrack zipped by and braked right next to us, missing the bus by inches only because the bus driver veered off. That idiot was going at at least 90kmph with some 4-5 people inside, because i myself was at 70kmph. The End.

Neither bikers nor car-drivers can be glorified. There are nut cracks among both
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Today I was going to himayath nagar via Imax circle(necklace road entrance) , I escaped by downshifting and flooring my gas pedal. He ended ramming his bike into the 5series and falling down. He was lucky enough that no vehicle was coming from behind, Else It was surely his last day on earth.
Amazing, the same situation, only different cities and different roads. A biker as usual was tryin to overtake me on his ported rx100 from the left side, on the divided fame ad labs road in andheri. Now I moved as much as I could, but due to the divider, I couldnt give him enough room to overtake. The stupid guy tried to gun his engine and in the process hit the road side garbage container (the BMC one), and actually fell head first into the thrash . It was hilarious
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The stupid guy tried to gun his engine and in the process hit the road side garbage container (the BMC one), and actually fell head first into the thrash . It was hilarious
Deserves it. Next time, hopefully when he tries to do this, he would remember the Trash Can Incident
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:16   #50
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Deserves it. Next time, hopefully when he tries to do this, he would remember the Trash Can Incident
Guess that's where he truly belonged.
Imagine what he would have said falling in the trash can. "Momma. I'm home!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks