Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 13:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suggestions pls: Reliable petrol pumps in HitecCity area

Hyderabad t-bhpians,

can you pls suggest reliable petrol pumps in Hitec City area or between Nagarjuna Hills and Hitec City ?

thanks
Srini - visiting Cyberabad!
Old 29th September 2008, 14:15   #2
NitinGirish

I havent tried any in that stretch, although there are lot of bunks along the way. But I usually fill from IOC bunk at Somajiguda circle (abt 1km from Nagarjuna Hills). IOC bunk near Himalaya Book stores is also not bad. If you are very particular, you can visit Shell on Raj Bhavan road, though this will be a fairly long deviation.

Old 29th September 2008, 14:35   #3
BHPian

I always refill at the HP petrol pump just adjacent Jubilee Hills checkpost. Have never faced any problem till now. What I like the most about that pump is that the attendants have never attempted to cheat. And the pump's nice and spacious.

Beware of the Indian OIl pump at Madhapur (the famous petrol pump junction of Madhapur). I once caught them trying to cheat me (typical not resetting the meter trick). Have never visited it since though it's very close to my home.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:44   #4
BHPian

Real difficult to find !!! They have born to Cheat the Customer.
A small tips. Please don't turn around or engage talking while they start filling till the end. They always try to convert your mind asking some stupid question.
Like what is your car/Mileage/ How you are paying card or cash etc... Many times it happens to me but caught and threaten them to report to the higher authority.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I always refill at the HP petrol pump just adjacent Jubilee Hills checkpost. Have never faced any problem till now. What I like the most about that pump is that the attendants have never attempted to cheat. And the pump's nice and spacious.

Beware of the Indian OIl pump at Madhapur (the famous petrol pump junction of Madhapur). I once caught them trying to cheat me (typical not resetting the meter trick). Have never visited it since though it's very close to my home.
Even I have had similiar experience at the Madhapur Petrol pump 3 years back (the last time I visited that place.). Also the IOC petrol pump beside the pride Honda Showroom is famous for adulterated petrol. I always get my vehicals refuelled at the HP pump near the Jubilee Hills check Post.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Even I suggest the same HP petrol pump just adjacent Jubilee Hills check post.I am used this pump from last 2 years.

IBP jest before TCS never sell normal petrol they always go for premium petrol only that too they never tell to customer before filling
Old 29th September 2008, 23:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Even I have had similiar experience at the Madhapur Petrol pump 3 years back (the last time I visited that place.). Also the IOC petrol pump beside the pride Honda Showroom is famous for adulterated petrol. I always get my vehicals refuelled at the HP pump near the Jubilee Hills check Post.
I am surprised that you guys say so! I never tried that bunk in the last 4-5 years. That was till the diesel crisis hit the town. Every bunk was running dry. This is when I realized that being a COCO pump they get supply every evening. I landed up there and queued up. Of course they did not pull any trick on me.

After sometime I realized something surprising! My FE shot up by 2 kms/ltr. Just to double check, and of course because the other bunks were still running dry, I again refilled from there. Sure enough the average was almost as good as the last time.

Then of course I found that the IBP bunk close to the Begumpet airport (another COCO) is almost as good. I decided that the IBP diesel probably suits my cars tummy.

One thing though, the IBP bunk in HiTech (next to Pride Honda) does not accept cards, apparently. You need to carry cash.
Old 30th September 2008, 00:17   #8
BHPian

i usually fill it @ the IBP near the Pride Honda showroom... overall i feel IBP is better.
Old 30th September 2008, 18:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

How is the IOC pump opp Raheja Mindspace ?
Old 1st October 2008, 11:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
How is the IOC pump opp Raheja Mindspace ?
Only one suggestion about this pump. NEVER GO THERE. My pulsar always started misbehaving after getting refuelled there. And they never have normal petrol. I nearest petrol pump for me is the Jubilee Hills checkpost. I dont even consider others as petrol Pumps.
Old 3rd October 2008, 00:30   #11
BHPian

Some Good News for you :
PIB Press Release

Petrol helpline ...
Old 4th October 2008, 01:22   #12
BHPian

I have been filling from Petrol pump next to Ohri's Banjara on Road No 12. Both quality and quantity have been consistent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks